Virgin muscles - lumps, crippling pain, high ba? Quad inject - leg is swolen?

gtpimp

Hey guys I just started my third cycle and it has been hell.. First two cycles I pinned glutes only, at the end it was getting tough to pin and i had what I believed to be a sterile abscess from pinning the same site too often. So this time around i decided to go with quads and delts well its been a nightmare.. 1cc Test e 300mg/ml each pin.

Pin 1 - Left outer quad. Ran vial under warm water for a minute used alcohol on rubber and skin. Pinned with 25ga 1" aspirated and went smooth no twitch. The oil was coming out like butter i feel i injected a little too fast.. Worked legs later that day and wasn't too bad.. Woke up next day and couldn't bend my leg. had a small lump didn't look too bad. Had issues walking for 5 days.
Pin 2 - Right delt. same procedure taken. 29g 1/2" slin pin aspirated went real slow took great. Next day was slightly raised, hurt like hell and was hard as a rock. Its been 5 days and its still hard but not raised. Minimal pain.
Pin 3 - Right outer quad. Pinned a little closer to knee cap than left quad. still about 5" above knee cap.. As I pushed the pin in about half way i felt the muscle twitch. Went in the rest of the way aspirated and no blood. Once again a little quick because the oil was coming out very easily. Its been about 55hrs and there is a lump about 3 inches in diameter right below injection site.. Also there is some liquid around my knee cap? The pain is the worst yet. My whole lower thigh is swollen, inner outer and middle all swollen up. I have been icing and heating but I don't think its been helping. It is pretty warm to touch but not burning up, I don't see any redness but there is definitely alot of swelling and my knee is bothering me now as well.. One thing I did different is I massaged the site with a good amount of force right after pinning.. Maybe pushed the oil right out of the muscle? Caused some trauma?

This is my third UG lab and I think it is high in BA because its been the worst pain yet.. Is this common or do i have a problem? If the pain and swelling still persists how long should I wait to take a trip to the doc?

Thanks in advance..

Last edited:
Just sounds like virgin muscles + shaky hands (getting a twitch doesn't help) + working legs the same day as a quad pin = pip from hell. I'd give it a week. Delts are kind of funny for me. When I first started pinning them I had zero pip, but I found that if I don't get directly into one of the muscle groups and more into the interstitial space between them I'd be in for some swelling as the oil had to find a place to call home.

I'd personally give it a few more days before getting worried. Also, try placing your fingertips on your knee then your palm on your hip. The space between those two areas is optimal for quad injects.

My .02c :)

UPDATE- it's now been 65hrs I've been taking Motrin and the pain has gone down alot. I can bend my knee half way now as well. The site is still swollen (raised not a big lump), slightly red and warm to the touch. It is about the size of my palm maybe a little bigger and doesn't feel squishy.. The rest of my quad and knee are still slightly swolen as well.. It doesn't look very good comparing it to the other leg that's for sure..

UPDATE- it's now been 65hrs I've been taking Motrin and the pain has gone down alot. I can bend my knee half way now as well. The site is still swollen (raised not a big lump), slightly red and warm to the touch. It is about the size of my palm maybe a little bigger and doesn't feel squishy.. The rest of my quad and knee are still slightly swolen as well.. It doesn't look very good comparing it to the other leg that's for sure..

I'm curious, did you by chance happen to pin the leg that has the swollen knee more to the side of the vastus lateralis? Picture taking a yard stick from your hip and along that edge. I still think you should keep an eye on it, but not to panic as virgin muscles are a little angry at first.

I swear the first pin is the one that hurts the most, my right delt has been dead all week, but my I've put 3 shots in my left and its not even noticeable.

Ok its been about 78hrs and the swelling is still going down but very slowly. Ive been icing and heating. At this point I believe I pinned too low and rubbed too hard right after pushing the oil right out of the muscle.. I'm going to try to heat and massage the oil back into the muscle tomorrow.. Could this cause any long term damage injecting too quickly then pushing the oil out of the muscle right after? Also its been a week after shooting my virgin delt and I get this funny shooting pain from time to time like someone is poking me with a needle? I really think this gear has high BA too..

Ok its been about 78hrs and the swelling is still going down but very slowly. Ive been icing and heating. At this point I believe I pinned too low and rubbed too hard right after pushing the oil right out of the muscle.. I'm going to try to heat and massage the oil back into the muscle tomorrow.. Could this cause any long term damage injecting too quickly then pushing the oil out of the muscle right after? Also its been a week after shooting my virgin delt and I get this funny shooting pain from time to time like someone is poking me with a needle? I really think this gear has high BA too..
Two things:
1) NEVER use ice on an injection site. You cause the blood vessels to constrict and can possibly cause the hormone to crash while inside you, causing a whole bunch of pain. Heat and hydrotherapy work wonders (hot shower ftw).

