Var question

Gymrat28

I'm planning on adding Anavar (var) to the end of this cycle. The cycle is like this.
1-4 50mg d-Bol
1-14 650 test.
My question is if I add 4 weeks of Anavar (var) should I run it to the edge of post cycle therapy (pct) like weeks 12-16 or should it be 10-14 two weeks off then post cycle therapy (pct)? I'm on the start of week 4, and almost done with dbol.

Hell Id run it right up to post cycle therapy (pct). Especially if you were running Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) right up to post cycle therapy (pct) as well.
You using an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) on cycle ?

Eh I'd run it 6 weeks and stop with the t. Anavar (var) can kill libido worse than most AAS regardless of what people think. Look at the med journals and the studies on it.

Id run it 6 weeks too ...right up to post cycle therapy (pct). Anavar (var) will increase sex drive ..its a dht based roid and it reduces shbg ....

That's fine. I like 60-80mg but 50 works just fine and so will 4 weeks. I love real Anavar (var) , never tried theirs but I've ran it at 40 and had some good strength, but it was from a compounding pharmacy. But I run Anavar (var) for 8-12 weeks at a time, or the majority of the cycle.

Some guys run it up to post cycle therapy (pct) because they say its mild. It is in terms of sides, liver toxicity etc but its still tough on HPTA.

Eh I'd run it 6 weeks and stop with the t. Anavar (var) can kill libido worse than most AAS regardless of what people think. Look at the med journals and the studies on it.

I agree, lots of reports of libido loss on it, I don't know where he is coming up with the lowered SHBG thing, but its the first ive heard of it lol

even if it does, lowering SHBG is not important on a cycle.

I agree, lots of reports of libido loss on it, I don't know where he is coming up with the lowered SHBG thing, but its the first ive heard of it lol

No but it often is for sex drive:
Read and learn:

Anavar Effects on HPTA

Univerrsity ofn
California-San Francisco, and Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA. grunfld@itsa.ucsf.edu

OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the efficacy and safety of oxandrolone in promoting body weight and body cell mass (BCM) gain in HIV-associated weight loss.

METHODS: Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Two hundred sixty-two HIV-infected men with documented 10% to 20% weight loss or body mass index < or =20 kg/m were randomized to placebo or to 20, 40, or 80 mg of oxandrolone daily. After 12 weeks, subjects were allowed to receive open-label oxandrolone at a dose of 20 mg for another 12 weeks.

RESULTS: Body weight increased in all groups, including the group receiving placebo, during the double-blind phase (1.1 +/- 2.7, 1.8 +/- 3.9, 2.8 +/- 3.3, and 2.3 +/- 2.9 kg in placebo and 20-, 40-, and 80-mg oxandrolone groups, respectively; all P < 0.014 vs. baseline). BCM increased from baseline in all groups (0.45 +/- 1.7, 0.91 +/- 2.2, 1.5 +/- 2.5, and 1.8 +/- 1.8 kg in placebo and 20-, 40-, and 80-mg oxandrolone groups, respectively). At 12 weeks, only the gain in weight at the 40-mg dose of oxandrolone and the gain in BCM at the 40- and 80-mg doses of oxandrolone were greater than those in the placebo group, however.Oxandrolone treatment was associated with significant suppression of sex hormone-binding globulin, luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, and total and free testosterone levels. Treatment was generally well tolerated but accompanied by significant increases in transaminases and low-density lipoprotein as well as decreases in high-density lipoprotein.

CONCLUSION: Oxandrolone administration is effective in promoting dose-dependent gains in body weight and BCM in HIV-infected men with weight loss.
n:

There is no reason to low SHBG on a cycle Jimi, im not getting into another pissing match.

Androgens have been proven to lower SHBG, so when someone is taking testosterone, there SHBG is already low in comparison to TT. This has been proven a 100 times, this is why testosterone is the treatment of choice for men with a low free roaming testosterone level, even when there TT is in range.

On top of that your study doesn't tell us much, it is widely accepted that suppression of testosterone will lower SHBG.

So my question to you is, did the Anavar (var) lower SHBG? or did the suppression lower it?

