What 1rpm of I can do 225 x 15? Freq of workout?

timed123

Hey all,

Just wondering what my 1 rep max is or about if I can get 225 up 15x? 325?

I thought my gear was bunk until I hit that today I seem some gains but I'm on week 4 of test cyp 500 and I put on some weight and got 225 up 9x for two weeks in a row which is ok because before gear I got it up 6x. So my 4th week in I put up 225 and it gave me butterfly's lol. I put on about about 8 or 9 lbs and had water weight bu took care of that a Aromatase inhibitor (AI). Went from 183 to 191 193ish .

Another question is I searched it and got some insight but would like some more information. I wanna work each muscle twice each week. Whatya think? I usually do 12 sets for chest back and legs but 9 for small muscles? Before gear I was doing 20 min workouts 6-9 sets twice a week for big muscles and 4-8 sets twice a week for small muscles... What do you guys think I came from a Ectomorph built but feel like my body type is changing?

Been working out 7 years
27 yrs old
Early twenties until now I went from 165 to now 193 so it took years and obv my latest gains were do to supplementation.
Bf is between 10-14%

I'd also agree on 315. Are you going primarily for strength or size? Out of the two routines you posted, I would do bout 10sets for big muscle groups and 6 for small muscle groups basically along the lines of what you posted. The gear should def allow you to hit everything twice a week. Or maybe try a full body 3 times a week while cutting the sets down. That's what they did in the old days from what I've read.

Ive always found that putting the weight on the bar and then attempting the lift was the best way to find a max. Thats just me tho.

I'd also agree on 315. Are you going primarily for strength or size? Out of the two routines you posted, I would do bout 10sets for big muscle groups and 6 for small muscle groups basically along the lines of what you posted. The gear should def allow you to hit everything twice a week. Or maybe try a full body 3 times a week while cutting the sets down. That's what they did in the old days from what I've read.

Size is my main goal.

If size is your goal i think you are focusing on the wrong things. I use to be this way i would go up 2 reps every week on bench. Up to the point where i was doing triple the reps than when i started. but my physique hardly changed. Forget about strength, watch the mirror and the scale. Make sure your diet is on point. Im weaker than i was 2 years ago but my physique is 4 times better.

If size is your goal i think you are focusing on the wrong things. I use to be this way i would go up 2 reps every week on bench. Up to the point where i was doing triple the reps than when i started. but my physique hardly changed. Forget about strength, watch the mirror and the scale. Make sure your diet is on point. Im weaker than i was 2 years ago but my physique is 4 times better.

Without continually forcing your body to adapt with more reps, or more weight. Instead what have you found to work better for yourself?

Hey all,

Just wondering what my 1 rep max is or about if I can get 225 up 15x? 325?

I thought my gear was bunk until I hit that today I seem some gains but I'm on week 4 of test cyp 500 and I put on some weight and got 225 up 9x for two weeks in a row which is ok because before gear I got it up 6x. So my 4th week in I put up 225 and it gave me butterfly's lol. I put on about about 8 or 9 lbs and had water weight bu took care of that a Aromatase inhibitor (AI). Went from 183 to 191 193ish .

Another question is I searched it and got some insight but would like some more information. I wanna work each muscle twice each week. Whatya think? I usually do 12 sets for chest back and legs but 9 for small muscles? Before gear I was doing 20 min workouts 6-9 sets twice a week for big muscles and 4-8 sets twice a week for small muscles... What do you guys think I came from a Ectomorph built but feel like my body type is changing?

Been working out 7 years
27 yrs old
Early twenties until now I went from 165 to now 193 so it took years and obv my latest gains were do to supplementation.
Bf is between 10-14%

Download the rep calculator.

Go for it, and if anything, one of the New Years Resolution Gym Cloggers will help you. Nobody is just gonna leave you stuck like that will they?

Without continually forcing your body to adapt with more reps, or more weight. Instead what have you found to work better for yourself?

Well im not saying i completly get away from weight/or number of reps. But i mainly focus on muscle contraction. Usually ill pre exhaust the muscle im going to train to the point where my strength is half of what it could be. My honest opinion on training is that its not a big deal haha. I think reaching hypertrophy and pounding blood into the muscle followed by very good nutrition is gonna grow muscle to max potential regardless of the exercises you do or your strength. just my opinion.

So If you can do more than 6 reps your not lifting enough. I start with 300 lbs. doing negative drop sets with a good training partner to failure. Stick to training a muscle group once a week unless it is really lagging. Your still a little guy . We generally tell people to wait till they have gone over the 200 lbs mark. Don't take it personally you still have great things to look forward to like the pain in the forearms that seems like it will never go away when the muscles in your forearms start to separate. Stay on the ai's and go read " eat to grow " By the way the quality of life is much better at 210 than 250.

Not to mention form will be a big issue.. doesnt matter what your lifting if your actual training blows. And please tell me you're actually touching the bar to your chest during these reps. Tired of seeing all these bar bouncers or guys that go down 1/2 way and say theyre pushing up 315...

^ this!!! Agree completely. That will get you absolutely nowhere in bodybuilding or even just building a good physique. Kai greene has a great video called ill never be a powerlifter. Dude is massive and is curling 30lbs for like 8-10 reps. It's not about the weight. It's about controlling the weight and getting that stretch and contraction

I been working out on and off for seven years and always reading. I def don't bounce it off my chest or go down halfway I can't stand that shit especially when it's a fat guy, for some reason it pisses me off more when they are fat. I am pretty educated in regards to nutrition and hope to get good gains off this cycle. I always struggled with putting on weight but I do think finally my metabolism has slowed down. I never wanted to be big I just want to fill out.

What do you guys recommend for arms? My arms just get wider, when I flex with my arm by my side it almost looks like I'm not flexing . I know definition will come when I lose weight I think my genetics are fucked in that area they look like rectangle blocks lol

Your 1rm is most likely 315-325. As a rule of thumb 225 for 10 is typically 300. Over 10 it gets a little tricky.

If you wanna know your 1rm either do it or find a weight and try to triple it or double it. Might take a couple weeks but at least you'll know.

Lift heavier dude. Don't go over 6 reps on bench unless its a drop set last set.

Your 1rm is most likely 315-325. As a rule of thumb 225 for 10 is typically 300. Over 10 it gets a little tricky.

If you wanna know your 1rm either do it or find a weight and try to triple it or double it. Might take a couple weeks but at least you'll know.

Lift heavier dude. Don't go over 6 reps on bench unless its a drop set last set.

When I was younger I tried the low rep routine. I'm not sure maybe I was to small for that routine so I'm reluctant to go really heavy. I might give it another go

Back