What am i doing wrong?! Bad injections?

jons

Hey guys. So i am on my first cycle. This is week #4. First 3 weeks were all into right glute, following proper procedure. First off, PIP from the first injection SUCKED. I injected 1ml of 250mg/ml Test cyp. I could hardly sit down. I felt like i had a golf ball in my butt. Anyway, i powered through it and within 5 days i was feeling pretty good. 7th day i did my second injection. I'm doing weekly, not bi weekly shots. Things went pretty smoothly. Minor PIP, nothing major. 3rd week, i had pretty good amount of pain again but not nearly as bad as injection 1. The injection site was red, swollen(golf ball), and hot. The pain peaked at around 3 days, then started to get better, but not good enough to inject into that area again. So this week i decided to try my left delt. The injection went really well, i was feeling great about it, as if i never wanted to do another glute shot again, but the next day the area directly below my delt, sotr of in between my tri and bi started to get red and stiff. Now the entire section of my arm is red, hard to the touch and HOT. and it hurts. Its not extremely swollen like my glute was, seems more spread out than in one spot.

what did i do wrong? It seems the oil spread down my arm. I have zero pain or redness or swelling at the injection site. it seems to have gone down my arm several inches.

First 2 injections were from a source that i could not verify(250mg/ml test cyp). So i did some further research and decided to go with a reputable source just to be sure i was getting what i paid for(400mg/ml test cyp). i am using a 23g 1inch needle. I warmed up the oil under water prior to injection. I used alcohol to clean the vial and injection site. i did not swap needles after filling syringe. First injection was 250mg, second was 500mg. and 500mg for weeks 3 and 4 as well but with a smaller dose due to the higher concentrated test.

This whole situation is frustrating! Am i just doomed to have PIP like this for the rest of my cycle? Sorry if this is all a bit disorganized. I'm in a hurry. thanks for any advice!

You know a useful tool hear is the search feature. Use it, and you find a thousand threads on PIP none differing from eachother.

thanks for the advice. i've been on forums for a looooong time and always tell the noobs that too. i searched google for a while and found similar stories, but none of them were conclusive. Most of the threads i read said, "if its not red or hot, your fine". well, mine is red and hot. so thought id reach out.

so what i am experiencing is normal? i know PIP will be worse with this stronger concentrate, but i just wanted to make sure i am g2g. thanks.

I didn't read the whole thread... but if it is red and hot, and if you have a fever you probably have an infection. Break out your supply of antibiotics. Probably amoxicilan.

You might have to stick a 21g needle in there too and try to drain it if you can find the pocket of puss. Or have a doc slice it open to drain, but that would destroy the muscle tissue.

Hopefully you don't have a fever!

Last edited:
its red and hot, but i don't have a fever. i feel fine minus the discomfort. 3 of my 4 shots thus far have been the same with different levels of pain, but they have all been somewhat red and if warm. Could it be i am allergic? i am cleaning everything properly, warming the oil, injecting slowly, etc.

Stop pinning in the same location. You need to rotate. I use Glutes, Quads, Delts and Ventroglutes. You should use at least two of those and pin both sides for a minimum of 4 injection sites.

i thought it would be ok to inject in the same spot since i am only pinning once a week?

this 4th spot into my delt was my first time branching out of my left glute

thanks megatron!

i wasn't able to get any info on why this would happen. any ideas? seems the oil secreted downward. why would it do that? i mean, it seems gravity would have a lot to do with that, but why the redness around the area that seems to be affected by the oil. slight infection? just a bad reaction to the oil?

did you not start another thread about the same thing??

I think you were referring to me last week 3J. This happened to me lol. I didnt keep doing my one glute and im doing two pins a week but my swelling and the lump is gone.

This happened to me too last week man. Dont sweat it too much or it will drive you crazy. Just leave it alone and as long as you aren't running a temperature it will go away on its way. Mine is already gone.

I cant say what caused mine or why it happened but,it could be many factors. Explain your exact injection technique;

Did you heat the oil?

Did you inject fast or slow?

Did it bleed afterwards?

Did you use alcohol pads?

Did you draw the fluid and inject with the same needle?

Give more information for people to work with.

I believe mine was caused from heating the oil up too much and injecting too fast. So now I don't heat my oil and I haven't had a problem with the last 3 injections.

First 2 injections were from a source that i could not verify(250mg/ml test cyp). So i did some further research and decided to go with a reputable source just to be sure i was getting what i paid for(400mg/ml test cyp). i am using a 23g 1inch needle. I warmed up the oil under water prior to injection. I used alcohol to clean the vial and injection site. i did not swap needles after filling syringe. First injection was 250mg, second was 500mg. and 500mg for weeks 3 and 4 as well but with a smaller dose due to the higher concentrated test.

This whole situation is frustrating! Am i just doomed to have PIP like this for the rest of my cycle? Sorry if this is all a bit disorganized. I'm in a hurry. thanks for any advice!

Bolded and a lack of rotation would be my guess. Benzyl Alcohol doesn't play nice, and is used often in higher amounts in higher concentration gear.

You definitely got what you paid for. ;)

My .02c :)

thank you for all the info fellas.. I'll just keep reading and learning from everybody.
I hope is nothing serious jons... good luck.

This happened to me too last week man. Dont sweat it too much or it will drive you crazy. Just leave it alone and as long as you aren't running a temperature it will go away on its way. Mine is already gone.

I cant say what caused mine or why it happened but,it could be many factors. Explain your exact injection technique;

Did you heat the oil?

Did you inject fast or slow?

Did it bleed afterwards?

Did you use alcohol pads?

Did you draw the fluid and inject with the same needle?

Give more information for people to work with.

I believe mine was caused from heating the oil up too much and injecting too fast. So now I don't heat my oil and I haven't had a problem with the last 3 injections.

Thanks for posting man. Here is what i did:

wash hands
clean vial with alcohol wipe
remove sterile syringe/needle from packaging (23g x 1in)
fill syringe with 1.25ml of air
insert into vial and plunge air into vial
remove 1.25ml (500mg test cyp) slowly
remove syringe once desired amount is in syringe
cap needle
run syringe under hot water for 15 seconds or so
clean injection site with alcohol pad (once)
break skin in a rather slow fashion using the same needle i used to pull fluid
aspirate
inject slowly(maybe 30 seconds?)
leave needle in place for 15-20 seconds after all oil is injected
pull out swiftly

this particular injection there was no seepage of oil or blood. just a tiny dot. i got the alcohol swab and cleaned the area again while gently massaging it. i feel like i did it by the book. It is just weird to me because there is zero, and i mean zero, pain at the actual injection site. I have read about some theories of missing the muscle? but why would the oil have such an effect. i guess thats just the way it goes?

Bolded and a lack of rotation would be my guess. Benzyl Alcohol doesn't play nice, and is used often in higher amounts in higher concentration gear.

You definitely got what you paid for. ;)

My .02c :)

ya not to mention this was a virgin muscle. lol

thank you for all the info fellas.. I'll just keep reading and learning from everybody.
I hope is nothing serious jons... good luck.

i hope this thread helps someone out there. i guess ill now on the next pin. do you guys recomend then injecting twice a week since the concentration is higher this way i use less per site?

Back