UFC New Year's Eve

Fyre

If you've got nothing planned for New Year's Eve, it looks like it would be a great special to watch.

Article:

ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP TO PRESENT ANNUAL BASH: ‘ULTIMATE NEW YEAR’S EVE’ ON PAY-PER-VIEW, DEC. 31

Six-Hour Show To Feature Best Bouts, Top Fighters During UFC’s 10-Year History

LAS VEGAS, NEV., December 16, 2003…. For the ninth consecutive year, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will bring viewers the ultimate pay-per-view event on the ultimate night of the year: Ultimate New Year’s Eve. This annual six-hour fight show will feature the very best action and top mixed martial arts fighters of the last 10 years on pay-per-view starting at 10 p.m. EST, Wednesday, December 31.

Ultimate New Year’s Eve will be available on iNDemand, DirecTV, Dish Network, Bell ExpressVu, Echostar, TVN and Viewer’s Choice Canada for the suggested retail price of $24.95. An encore performance will begin immediately after the telecast.

This classic show will provide a memorable trip through 10 years of UFC history and will include fights from UFC 1: The Beginning, held in November 1993, up to UFC 44: Undisputed, September 26, where a packed house at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas saw 40-year-old Randy Couture continue his legendary career by defeating Tito Ortiz for the light heavyweight championship. Fight highlights from 2003 alone will include “New York Bad Ass” Phil Baroni’s war with U.S. Olympic Wrestling Silver Medalist Matt Lindland; Welterweight Champion Matt Hughes’ successful title defense against Sean Sherk, and both of Light Heavyweight Champion Couture’s title winners over Chuck Liddell for the interim belt and Ortiz for the undisputed championship.

UFC legends like Ken Shamrock, Bas Rutten, Don Frye, Tank Abbott, Dan Severn, Oleg Taktarov and Royce Gracie also are featured. Top mixed martial artists such as Ortiz, Vitor Belfort, Liddell, Pat Miletich, Carlos Newton, Mark Kerr and Dave Menne all make their way once again to the Octagon in these vivid highlights.

Cheers,
Fyre:p

Vitor Ennnergy said:
Unfortunately the best NHB fighter in the world , Vanderlei Silva ( Brazil ) will not be in this event.

One reason would be that he's not with UFC. :D
Yah, I'll be missing him on the Pride New Year's Eve bash!:(

Didn't Wanderlei fight in the UFC?

I'm not really all huge on the MMA scene, ask me anything about standup for sure lol

but i am sure i saw him fight with tito in the octagon

Yes he has fought in the UFC, but not nearly as succesful as he has been in Pride. Does not make sense becuz Pride has better fighters.

HAHA that is funny stuff, I was at my bros house (popichulo) and I made that comment but I must had accidently logged on as babygirl. OOPS!!! yes that is her pic in her avatar though

My Instructor and one of the fighters I train with met Wanderlei and stayed in the hotel room next to him in Brasil when Simon, Our best fighter fought for the World Kickboxing Title :D

Babygirl said:
Yes he has fought in the UFC, but not nearly as succesful as he has been in Pride. Does not make sense becuz Pride has better fighters.

I know it's odd that he was not as successful in the UFC as he is in Pride.
I'd like to see another match with Vitor and Wanderlei!

Back