weight loss and excercises

Cozmo

hi, everybody. My girlfriend wast to lose some weight. I would like to see her buttox, belly and legs more firm. What kind of diet would you propose? Also which exercises would you recommend?
Thanks for the answers.

first what are her stats (age, weight, bf%), her current activity level, her diet???

well she's 1.68-70, she weighs 58.8-59 kilograms. She drinks more water (not a lot) 1/5-1 litre. She's avoiding fat, but thats isnt so easy, cuzz she lives @ home. She's 23 years old, still studying. It's the first time she did fitness. (yesterday)

Well If can offer any advice it would be diet diet diet. If you are looking to loose weight start with a good diet.

What worked for me (lost 50 pounds and shredded now)

Cut out sugar
Lowered carbs(eat good carbs like whole wheat or stone ground wheat).
High Protien
Eat 5 times a day.

Work out 4 times a week.

If you want specifics let me know. My wife and I eat the same way now so I lost 5 inches off my waist and she lost 3 dress sizes so I have done this now for over 6mnths and have kept it off. good luck

I would agree with Andru. If she really wants to get in shape, first she needs to be committed. Sounds like she's not that active right? Does she have a gym membership? If she does, 3-4 days a week of cardio and a good diet would help her lose body fat.

Start slow and when she feels comfortable, add in weights if she wants, or add them in right away (which would be best). Ask the staff at the gym for assistance with excersises and to make her a plan.

It all depends on her goals really and how bad she wants it!!

;)

Her Diet

SHe should eat frequent small meals, 5 / day would be fine. this is to increase her metabolism.

In every meal, she should have a protein source. Protein is found in mostly meat and eggs, eat lean meat and limit egg YOLKS > protein builds muscle

Limit carbs depending on her activity level, if shes becomming very active, she'll need more. Don't eat carbs at night unless she is training at night. / this is because carbs are sugar and if not used are stored as fat

Limit fat . for obvious reasons. However EFA's are good fats and are needed. Incorporate EFAs (omega 3 and 6) into diet. Sources are flax oil, udos, some nuts. fish... etc.

there is tons of this info all over the boards from persons that know a hell of a lot more than me about diet!! so look around and you'll get the drift

Good luck:)

As far as diet, Andru's advice is a good start. I'd advise even eating 6 times a day though. And the bulk of her protein should come from whole-foods and protein powders such as Casein and Milk Isolate as they give greater senses of fullness longer and have longer-lasting anti-catabolic effects (which is what you want if you want firming as opposed to merely "weight loss").

Her training should focus on developing the intermuscular groove for the big compound movements such as Squats (eventually full hamstrings-to-calves depth while maintaining a straight back), Deadlifts, Chin-Ups, Supported Dumbell or Reverse-Grip Barbell Rows, Dumbell Bench Press, Dumbell Overhead Press, a standing or bent-waist calf movement, and an ab movement (preferably one that can involve adding weight). Short rests between sets and cycling exercises in a circuit fashion can help to facilitate increased calorie burning. Although hard interval training is preferable, light to moderate cardio of whatever type she likes for 20 minutes immediately following her weight training can aid in accelerated fat loss. Full body training of the big movements followed by the cardio 3 times a week and the swimming should get her on the right track.

Back