UFC 61 Bitter Rivals Tonight on PPV

doublewiz

Community Veteran, Admin at IronLife.com
UFC 61 Bitter Rivals Preview
by Matt Friezo , Team IronLife.com Staff Writer

main.jpg

It's that time again and we have 2 big rematches...And bedside’s those to big fights we also have a pretty stacked card. Alot of people and Fans of the sport have been waiting to see how this UFC will play out.. Sylvia and Arlovski are both One and One for their fights. This is to show who the real deal is.. This is a Big fight. and Also Ortiz Vs Shamrock No matter what it going to be a war Because as we all Know.. These Two do not like one another.. So Get ready To read the Preview For UFC 62 Bitter Rivals and enjoy. From Me to all of you =)

To read more please click here.

UFC 61 - Bitter Rivals Results
7/8/2006 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

UFC Heavyweight Championship Title
- Tim Sylvia defeated Andrei Arlovski by unanimous decision, to retain the title.

- Josh Burkman defeated Josh Neer by unanimous decision.
- Tito Ortiz defeated Ken Shamrock by TKO (strikes) at 1:18 in round 1.
- Frank Mir defeated Dan Christison by unanimous decision.
- Joe Stevenson defeated Yves Edwards by TKO (cuts) in round 2.
- Hermes Franca defeated Joe Jordan by submission (triangle choke) at 0:47 in round 3.
- Jeff Monson defeated Anthony Perosh by TKO (strikes) at 2:42 in round 1.
- Cheick Kongo defeated Gilbert Aldana by TKO (cut) at 4:13 in round 1.
- Drew Fickett defeated Kurt Pellegrino by submission (rear naked choke) at 1:20 in round 3.

taxingted said:
The Silvia Arlovski fight was god awful. Most boring fight of the evening.

Boring but the better fighter won, and everyone saw that. I am happy for Silvia, he deserves that title.

Golgo13 said:
Boring but the better fighter won, and everyone saw that. I am happy for Silvia, he deserves that title.

i think they are both afraid of eachother

Neither of them deserve a title of any kind. The ufc hw division is wretched. The only thing that made that ppv worth watching for me was the announcement that in november Chuck Liddell will be executed at the hands of Wanderlei Silva.

Back