Turkey Cutlet

Sassytassie84

Denial is not a river!
I have been around the Armenien culture for the last 10yrs and one of the best recipes I have ever had is the Cutlet which is like little individual meatloafs. SO effin good! But they are usually full of bread crumbs or potato. Yikes!

So I have reconstructed the recipe and it is not far off from the original. It is not exact obviously, but really close and really clean.

1lb Super Lean Ground Turkey Or Turkey Breast.
1 Cup Steel Oats
1 Egg White
Garlic to your liking, I usually put 3 or more cloves (love it!)
3 Green Onion Strands (chopped fine)
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric
Salt and Pepper

Heat enough Olive oil in a pan to fry on Med Heat (don't worry you are going to press the crap out them to get most oil gone)

Now the sticky part... Mix all ingredients together VERY well.

I separate the mixture into about 6-8 flat patties. BUT you cannot do them all at once because they are VERY sticky. I put one in the pan, roll another one-stick it into the pan, roll another and stick it into the pan. I usually do three at a time so the oil does not get cooled from the meat.

You want them to be about 1/4-1/2 in thick when you throw them into the oil. They will rise and that is ok just don't make raw ones over 1/2 in thick or they will take too long and dry out. 3 min on each side until nicely browned and juice in the middle runs clear.

Have a plate with a few paper towels down to throw them on and squeeze the oil out by pressing down (not until they explode, just firmly until there is no more oil). open paper towel and salt quickly.

Repeat steps until all the meat is done.

Super quick and easy. My son helps me mix them and eats them like crazy!

Best to eat when really hot.

Enjoy!

Back