UFC Event In Works for July 19

I don't understand how someone can say that the affliction card is bad. Barnett(Former UFC Champ, Alexander (Stud, Fedor actually said if they fought he thinks that he would lose), Fedor (Greatest HW ever, argueabbly the best fighter ever). And those are just the headliners, that card is stacked. Thiss MMA forum doesn't have a lot of posters and we all have slightly different views sometimes, but CaptainAwesome, your shit really comes from left field sometimes. A 14 kid with downsyndrome could tell that this card is fucking sweet. You said that Rampage and Hendo sucked last week and now this. What's next, wait let me guess... " I think all boxers would kill all MMA guys."

I don't understand how someone can say that the affliction card is bad. Barnett(Former UFC Champ, Alexander (Stud, Fedor actually said if they fought he thinks that he would lose), Fedor (Greatest HW ever, argueabbly the best fighter ever). And those are just the headliners, that card is stacked. Thiss MMA forum doesn't have a lot of posters and we all have slightly different views sometimes, but CaptainAwesome, your shit really comes from left field sometimes. A 14 kid with downsyndrome could tell that this card is fucking sweet. You said that Rampage and Hendo sucked last week and now this. What's next, wait let me guess... " I think all boxers would kill all MMA guys."

1. its heavyweights.
2. its tim sylvia
3. barnett was a ufc champ what 6 years ago? fucking ufc reject today?
4. nice of fedor to say that about his brother.

this card wont be entertaining. its probably a good effort of affliction to put something decent together. however, its still fedor and a bunch of ufc rejects. fine with nothing else on but with a free ufc event with entertaining fighters that didnt peak 10 years ago, im going ufc.

Fedor Emelianenko (#1 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Tim Sylvia (#5 Heavyweight in the World)*
-Josh Barnett (#4 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Pedro Rizzo
-Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Negao
-Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead
-Ben Rothwell vs. Andre Arlovski

Unfuckingbelievable, card. Plus Vitor Belfort and Terry Martin on the undercard. Plz chime in with a simple DOPE CARD if you agree. And for the record I love the UFC and hate Dana White, but a badass card is a badass card. I'll watch both, DVR bitches.

how do you look at that card and not see a bunch of ufc rejects? its nice to see terry martin found work after being kod by leben and beat by marvin eastman.

1. its heavyweights.
2. its tim sylvia
3. barnett was a ufc champ what 6 years ago? fucking ufc reject today?
4. nice of fedor to say that about his brother.

this card wont be entertaining. its probably a good effort of affliction to put something decent together. however, its still fedor and a bunch of ufc rejects. fine with nothing else on but with a free ufc event with entertaining fighters that didnt peak 10 years ago, im going ufc.

Barnett is still ranked in the top 5 in the world, not a reject. His submissions are fucking top notch. He beat Randy.

Rampage is the UFC champ and Matt Lindland lost a very close decision match to him 2 years ago.

Babalu has beaten Forrest Griffin who is a UFC main eventer next month and was a challenger for the LHW belt twice in the UFC. Getting knocked out by Chuck doesn't make you a reject.

Terry Martin is on the undercard. James Irvin is in the main event. Terry Martin was absolutely killing Irvin when they fought before he got caught with that flying knee in the 3rd. It was like Josh Koscheck getting knocked out my Drew Fickett with 10 seconds left, after dominating him for 3rds.

Arlovski was the UFC champ as well.

I was always very neutral in the Pride vs. UFC arguments, with a slight lean towards the UFC. A good fight is a good fight. Dream had Jacare and Jason Miller fight the other night and it was fucking awesome. EliteXC's card licked my nuts, but the Scott Smith/Robbie Lawler fight was awesome until the gay stoppage. I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong.... but your the only man on earth that thinks this card sucks.

I just don't see your argument....?

1. i dont pay to watch heavyweights fight period. i dont care how high they are ranked. a heavyweight fight in the ufc isnt usually entertaining either. thats why everyone booed sylvia when he was in the ufc. now people are pretending him in the main event is so wonderful. those same people booed him in the ufc.

2. barnett also lost to cro cop 3 times and cro cop sucks. affliction grabbed up ufc rejects. that doesnt mean it cant be entertaining, you dont need the best to be entertaining (and these people are definitely not the best). however, i think this card is going to be boring.

watch it and let us know. im going to be watching the ufc. ill take anderson silva vs anybody over tim sylvia vs anybody.

I'm not a Leben,Eastman, or Martin fan. But IMO they all have good hands. Leben has one of the best chins in the biz. He fought Mike Swick and Swick hit him with every fucking thing including the kitchen sink and he kept coming. And Martin was winning that fight when Leben knocked him out while he was swinging wildly on his way down. As for the Eastman fight, I didn't see it. I'm not gonna argue and defend the undercard anymore when the Main Events are worth the price alone.

one thing is for sure, just because someone isn't in the UFC doesn't make them a reject. Robbie Lawler is a phenominal striker and excellent fighter, yet due to injuries and other things he's no longer in the UFC.. he's still young and is now back on top of his game.

