Trt dosage long term final quesiton to make a decision

gleroux

Hi everyone. I have a really important decision to take. I'm a 28 years old guy who have abuse steroid in the past from 20 years old to 24 years old (so i have been drug free for 4 years) non stop high dosage (500mg a week test E). And obviously i suffer from it right now despite the fact that i have recover to normal level of testosterone (500ng/dl). I still have all the symptome of hypogonadism. All my hormone are still in range my doctor (someone who specifically treat bodybuilder) tell me without any proof (he is honest about it) that it's probably something about the receptor and that im fuck for life. I'm extremely depress and honestly i will probably kill myself in the next 5 years if i dont find a solution. And i know what is the solution it's simple starting trt at 140mg to start and raise it until i feel well.

So my question is is there somebody here that have use or know someone that have use trt at 140mg-200mg for more than 30 years that still alive with a good quality of life ?

(I tried everything to be happy antidepressant, stimulant)

Last edited:
Hi megatron thank you for your answer.

free t : 401 pmol/l
total t : 19.4 nmol/l
shbg : 39 nmol/l
bio-t : 8.2 nmol/l
prolactin : 16.2 ug/l

Please answer me back

Last edited:
Hi megatron thank you for your answer.

free t : 401 pmol/l
total t : 19.4 nmol/l
shbg : 39 nmol/l
bio-t : 8.2 nmol/l
prolactin : 16.2 ug/l

Please answer me back

I don't have all the reference ranges memorized. Can you please add them?

I'm not seeing anything that jumps out. Your prolactin is on the higher side of the normal range. Maybe keep an eye on that?

Depression has many causes. It often isn't due to hormone levels. Even if you went on TRT, you would just be getting yourself back to the same Total Testosterone level that your body is currently producing itself. So I don't see how TRT would help you feel better.

You could try running a cycle again to see if supra physiological testosterone levels help with your depression. Or look into treatments for depression. There are lots of effective drugs. Maybe ketamine? Most importantly, are you in regular therapy with a psychologist? If not, I suggest you begin therapy immediately.

Hi everyone. I have a really important decision to take. I'm a 28 years old guy who have abuse steroid in the past from 20 years old to 24 years old (so i have been drug free for 4 years) non stop high dosage (500mg a week test E). And obviously i suffer from it right now despite the fact that i have recover to normal level of testosterone (500ng/dl). I still have all the symptome of hypogonadism. All my hormone are still in range my doctor (someone who specifically treat bodybuilder) tell me without any proof (he is honest about it) that it's probably something about the receptor and that im fuck for life. I'm extremely depress and honestly i will probably kill myself in the next 5 years if i dont find a solution. And i know what is the solution it's simple starting trt at 140mg to start and raise it until i feel well.

So my question is is there somebody here that have use or know someone that have use trt at 140mg-200mg for more than 30 years that still alive with a good quality of life ?

(I tried everything to be happy antidepressant, stimulant)

Try to find a doctor that will treat your symptoms, not one that tries to get you into a “range” on a scale. There are certain people who need to be at a level higher than mid-range on scale. Some people need more T to alleviate their symptoms, just like there are some people who need less.

Back