TRT, had high E on 100mg/week, switched to 50mg/E3.5D subq, where do I go from here?

damn that's a big difference. I knew it could affect E2, but I didn't expect it to affect T levels that much.

How come you felt better on E3.5D than EOD? Unless your E2 was sky high, those were amazing levels of T for so little Test C.

damn that's a big difference. I knew it could affect E2, but I didn't expect it to affect T levels that much.

How come you felt better on E3.5D than EOD? Unless your E2 was sky high, those were amazing levels of T for so little Test C.

I am not sure. Still trying to figure out where I feel best. I thought it was E3.5D but I am second guessing myself. My estrogen levels have been low since starting TRT. I practically haven't had a reading over 20 on the Labcorp sensitive scale, where most guys go for 22-32. I actually remember some of my beginner posts around here when I was doing EOD telling guys they use too much test haha.

Anyway - have a look below. Here are my numbers over the course of the past 9 months. Definitely interesting. Admittedly, I probably changed my protocols a bit too fast in some cases.

Dose in MG/Frequency - Total Test Per Week - T (348-1198)/E (3-70)
---------------------------------------------
24/E0D - 84mg - 819/<3 (Taking too much AI, stopped all ADEX after this reading)
28/EOD - 98mg - 938/5
28/EOD - 98mg - 849/18
28/EOD - 98mg - 929/15
28/EOD - 98mg - 780/17
28/EOD - 98mg - 915/25
28/M-W-F - 84mg - 779/14
28/M-W-F - 84mg - 743/14
28/M-W-F - 84mg - 763/19
32/EOD - 112mg - 833/12
50/E3D -116mg - 712/20
56/E3D - 130mg - 792/15
76/E3.5D - 152mg - 996/19
60/E3.5D - 120mg - Waiting on results...
---------------------------------------------

I have this weird feeling 60mg E3D with a little HCG the day before each injection is my golden ticket... just waiting to try it lol. HCG has caused me enough problems that I am now scared of it. Despite all those LOW estrogen readings, my pre-existing gyno grew when I started TRT and I had it removed recently.

Interesting for sure. And again... I am a bad example. That's way too many changes for 8 months, if I followed my own advice.

-Jim

Last edited:
Just be careful. Everyone feels awesome when they bump doses - until estrogen creeps up. Not saying it will, but it might. at 60mg E3D my estrogen is actually too low.

-Jim

Definitely very aware of it. I pinch my nips every day to make sure they aren't tender! lol, no breakouts or moodiness either. Will get some bloodwork done next month to be sure.

Definitely very aware of it. I pinch my nips every day to make sure they aren't tender! lol, no breakouts or moodiness either. Will get some bloodwork done next month to be sure.

Lol well don't give yourself psudo-gyno from plain ol' agitation of the tissue due to contact. You will know if gyno starts.

Jim

Last edited:
Yeah you sure are weird. You could probably run a 500mg/week cycle without AIs :)

Those results on EOD are tempting, I might just go for 34mg/EOD instead.

Despite having a massive spreadsheet, I seem to be missing that entry. I'll have to find the lab. Closest I have is 56/E3D put me at 792 peak (348-1197). Sensitive E was low. I am not too settled on this reading as I wasn't on the protocol for that long before the draw.

Currently waiting on results from 60/E3.5D.

When I did 28mg EOD (approx 100 a week), I averaged a TT of 900. With an equal amount of test per week, EOD definitely takes you further.

-Jim

60 E3.5D is different from 60 mg E3D. ..
its comparing 480 mg T to 600 mg T every 30 days.

Yeah you sure are weird. You could probably run a 500mg/week cycle without AIs :)

Most guys don't need to pin more than twice a week. Many are fine with just once a week.

Always interesting to read these posts. For example, the top TRT guy at Tnation recommends EOD. IMT here recommends E5D. Varies so much forum to forum.

Jim

Perhaps it would be ideal if we could be on an IV drip. :)

You have to figure out what works for you. Fortunately there are a lot of guys who have gone ahead of us so we can learn from there experiences.

Perhaps it would be ideal if we could be on an IV drip. :)

You have to figure out what works for you. Fortunately there are a lot of guys who have gone ahead of us so we can learn from there experiences.

Yeah - its just wild. If there is one thing I have learned from all these forums, that can't be disputed - everyone is different.

-Jim

RickP - I'm not sure I am actually weird... its just that alot of guys here don't inject EOD.

BTW - just got results back from 60mg E3.5D. Peak reading came in at TT 871, Sensitive E 23. This is my most sensible reading so far. Not feeling my best, but I am going to stick it out with this protocol for the time being to let it settle further.

-Jim

One question: I haven't felt great these last few days (but I am recovering from a very bad flu, so there's that). Below average libido / erections.

The 533 result for T is probably close to my average. On IM it was 330 on the 7th day. Is it possible that my T levels are lower on subQ? I've seen people complaining about this issue.

Generally, no, but nothing is impossible. Only bloodwork will really let you know. I saw no actual change in TT between the two, backed by bloodwork. I do get higher levels by injecting more frequently though.

The Internet is tough... Half of it is made up and the rest is just anecdotal with very little science or proof behind it.

Can't argue how you feel though. If you like IM, and think you feel better on it, then just do it. You can use the same little syringes in the delts or quads.
-Jim

One question: I haven't felt great these last few days (but I am recovering from a very bad flu, so there's that). Below average libido / erections.

The 533 result for T is probably close to my average. On IM it was 330 on the 7th day. Is it possible that my T levels are lower on subQ? I've seen people complaining about this issue.

If it doesn't get better after your flu symptoms go away, run some blood work. E2 could be too high or low.

Back