Estrogens increase SHBG and Androgens lower it, so again high SHBG is not a problem for men on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), let alone those on cycle, low SHBG actually is the problem when on androgens.

PS you did notice it lowered free T right? just another example of why it was suppression and not a direct effect on SHBG.

You know it really helps to understand the endocrine system when trying to interpret these studies, and there usefulness to us.

again high SHBG is almost NEVER a problem when on androgens.

Last edited:
Androgens have been proven to lower SHBG, so when someone is taking testosterone, there SHBG is already low in comparison to TT. This has been proven a 100 times, this is why testosterone is the treatment of choice for men with a low free roaming testosterone level, even when there TT is in range. am well aware

On top of that your study doesn't tell us much, it is widely accepted that suppression of testosterone will lower SHBG.

So my question to you is, did the Anavar (var) lower SHBG? or did the suppression lower it?

Estrogens increase SHBG and Androgens lower it, so again high SHBG is not a problem for men on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), let alone those on cycle, low SHBG actually is the problem when on androgens.

PS you did notice it lowered free T right? just another example of why it was suppression and not a direct effect on SHBG.Hey can I get one of those crystal balls you have - because the is no way in hell you know this for a fact. Perhaps , like most dht based steroids , the Anavar (var) in fct does lower shbg

You know it really helps to understand the endocrine system when trying to interpret these studies, and there usefulness to us. Stick around - ill teach you

again high SHBG is almost NEVER a problem when on androgens.

Your last statement is once again ridiculous. Get shbg too high , or too low , for whatever reason ..and it is a problem. A big problem. In fact ive read several posts you hav made that say that exact thing. Do I need to cut and paste them here to really expose that you are simply trying to argue rather that portray the truth?

Last edited:
Your last statement is once again ridiculous. Get shbg too high , or too low , for whatever reason ..and it is a problem. A big problem. In fact ive read several posts you hav made that say that exact thing. Do I need to cut and paste them here to really expose that you are simply trying to argue rather that portray the truth?

Please cut and paste, I know exactly what I said.

SHBG will not be high on testosterone.................. period, if it is you most likely have a serious medical condition, its called androgen insensitivity.

im not saying I don't like var, but taking it to lower SHBG is stupid, wether your on testosterone or not.

Please cut and paste, I know exactly what I said.

SHBG will not be high on testosterone.................. period, if it is you most likely have a serious medical condition, its called androgen insensitivity.

im not saying I don't like Anavar (var) , but taking it to lower SHBG is stupid, wether your on testosterone or not.

#1 - No one said to take it for that purpose - i just pointed out the effect.
#2 - if estrogen is out of control or t/e rtio out of balance shbg could be high while taking testosterone - your wrong. Is it rare yes. Is it preventable - easily. Is it impossible - no way.

This is again so stupid. I point out Anavar (var) lowers shbg ...you say no it doesnt. I prove it does..you tap dance and BS, change the basis for your argument and say uh so what.
Just Knock it off. Stop coming at me- especially when you are wrong. I will do this to you every time. I said it lower shbg - you said it doesnt. I provided a study proving it does. shbg can have an impact on libido and sex drive - which is why most find Anavar (var) increases libido - just like many dht based steroids do. Oh and if you are going to debate me - stop the crystal ball BS statement like you made in your interpretation of the study and why shbg was lowered. That crap wont fly. Its right up there with quoting refrences that say "proloactin inhibitors prevent prgesterone gyno" -just like you used yesterday. Its a joke.

get your facts straight please- and just because someone has high E does not mean that have high SHBG, possible yes, but why wouldn't you just use an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) in that case? It will also lower SHBGas well. <---- that goes back to that whole understanding the endocrine system thing.

you also proved nothing, I already pointed out the most likely reason that SHBG was reduced in your study.

I find it laughable that you post a study, showing a decrease in SHBG, to improve free roaming testosterone, yet the same study showed it also lowered free roaming testosterone

1333162971286.gif

Im outta here bro, have fun!