2) Don't massage an injection site. You're basically pissing off an area that just experienced trauma. This only aggravates the wound (that's what a needle hole is, technically) and causes more swelling - which causes more heat, which causes more swelling and bloodflow, etc. This is what causes pain.

I seriously doubt you pushed the oil out of your muscle, but more likely have a small layer trapped in the subcutaneous layer of your skin, on top of it. There isn't going to be any permanent damage AFAIK as this will slowly be absorbed over the course of the next week. Not a clue about a sharp pain with your delt, sorry.

Two things:
1) NEVER use ice on an injection site. You cause the blood vessels to constrict and can possibly cause the hormone to crash while inside you, causing a whole bunch of pain. Heat and hydrotherapy work wonders (hot shower ftw).

2) Don't massage an injection site. You're basically pissing off an area that just experienced trauma. This only aggravates the wound (that's what a needle hole is, technically) and causes more swelling - which causes more heat, which causes more swelling and bloodflow, etc. This is what causes pain.

I seriously doubt you pushed the oil out of your muscle, but more likely have a small layer trapped in the subcutaneous layer of your skin, on top of it. There isn't going to be any permanent damage AFAIK as this will slowly be absorbed over the course of the next week. Not a clue about a sharp pain with your delt, sorry.

Thanks man I appreciate the responses so I guess I will just keep heating the hell out of it.. Should I keep cycling my heating pad on and off for 20-30 minute intervals or just leave it on? My knee and middle (top) quad muscle is still swollen along with outer where I injected. I don't understand why basically my whole quad and knee is sore / swollen, why not just the outer muscle that I injected..

Last edited:
Thanks man I appreciate the responses so I guess I will just keep heating the hell out of it.. Should I keep cycling my heating pad on and off for 20-30 minute intervals or just leave it on? My knee and middle (top) quad muscle is still swollen along with outer where I injected. I don't understand why basically my whole quad and knee is sore, why not just the outer muscle that I injected..
The simple answer is that you have nerve endings throughout your leg and that when they detect inflammation, they send an alarm signal to your brain telling you there's pain. If you indeed did inject some oil into your subcutaneous layer, that oil is going to spread out and make contact with these endings. If you start to see any spiderweb-like veins spreading from the injection site, then I would start to worry, but I'm pretty sure that your symptoms will subside as long as you don't keep aggravating the site. I'd try a hot shower and leave it be for a day, see how that feels. You can also pop an ibuprofen to help.

If it doesn't feel better in a week (168 hours as you have been putting it), then I would look a little deeper into this. At least that's what I would do.

My .02c :)

Ok its been 6 days and my leg is actually almost back to normal.. I have a few knots on my quad and the redness is totally gone, it is still very tight though. I can walk pretty normal just have a hard time on stairs.. The swelling is almost all gone too.. My heart rate has increased I can feel it beating pretty hard since this happened.. Maybe anxiety? Is it safe to say I should be ok to pin again? No more quads though that's for sure..

Same exact thing happen to me. The whole area around the knee got swollen and it hurt. It took about 4-5 days for the swelling and my limping to go away....You will be fine.

Ok its been 6 days and my leg is actually almost back to normal.. I have a few knots on my quad and the redness is totally gone, it is still very tight though. I can walk pretty normal just have a hard time on stairs.. The swelling is almost all gone too.. My heart rate has increased I can feel it beating pretty hard since this happened.. Maybe anxiety? Is it safe to say I should be ok to pin again? No more quads though that's for sure..
Yeah, I'd avoid quads for a little while and maybe work them into your next rotation. Anxiety is totally normal especially when thinking about intentionally causing yourself pain. :p I know the first time I struck a nerve in my right quad I hesitated for a good two weeks before pinning there again! Sounds like you're recovering just fine to me. :)

I feel your pain bro, my first pin ever a few days ago and quad is sore as shit. No redness or swelling just painful, i plan on doing my next pin tomorrow, leg day gonna suck.. might postpone leg day from wed to sat if still in pain.

So its been almost three weeks and I still have this strange pain in my quad. I don't know if its nerve damage or what but at random times my quad will start to feel like someone is stabbing me. It would happen at any time, if i was laying in bed or walking etc.. I haven't worked legs since my incident nor have a I pinned quads. Just a recap - I pinned too close to my knee on my outer quad muscle and it was swollen and red for a week (couldnt walk) then went away. Could this be post trauma and still trying to heal? The funny thing is some times the pain isnt always near the injection site.
Thanks in advance.

I'm having the same sort of problem ***55357;***56885;***55357;***56885; purple mark too it's now Wednesday morning and I pinned on Sunday Night and from yesterday it has become a bit red after I massaged it and had an Epsom salt bath after the massage.
View attachment 564964

Back