UFC48 (official card)

Fyre

UFC 48 card (Official)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFC 48: Payback

June 19, 2004
Mandalay Bay Events Center
Las Vegas, Nevada

The UFC made an announcement that Lee Murray will not be fighting at UFC 48 due to problems securing a visa (not the credit card) to get into the United Sates so his replacement will be KickDown Classic veteran Trevor Prangley. Also, the UFC announced that Jason Miller will not be participating in UFC 48 and his replacement will be Ring of Combat veteran Jay Hieron.

Line-up (records from the UFC) - Not in fight order:

Fight 1 - Heavyweight Bout
Ken Shamrock (25-8-2) vs. Kimo (10-3-1)

Fight 2 - Heavyweight Title Bout
Tim Sylvia (18-0) vs. Frank Mir (7-1)

Fight 3 - Middleweight Bout
Phil Baroni (6-3-0) vs. Evan Tanner (30-4-0)

Fight 4 - Middleweight Bout
Curtis Stout (7-3-1) vs. Trevor Prangley (7-1) - Prangley replace Lee Murray

Fight 5 - Welterweight Bout
Matt Hughes (36-4) vs. Renato Verissimo (6-0-0)

Fight 6 - Welterweight Bout
Georges St. Pierre (6-0) vs. Jay Hieron (4-0) - Hieron replace Jason Miller

Fight 7 - Welterweight Bout
Dennis Hallman (51-8-2) vs. Frank Trigg (9-2)

Fight 8 - Lightweight Bout
Matt Serra (12-3) vs. Ivan Menjivar (13-2)

Cheers,
Fyre

I cant wait for this damn fight . There are alot of good fights on this card. I wish vitor was fighting, his sisters mishap is a damn shame !

I was not eager to see this card at first especailly due to the main event, but the card has come along nicley

what's the main event on this card? Kimo vs. Shamrock? A bunch of washed up has beens. This card needs a good rampage or liddell or couture fight.

bob marley said:
what's the main event on this card? Kimo vs. Shamrock? A bunch of washed up has beens. This card needs a good rampage or liddell or couture fight.

I could care less about that fight to be honest with you. I would like however to see Kimo beat Ken.
I was surprised to not see either liddell or couture or vitor on this card. I guess they're saving them for UFC49. I would also like to see Arlovski take on Sylvia. :)

Fyre said:
I could care less about that fight to be honest with you. I would like however to see Kimo beat Ken.
I was surprised to not see either liddell or couture or vitor on this card. I guess they're saving them for UFC49. I would also like to see Arlovski take on Sylvia. :)

If Sylvia is truly clean and hasn't some how cheated and passed a steroid test, then Arlovski will eat him up.

Back