what brands of Whey powder are you using?

Pro complex but I found out your body can only process up to 25gr of protein at a time so the remaining 35 gr in that scoop are unecessary

so I just switched to egg albumin protein

Oh really?

Where did you find that out? I would like to see that study.

<sarcasm>

There is no magic number. Some people can process more protein than others, but it is an individual thing. You may only be able to digest 25g (based on personal experience), but I may be able to digest 75g.

Also, high quality products will allow you to use more.

If I try and use 2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey I will be on the shitter in about 30 minutes with explosive diarrhea.

If I use 4 scoops of TrueProteins Isolate Cold-Filtration I am fine. No gas, No bloating, No discomfort.

I don't do the 4 scoops shakes anymore because my goals have changed, but when I was doing it my gains were sick. I think I was getting more that 25g out of those shakes.

As far as egg white protein I use it in a blend, but never alone. It has a salty taste to it.

Pro complex but I found out your body can only process up to 25gr of protein at a time so the remaining 35 gr in that scoop are unecessary

so I just switched to egg albumin protein

Those are old flawed studies involving non training little people. Factor in training which boosts synthesis and if on AAS which super boosts it you will need ALOT more.

Oh really?

It was a radio interview with some scientists from i forgot which university. It's a rather long interview but very interesting. I will look for it again and I'll pm you the link.
I know it's only one study but I can find several more which point to the same conclusion.

I will look for it when I get home.

all whey is by product... garbage.. use egg albumin protien...

?????? is beacuse its taken out of the process of making chees its garbage???
stupidity!

WHEY is one of the best proteins out there!!
IF its high Quality.

FUCK egg powder i feel better and am gaining better with just whey then when i made a blend of 40egg/60whey.

Vital strength has a good one. Its called total protein +. It has whey protein isolate, concentrate, egg white protein and casein all in one. It is also very low carb so you can use it for bulking and cutting. It has lots of nutrients, glutamine and creatine. It is the best one I have found so far that is an all in one type protein. Along with correct nutrition and weight training I went from 59.5kg (131lb) to 82kg (180lb) in around 3.5 months. Obviously its not just the powder that did it, but it has always been a good one for me.

Or you can make your own mixes at TP for less money and you don't have to put any concentrate in it.

When you see those fancy labels and big advertisements in the magazines, who do you think pays for those? You do, when you pay for overpriced supplements.

You don't need glutamine

You can buy Creatine for dirty cheap and add it to any protein shake. Why pay extra money for a powder that has creatin in it? You can buy a good isolate and some creatine monohydrate for a fraction of the cost of these pre made powders.

ive tried numerious kinds allthewhey, metrx, nitrotec, gnc's brand, etc etc. after i tried trueprotiens i have stuck w/that good taste good quality and great prices

I prefer to read the labels and buy the highest quality for the lowest price. For instance, whey isolate should only have about 4 calories per gram of protein, so when you look at the label and it says 25g of protein, make sure it doesn't contain much more than 100 calories. I also look at the number of servings in the container and multiply that by the amount of protein per serving. As for taste, I prefer the non flavored protein because I can mix it up however I choose and can also add it to oatmeal and cereal or drink with just water when I am trying to lose weight.

I go to GNC and ask "what do you have that is going to expire within the next month??" They show me all their almost expired stock and I buy everything for like 70-80% off. It works like a charm because I get to try new things and I don't pay full price for anything.

you can process mor ethne a frwaking 25g scoop lol.
some more liek 60g some maybe less 25g
depents on ALOT of factores
and on steroids even more is used "my OP"

I use American whey. Great product, hardly any sugar or fat in it and good quality protein. The fact that i get it for free is a big bonus too.

depends... whats on sale? i could care less about brand, and about the amount of protein your body can absorb at a time, well yes and no. i speak from what i think is good experience, elite athletes who get nothing but the best and few physiology classes that covered this very topic. your body can absorb more than 25g protein, however it may not utilize that much. honestly, as of last year, nobody knows the magic number, but it is far lass than the average bodybuilder intakes. it is anywhere from 15g-25g. Of course you may be able to absorb more than that at a time, but your body may only require half of what you absorb and convert the rest to glucose & glycogen via gluconeogenisis.

I think i alluded to this in a previous post. Some of the best exercise physiologists gave a conference on this at my school when I was an undergrad. They found that giving their athletes chocolate milk was the perfect blend of protein and sugar.

I encourage you to not buy into what the supplement companies tell you, they are motivated by profits to sell more protein, obviously, but that does not mean it is necessary.

Back