using insulin by iteslf for muscle gains

Let me guess, you read that insulin is the most "anabolic hormone" there is, realized you can get it OTC - and BAM! Gains!

Right?

Insulin somehow got that title just because of what it does. It's a key that opens the locks on cells to let nutrients in. Without this, anabolism isn't nearly as effective (not impossible though), and a great deal of precious nutrients head off to the garbage bin, aka the liver/kidneys for disposal.

Here's the problem; insulin doesn't care what your goals are, nor does it care if it's happily feeding your fat cells instead of muscle. It has a job to do, and it isn't discriminatory in the least. This can be a bad thing as I'm sure you can imagine.

Now onto why bodybuilders use insulin. When your body requires 10000 calories plus per day to grow, and you're on a significant amount of hormones promoting anabolism, insulin helps to ensure that the maximum amount of calories possible are being utilized.

im not a newb to insulin I just don't have the money to run gear right now so im curious to see peoples results with insulin alone. also I didn't ask how insulin works I was asking about peoples results while using it.

Last edited:
im not a newb to insulin I just don't have the money to run gear right now so im curious to see peoples results with insulin alone. also I didn't ask how insulin works I was asking about peoples results while using it.

Okay.

Insulin by itself will make you fat. If you can't afford to do it right, don't do it at all. This is coming from an insulin-dependent diabetic.

Insulin alone!!!!!! Bahahahaha oh my fucken god what the fuck????? OK I'm getting carried away

Unless you're an extreme ecto (which usually just means under-eater) HW is bang on...you'll just get fat by adding exo slin without at least GH if not GH & anabolics.

You can manipulate your natural insulin levels (to an extent) to your benefit with OTC supplements, nutrient/meal timing etc...if you really want to do something I would suggest researching that.

for the last time I am asking for peoples experiences with slin only, not everyones opinion how I should or shouldn't run slin.

thanks for the advice but im not interested in any nutrient partitioners I just wanna see if anyones had atleast decent gains in lbm while using insulin alone.

for the last time I am asking for peoples experiences with slin only, not everyones opinion how I should or shouldn't run slin.
Slin aline is the stupidest idea ever you say your bot new to it then you should no better. And not only that always use it with hgh..... by the way who can't afford a bottle of test??

theres a lot more cost that goes into a cycle then just buying the actual test. it would cost me over 200 dollars and I get insulin for free. ive used it before on cycle and im just wondering what insulin would be like ran by itself. I don't understand your logic when you say this is stupid because ive heard of plenty of people doing a slin only cycle.

There is a very very small % of people that would be able to use a slin only cycle to their benefit. For the vast majority it would not be worth it and in addition to the small amount of muscle you might gain you would gain much more fat than muscle.
I tried this years ago and found it not to be worthwhile at all. In fact even trying to cut my carb intake as close as possible (which is dangerous) I still gained more fat than I ever intended and very little muscle.

Yes for the rest of the world not me my follicle receptors are adapted and they replenish themselves with neurons

My experiences go hand in hand with Jimi's.
I've used it during bulking and cutting and found it to be useless when bulking and slightly useful when cutting.

On a bulk, like Jimi, it simply lead to more fat gain and not enough LBM to make up for it.
On a cut it did help me preserve more muscle BUT it also seemed to slow down my fat loss unless I dropped carbs pretty drastically, which I don't recommend doing. I ended up only using it on high carb/refeed days for the partitioning effects, which were much more pronounced than my bulk run with it for reasons I wont go into.

IME if your muscle/fat gain ratio while bulking is naturally good and your muscle/fat loss ratio is naturally bad - then insulin can work wonders. Otherwise its not worth it.

maybe you guys aren't very insulin sensitive? that may have been where the fat gain came from. thank you for the information though it was very informative and ill be sure to keep that advice in mind.

maybe you guys aren't very insulin sensitive? that may have been where the fat gain came from. thank you for the information though it was very informative and ill be sure to keep that advice in mind.

Insulin sensitivity naturally improves when cutting, which is why I suspect it worked wonders for me on the high carb days.

This is also why I mentioned the muscle/fat gain ratio - if you gain minimal fat when bulky natty then your insulin sensitivity is good and insulin may be worth something.
But even here your going to need to use very, very high doses (30iu+) - insulin simply isn't anabolic by itself otherwise all diabetics would be jacked :)

For more info here's a post I wrote a while ago about a review posted showing that it simply isn't anabolic by itself (only anti-catabolic):
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/674832-rippedzilla-s-thread-knowledge-3.html#post3620952

Last edited:
Back