Ventro Shot- pics

Shovel

Community Veteran
One of the best painless spots to put up to 5ml...
(sorry if this arouses some of the gheys here lol)

A06F7619-11FD-4ACF-A84D-75E615A6C968-15323-000012174CC76DEB_zpsa366d858.jpg

C52F11F9-3183-48DF-B0F3-B1CEF9C6A60E-15323-00001217714CCA6D_zpsd7c1c974.jpg

6'0"
237lbs
10-14%bf

What's the method for finding the spot to inject your ventro glute? Everything I found online is for another person to find the spot. The whole area feels like a bone so I am hesitant to stick a needle in there.

You have to have muscle to inject in it Lol
If you can't find the muscle runnin vertical there. Keep squattin

Very few veins or nerves (if any?)there.
I did mine a little higher than that spot. I posted this on another thread:
Basically, stand up, feel the tip of your thigh bone (throcanter?), and the top of your hip bone (iliac crest). Now, switch weight from one leg to the other. The muscle that bulges out between them is the target.
Then stand with weight on the opposite leg, bend your target side knee a little, and that muscle should feel soft and spongy when you poke it. Make sure you're not close to either bone, and bob's your uncle.

Edit: also more towards the front, 1-2:00 in the mirror, 10-11:00 on your body

Last edited:
What's the method for finding the spot to inject your ventro glute? Everything I found online is for another person to find the spot. The whole area feels like a bone so I am hesitant to stick a needle in there.

Yes im having the same exact issue and when i pinned there i was sore for days. I was told to do a lying leg lift on the side and feel that muscle contract and mark it and shoot that spot. Also theres a method of drawing a trainlge with hip and glute. Not sure exactly how it goes so i wont try to explain it.

I've got the spot figured out now.
But when I was pinning there the other day, I thought about how everyone has trouble finding it, cuz 90% of the pictures show someone else locating the spot by putting their hand on the patients hip..

I came up with a brilliant solution!

Take a glove and put it on your hip with the fingers spread like the picture, and mark the spot.

You're welcome.

Shovel, I know you shoot that spot and have no prob but where you are pointing to seems too far forward than the the medical vids I watched on Youtube. Are you a bit forward?

Nice bike too! I just sat on a barnd new fat boy that was like 20K and I almost started to cry thinking I still gotta put a new roof on and build a deck on my house...... guess I gotta keep riding my 25 yr old sportster for another 5 years.

Last edited:
Shovel, I know you shoot that spot and have no prob but where you are pointing to seems too far forward than the the medical vids I watched on Youtube. Are you a bit forward?

Nice bike too! I just sat on a barnd new fat boy that was like 20K and I almost started to cry thinking I still gotta put a new roof on and build a deck on my house...... guess I gotta keep riding my 25 yr old sportster for another 5 years.

He's right in the middle of the Ventroglute. You can flex yours and see where it is. Or try shifting your weight side to side. You can usually feel it then.

There is the option of puting the heel of your hand on your trochanter too to find the location.

Back