Tryin to lower my TRT dose having problems messuring.

killchill

Hello guys, i have been injecting 100mg twice a week for my TRT that was easy id just draw .5ml 5 lines plus whatever was in between the barrel and the needle, usually if i pull back all whats in the needle goes to 5.2ml or 7 lines.

i having problems measuring exact dose trying to lower to 80mg twice a week and i want to be as accurate as possible, should i just count 4 lines plus whats between the barrel and the needle which accounts for 5.1ml or 6 lines as 80mg or only the 4 lines on the barrel. before i really didn't care as long i was injecting my 100mg maybe a few extra mg here and there but now i want to be as accurate as possible and only do 80mg twice a week.

By the lines i mean the little marks on the barrel i use 3cc barrel. sorry if i cant explain a little better my English my second language.

if your pulling to the 1/2 cc mark, 5 lines up, then each line is 20mg of test, therefore if you want 80mg then just draw to the 4th line up

if your pulling to the 1/2 cc mark, 5 lines up, then each line is 20mg of test, therefore if you want 80mg then just draw to the 4th line up

thanks roush i understand that but should i account whats in between the barrel and the needle ? because i can messure 4 lines = 80mg, but im not sure if i should be accounting for that extra .1cc in the needle. the base of the needle holds alot of test and im not sure if i should be accounting that to my dose.

May I suggest a smaller syringe? I use .3cc syringes and it's pretty easy to measure to .01cc accuracy. I've seen people trying to do .25cc doses with 3cc syringes. What are you using?

That's funny, you posted pics as I was commenting.

Find the smallest syringe you can and make life easier. You probably aren't doing subq with that needle, so insulin syringes are out, but you can get a 1cc syringe with a needle for IM.

I use 3cc barrels Billegetimate may buy smaller ones but i want to finish this ones have about 90 to go lol.

so looking at that picture left one is 80mg and right one is 80mg plus whatever is in the needle am i right ?

Last edited:
I use 3cc barrels Billegetimate may buy smaller ones but i want to finish this ones.

i posted a picture i dont dont if you can see it roush wich one would be the correct way.

Got it. Just remember that these things are super cheap, especially mail order. If your goal is accuracy then the larger your dose is relative to the syringe volume the better off you'll be.

Yes, id probably end up ordering some smaller barrels i do IM glutes and quads , but still i dont know which is the correct way to measure do i start from the first line like the left picture or do i consider whats in between the needle and the first line like the right picture.

Before i didn't care if i was doing a little more test so i have been doing like the right picture. but im wondering if i should be doing like the left one.

i use the 1cc bd syringes. the thing to do would be to slightly overfill. .45 cc. then push out to .4cc. provided no air bubbles you get exactly .4cc. but there is no real reason to worry about +/- .05cc.

Do you notice the conical shape of the rubber plunger? That compensates for the volume at the base of the needle.
The volume of liquid inside the needle itself is negligible.

Don't try to compensate, just go by the scale.

Back