What did I do to my shoulder?

outlawtas

Man, my shoulder is absolutely killing me. I've had problems with it before, but never like this. My arm is almost paralyzed, but the weird thing is that in some positions there is zero pain, and in others it's agonizing.

I hit chest and tris my last workout and noticed no signs of injury...however I woke up the next day and felt the pain. I'm not sure if I injured it working out or if I slept funny and pinched a nerve?

Anyways, how do I tell what happened, and how do I fix it! lol

The worst pain is when I do lateral raises (with no weight) and I have no pain during rear raises, and some pain during front raises.

Last edited:
Really? I was going to skip deads today because of it. Does it sounds like a pinched something? It really doesn't feel like an injured tendon. Tendons seem to be a "nagging" pain, rather than "excrutiating" pain...

Watch out for rotator cuff or tendons. Listen to you body and take a break and ice it. The last thing you want is to have to stop training because of an injury! I have had some soreness from a 'pulled' tendon, I trained with it and it warmed up, became inflamed felt much better. The next morning I could not move it. I took off 2 weeks from the gym (that almost killed me) and now it feels good to go!

Last edited:
Yeah, I decided to skip the workout today...I'll see how it feels tomorrow.

Anybody know any good exercises to do with injured shoulder?

outlawtas2 said:
Yeah, I decided to skip the workout today...I'll see how it feels tomorrow.

Anybody know any good exercises to do with injured shoulder?

Just be careful with any pressing movements like flat bench and shoulder presses. Make sure you have your shoudlers tucked back and squeeze your shoulder blades together while doing any chest work. Some rest and ice will help, too.

I've been dealing with shoulder problems the last two years, too. It seems to come and go. Any time your lifts begin to increase rapidly you're succeptible to injury. Like LTID said, just be careful and don't make it any worse. Listen to your body (i know, easier said than done:) ).

It's a neerve thing or somethingis slightyl out of place. I'm telling you do some deads it puulls on the shoulder and makes it feel good.

I have never been so bad I can't move something, and yet my recovery times were sometimes months. Doesn't much matter if its the last two weeks of a cycle, the guys who train on painkillers repeatedly often end up with lifelong injuries. You can heal, or you can be a gimp with no kidneys.

I have the same problem....avoid any exercises that bother it. Also start doing some light rotator cuff exercises...when I say light I mean 20 reps with 3lbs. Ice your shoulder afterward.
Here is a scan of my PT exercises that have helped....

Last edited:
Back