Barnett is still ranked in the top 5 in the world, not a reject. His submissions are fucking top notch. He beat Randy.

Rampage is the UFC champ and Matt Lindland lost a very close decision match to him 2 years ago.

Babalu has beaten Forrest Griffin who is a UFC main eventer next month and was a challenger for the LHW belt twice in the UFC. Getting knocked out by Chuck doesn't make you a reject.

Terry Martin is on the undercard. James Irvin is in the main event. Terry Martin was absolutely killing Irvin when they fought before he got caught with that flying knee in the 3rd. It was like Josh Koscheck getting knocked out my Drew Fickett with 10 seconds left, after dominating him for 3rds.

Arlovski was the UFC champ as well.

I was always very neutral in the Pride vs. UFC arguments, with a slight lean towards the UFC. A good fight is a good fight. Dream had Jacare and Jason Miller fight the other night and it was fucking awesome. EliteXC's card licked my nuts, but the Scott Smith/Robbie Lawler fight was awesome until the gay stoppage. I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong.... but your the only man on earth that thinks this card sucks.

I just don't see your argument....?

Fickett choked Koscheck out. Otherwise agree on all points.

A very relevant post I just pulled off of sherdog. Pay attention CA.

So I've read quite a few posts here about how Dana White is a business genius and you're not buying the affliction ppv because u are watching the free ufc event.

Stop for a second and ask yourself... why is the ufc putting on a free event?

Oh yes... to compete with Affliction, to steal some viewers, to lessen their buys and numbers... all perfectly ok and acceptable in a free open market economy.

Dana White or the UFC is not doing anything wrong or shady... but you are.

You're somehow too dense to know that without exc, affliction and others putting on great events, or event mediocre or crappy events... the ufc has no reason at all to give away free product on spike. In fact, if we don't support the competitors to the ufc, then eventually UFC monopolizes all the big names in the sport, and then they can jack up the ppv cost to whatever the hell they want... because you'll have no other options.

So not buying affliction on july 19, basically means... I'm a tool that doesn't like getting free stuff.

Be a wise consumer... make the competitors compete for your dollars by shopping around... give them an incentive to woo you with better fights, better fighters, better events, and better prices.

If you just bury your ufc loving head in the sand and curse everything else out there... you're only shooting yourself in the proverbial wallet.

I like my money... that's why I'm stoke to see valid cards with top fighters out there that will be competing with the ufc... for me as a fan and a consumer, that's great fricken news.

Again... be a smart consumer... know why the ufc is giving away "free promotional events" in direct competition with a ppv event. It's not about loving or hating the ufc or affliction... it's about getting better value at a better cost as a consumer.

Personally I like both promotions and cards... and I am watching both... I love that there is competition in the market finally...

these idiots that see buying affliction as some kind of cause are so annoying. if people think affliction is putting on the better show that they are willing to pay for then by all means buy it. im not interested in this silly cause. i will watch the better show for free on spike. it seems like most the pro-affliction card people see this as some kind of battle against dana white. i dont give a shit, and i think its incredibly pathetic that this is how people need to convince others to pay for an event.

I personally think the Affliction card is a better show, as well as an important opportunity to keep dana white from bottlenecking the mma market.

I should also add that in the long run I don't think this particular move by Dana will have much of an effect on the Affliction promotion. This card is packed with so many high profile fighters they must have paid out a small fortuine in purses. Most promotions don't expect to make a ton of money on their inaugural event.

Also, I am in no way advocating watching Affliction and not watching the UFC. It's free on TV for fucks sakes.

MOM, It was a RNC that Fickett caught Kos in... kinda. He was knocked the fuck out when fickett threw it on. A technicallity... lol.

P.S. Captain America is obviously Dana White's sex slave.

MOM, It was a RNC that Fickett caught Kos in... kinda. He was knocked the fuck out when fickett threw it on. A technicallity... lol.

P.S. Captain America is obviously Dana White's sex slave.

enjoy the inferior entertainment. you care way more about dana white as a personality than i do. they should change the name of the event from "banned" to "rejected." i find the tim sylvia thing the funniest. im happy for the guy, went from getting booed to finding a place where poor entertainment is applauded. well, at least before the event. once he puts on another snoozefest he will get boos there also.

Here's the thing about Sylvia. Everyone is excited to see their favorite fighter (Fedor) destroy one of their most hated fighters (Sylvia), and the icing in the cake is that Sylvia is highly ranked.

The affliction card rules. Captainawesome by your logic everyone who loses in ufc is a reject?? Does that mean that Wanderlei Silva sucks ass because he lost to crocop? (that you say sucks ass) All fighters lose. Not to mention Rampage that came straight out of Pride and kicked ass in UFC? even though he got his ass handed to him twice by Wanderlei in Pride, Would u say that rampage is a reject aswell? All fighters lose. and saying that UFC holds the greatest fighters in the whole world is a joke. wake up and get your nose out of Dana whites ass. Truth is Dana White cripples the sport. Only good with competition.

Back