TRT Going Well - Just Received Bad News About my Thyroid

ChronosOceanus

Hi All,

Been a while since I posted, but still check in once in a while. I started TRT in January 2016. Took a while to get things right and had a flare up of body acne, but things have been going great...until I found out that i had papillary thyroid carcinoma (aka thyroid cancer). Now, that sounds really bad - and it's not good - but doctors call it the "good cancer", because if you HAD to pick one cancer to have this one is the most treatable. You basically get your thyroid removed and 95% of patients are fine.

I'm posting this because after I have the surgery I will need to be on a second hormone replacement medication for the rest of my life...Synthroid. I wanted to see if any other guys on TRT have had this experience - either thyroid cancer or just deficiency. From what I understand it's fairly common, although balancing your medication takes time just like TRT, and you can get tired and foggy during the adjustment period.

Any advice/experiences would be appreciated.

-CO

I would not do just synthroid I would do a T4/T3 combo SLOW RELEASE. Thats the important part, much easier to titrate and you only have to take it once per day and its cheaper.

Sorry to hear about the results, but yea my mother had hers removed too and she does well with the meds. They key is to find the right dose with thyroid meds and they can be finicky.

I would suggest starting at 100mcg 80/20 ratio. Your body turns a lot of your T4 into T3.

Hope this helps.

Back