Last edited:
get your facts straight please- and just because someone has high E does not mean that have high SHBG, Never said thatpossible yes, said this but why wouldn't you just use an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) in that case? Who was talking about ai's ? Of curse you would It will also lower SHBGas well. <---- that goes back to that whole understanding the endocrine system thing. Which aprently I understand much better than you do

you also proved nothing, I already pointed out the most likely reason that SHBG was reduced in your study. sSo its uncommon for dht based roids to illicit this efect LMAO - righhtttttt

I find it laughable that you post a study, showing a decrease in SHBG, to improve free roaming testosterone, yet the same study showed it also lowered free roaming testosterone Laughable is you , trying to argue , and falling flat on your face doing so

Im outta here bro, have fun! One could only wish

You try to act and sound so..... .hmmm intelligent...yet your so ..hmmmm not.
Do people here actually buy into the BS you spout off ? I mean based on the last thread a lot of people dont - which is a good thing. You try to argue - your proven wrong ..then you try to baffle people with BS and tap dance out of that fact that ..well your wrong. LOL its comical.

Listen man I have tried to explain this to you many times, no matter what you just don't get it. The problem is you just don't understand the HPTA and especially SHBG's role in libido amongst other things. It is a waste of time for me to try and make you understand because you are not willing. I really don't know what else to say, I think you actually believe you understand this stuff, but you just don't man.

J Sex Med. 2008 Jan;5(1):241-7. Epub 2007 Oct 24. Links
Low sex hormone-binding globulin and testosterone levels in association with erectile dysfunction among human immunodeficiency virus-infected men receiving testosterone and oxandrolone.Wasserman P, Segal-Maurer S, Rubin D.
Infectious Disease Division, Department of Medicine--New York Hospital Queens, Flushing, NY, USA. pjw9003@nyp.org

INTRODUCTION: Men with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) wasting and hypogonadism are frequently treated with testosterone and oxandrolone, an orally administered anabolic-androgenic steroid hormone. We observed reductions in testosterone and sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) levels, in association with complaints of erectile dysfunction, after prolonged exposure to this therapeutic regimen. AIM: First description of an association between long-term receipt of oxandrolone with erectile dysfunction, low SHBG and testosterone. METHODS: Case report of three human immunodeficiency virus-infected hypogonadal male patients receiving treatment for wasting syndrome and hypogonadism, and highly active antiretroviral therapy. All three patients received long-term oxandrolone in addition to testosterone replacement therapy. RESULTS: Testosterone and SHBG levels for patients 1, 2, and 3, respectively: total testosterone 183, 71, and 151 ng/dL (260-1,000 ng/dL); free testosterone (not done for patient 3) 58.3 and 26.9 pg/mL (50-210 pg/mL); SHBG 6, 9, and 6 nmol/L (7-50 nmol/L). No other hormonal abnormalities were detected. Following discontinuation of oxandrolone, levels of total testosterone rose, consistent with increase in SHBG. One patient received repeat SHBG assay documenting rise in SHBG level. Patient 2 reported return of libido and early morning erections several weeks after discontinuation of oxandrolone. CONCLUSIONS: Patients had erectile dysfunction in association with low testosterone and SHBG, in spite of exogenous testosterone replacement. Discontinuation of oxandrolone led to the normalization or improvement of testosterone levels in all three patients with symptomatic improvement in one patient. First pass metabolism of orally administered oxandrolone may decrease hepatic synthesis of SHBG, allowing exogenously supplied testosterone to be excreted. Further work is necessary to elucidate the relationship.

for the hundredth time, it is stupid to use things that lower SHBG while on.

I can't even comment on your last post you butchered my words so bad.

In short, so maybe you will get it, lowering SHBG when on testosterone is not wise, you are implying it will increase libido, I am trying to explain that it doesn't.

This whole free roaming testosterone bullshit perpetuated on the boards is a big ass myth, it is not important while on testosterone, so it is not an advantage, it is a disadvantage. I use to think it was a good thing, it has taken me years, looking at 100's of blood test's of men on androgens to realize the it is not.

just FYI, you have not been able to prove me wrong once, yet you claim to do it daily.

if you happen to point out something that I am wrong about, I will be happy to admit it.

Last edited:
Only reason to run Anavar (var) longer is to get the water weight you gained from the dbol off ya lol just a personal preference. I used dbol twice and never went back. #acne

Back