UFC...Who's on roids??!!!

AS testing in pro-sports is ruining lives not AS

I could careless if pro-athletes use

I think we fans should have a voice in this AS controversy. im sure it'd be an unanimous

WE DONT GIVE A FUCK

If they all use, then there is a level playing field. I'm sure most of them do, but if they could use without fear of tests it would be better. As long as they make weight let them fight.

Big Dane said:
If they all use, then there is a level playing field. I'm sure most of them do, but if they could use without fear of tests it would be better. As long as they make weight let them fight.

(Pride FC)

Yep, and its a bummer when a guy goes from pride to ufc and gets his ass kicked because he is probably not on anything anymore. Let 'em all use whatever they want and kill each other.

I knew this guy on a math league once. He had veins on his head, you know juice veins, a dead give away, and was really smart. More smarter than me. No way he could be naturally smarter than me. Definite juicer.

Honestly who cares. What's better than watching two idiots beat each others asses. Watching two idiots with too much testosterone beat each others assess.

GSP not on anything I don't think so.

If they all juiced that would make it an even playing field like the one guy said.

dont care if they are on or off .. but what about EPO

Many expert doctors and trainers agree that steroids can actually be of hindrance in sports like MMA where stamina comes into play even more than sheer size and strength do. Any major weight gain, even if it is muscle, in such a short amount of time will have a negative effect on a fighter’s stamina as the fight drags on.

Now it’s true that a few steroids out there can create a positive effect on one’s endurance such as Equipoise. But how often do you see fighters getting caught using Equipoise? When someone fails a test before or after a fight, it’s often for something like Stanozolol or Nandrolone. And in a lot of cases, fighters will use drugs like these to help them recover from an injury.

All of his brings me to wonder why steroids are so persecuted in the sport of mixed martial arts fighting when there are other drugs being used that may give the fighters an even bigger competitive advantage than do roids. Drugs that artificially enhance one’s endurance so much that it allows them to fight longer and way harder than would normally be possible.

One drug specifically that I can think of that would give an MMA competitor this sizeable advantage is EPO (erythroproietin). This drug, which has been utilized by professional cyclists for years, was a staple among fighters in the aforementioned Pride Fighting. It acts as a growth agent to stimulate the production of red blood cells and more red blood cells means more endurance.

What’s interesting about EPO is that it occurs naturally within the body but the drug version of it seeks to make the kidneys turn up the level of RBC produced. But even more interesting than all of this is that the UFC fighters don’t get tested for it. So that means that its use can go unchecked and is a major reason you won’t hear about it on the news. Except for in cycling, there’s no scandal to be exposed here and the subject isn’t shocking enough for the media.

Now you’ll hear of some UFC stars like B.J. Penn and Joe Lauzon using the “sleep chamber” which is a bed that simulates being at a high-altitude. And this subsequently raises one’s RBC count as reduced air pressure increases red blood cell production. But why go to all of this trouble when you can simply use EPO? And I’m sure that many MMA athletes do take the much easier route.

this is from elite , also

Another major competitive advantage for fighters can be gained by using sleep inertia drugs such as amphetamines. The thing amphetamines would do for a fighter is stimulate their nervous system which, in turn, erases thoughts of fatigue, increases their heart rate, and rapidly raises their energy levels.

Drugs like Ritalin, Benzedrine, and Dextroamphetamine are common amphetamines and would be a huge advantage to any UFC fighter. This is tested for in MMA but it usually leaves your system in less than three days. And again, you don’t hear about major news outlets reporting fighters getting busted for using these drugs.

So what’s the bias against steroids? In my opinion, it stems from the fact that so many other pro sports organizations have demonized them that it wasn’t long before the sport of mixed martial arts followed suit. And since steroids are illegal in the United States and UFC events take place here, it’s only obvious that they cave into the pressures of the state.

On top of this, the media is to blame as well since reporting about a major athlete testing positive for steroids always seems to draw a top headline. On the other hand, Amphetamines and EPO usage among athletes just isn’t a hot enough bandwagon topic to jump on for the media.

And if you disagree with all of this, just look at the differences in how the steroids issue is handled in the US and its major MMA organization, the UFC, versus Japan and its formerly popular PRIDE Fighting Championships.

In the US steroids are banned from pro sports, the media chastises roids and juicers, and it’s argued that MMA fighters gain competitive advantages using them. Contrast that with Japan where steroids are not tested for in sports, the media does not think that roids will prove to be the undoing of the world, and many Japanese people don’t argue that juicers have a huge upper hand in MMA.

The former president and CEO of PRIDE, Nobuyuki Sakakibara, shined some light on this by saying, “We don't test for steroids or we don't have a third party to test for steroids. But we don't think that always the steroid user has an advantage over a fighter who's not using steroids. And we don't know who is using steroids and who is not using steroids. But we don't know if always the steroid users are winning over the non-steroid users.”

Regarding the situation in Japan with steroid testing in sports, he added, “We are not opposing American regulations and requirements of steroid testing. But in Japan there's no such thing. We are not required to test steroids for any fighter or any sports whatsoever. So we don't need, so we don't do. If we come to the U.S. and of course we have to follow their rules and regulations. If we have to do, we have to do.”

This just shows the differences in culture at work. Steroids weren’t such a big deal in Japanese MMA but they have become a huge deal in American MMA due to the media and rigid laws in the US. And it’s obvious by the lack of reporting on EPO and amphetamine usage that there definitely is some sort of bias against steroids.

And to the guy that knows GSP prove it.LMFAO
All the hangers on and bullshiiters this is where you belong...the internet.....bring him here if you ar buddies with him
lmao

no one on this site or that have a buddy that thinks they can beat a ufc fighter ......lol ya ok , gsp is deff not on roids thats what happenens when u train 24/7 and put your life into it. they do get tested in the ufc and after sean sherk it will be for sure

no one on this site or that have a buddy that thinks they can beat a ufc fighter ......lol ya ok , gsp is deff not on roids thats what happenens when u train 24/7 and put your life into it. they do get tested in the ufc and after sean sherk it will be for sure
:laugh3:

GSP is on the gear. he had gained a lot of LBM compared to his previous fight. I am a huge fan of GSP but to say he is not on any gear is naive.

AS testing in pro-sports is ruining lives not AS

I could careless if pro-athletes use

I think we fans should have a voice in this AS controversy. im sure it'd be an unanimous

WE DONT GIVE A FUCK

you only say that because you use. I bet the majority of sports watchers would be against it.

You have to remember, UFC guys are only subject to a "possible" test at the time of the fight.. they are not yet tested ramdomly throughout the year so it only makes sense that alot of them use "banned" (fast acting) substances during their training or time between fights.. I'm also sure that those who don't use aas, are most likely on GH. Even elite/naturals like Penn and GSP are probably on GH throughout the year.

Even elite/naturals like Penn and GSP are probably on GH throughout the year.

any particular reason why you are referring to penn & gsp as a separate group of elite/naturals?

oh, i get it, you are saying they are unique in being so naturally talented. im not a big believer in that concept. im sure they use just as much as anyone.

any particular reason why you are referring to penn & gsp as a separate group of elite/naturals?

oh, i get it, you are saying they are unique in being so naturally talented. im not a big believer in that concept. im sure they use just as much as anyone.

They use just as much. However they are naturally gifted in what they do which make them dominate their weightclasses. Juice dont do it all for you.

Back