Up Close & Personal With Skip From TeamSkip by Lacey Sachet

doublewiz

Community Veteran, Admin at IronLife.com
Up Close & Personal With Skip From TeamSkip
by Lacey Sachet, Team IronLife.com Staff Writer & Admin @ www.ProActiveHealthNet.com

gym1.JPG

When you throw interview questions at someone, you can only hope they don't get uptight with their responses because then their true personality gets crushed. During some point in our interview, I asked SKIP what his future aspirations were and what was on his horizon personally and professionally. Judging by his response, it was quite obvious he was his funny, relaxed self and anyone reading this is going to have a clear idea of the guy inside all that muscle.

Anyway, SKIP replied, "Personally, I want to have more kids but.... my wife says it will be with someone else. That is discouraging because .... I really love her. Seriously, my personal goals are to continue to make a good living in the sport that I love and be able to continue to spend a ton of time with my kids, at home. I doubt I will ever compete again but.... never say never. ; ) As for career goals, most might scoff at this but I have chased the dollar before and .... for every one that I would catch I found myself never satisfied. So.... I stopped chasing them. That is when I started really enjoying my life - my wife, my kids and.... myself, quite frankly. I need money like everyone else does but I don't need a ton of it to consider myself successful. I don't need a ton of clients to consider myself successful and I don't need to win shows to consider myself successful. I work on 3 main things in this order:

1. Being a better father
2. Being a better husband
3. Being a better prep guy

I hear I am good at all three but... you can always be better, right?"

To read more of this interview, please click here.

No its not the same skip - His real name is Ken, just uses skip on the boards.

Big bump for a friend and a real nice guy.

Back