Western Union Problems

rjs270

So I placed an order recently from a site that we all know about. Sent the money via WU earlier this week and got an email from the supplier saying that the receiver has been blocked and I needed to call WU to change receivers. I called WU and they transferred me over to their government sanctions department? I was on hold for a couple of minutes and got and had to take another call. Wanted to check with you guys on here to see if this has happened to anyone before. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Email ur source, he should have a solution for ya. Might wanna change the addy if possible

Emailed him already and just waiting to hear a response. Never heard of anything like this before so just wanted to double check with everyone on here before I did anything. I will definitely be changing the addy!!!!

I'd just go to WU, reclaim your money, I know theres a way to do that. Then just go to a different one next time and change all your shit and dont stress it brotha

I think I know which source you are talking about... I had the same probelm, but I tried to use money gram and it was an online money transfer.. All the "managers" were blocked, so needless to say I had to go with my back up source.. Makes me kinda wonder whats going on over in those neck of the woods...

the managers do change every now and then though . i know for sure my first order did not have the same list of managers as the second and third. keep us posted on how this gets resolved for you. i was planning on ordering this weekend.

I think I know which source you are talking about... I had the same probelm, but I tried to use money gram and it was an online money transfer.. All the "managers" were blocked, so needless to say I had to go with my back up source.. Makes me kinda wonder whats going on over in those neck of the woods...

ive ordered from them 3 times in the past few months and every time its a different list of names. im sure they have reasons for doing it. prob cause WU isnt supposed to be used for business so they switch names to keep it looking like personal transfers. thats my guess.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to call wu and cancel the transfer today and use moneygram instead. I already got all the info on the new receiver so hopefully I won't have any problems this time. WU has always been a pain in the ass to work with and seems to be getting worse these days. Thanks again!

sorry to hijack, but quick question for anyone that knows.

if no one knows that's cool.... i will call tomorrow anyway, but just curious if someone has done this before... don't need speculation by the way...

has anyone ever changed the city/country and receiver name for an order? had an id issue i won't be able to pick up some money i had sent someone else a while back for at least another month. was hoping i could change the receiver from another country to a guy i know here who could just run pick it up for me.

like i said, gonna call tomorrow just curious.

some sources have silly amounts of money coming in to just one WU name and it gets flagged.

the other possibility is that people have sent funds via cc and then tried to get their money back that gets WU names taken down super quick.

Back