what 'whey' is the best one?! (I've never been so confussed)

Keep it in a cool dry place and it will last. 10lbs isn't too much if you are using it every day.

As far as flavors, you can't go wrong with Chocolate. I also like Chocolate Banana and Strawberry n cream. ***Pay a couple extra dollars and get premium flavors***

Future Prodigy said:
1)So i'd be ok using that MPI as a PWO drink?
absolutely.
2) would it be better as a PWO if i made the mix 85 (MPI)/15 Whey concentrate?
splitting hairs.
3) That mix would also be good before bed wouldnt it?
absolutely.
4) have you added any flavour to your batch in the past? The product description for MPI makes it seem like itd have a funny taste, i was thinking of maybe adding chocolate? (producing a quasi chocolate milk?)
I add flavor to every batch. You cant go wrong with any TrueProtein premium flavor (except chocolate banana; its great at first, but gets old after a while. Everyone else seems to love it though.) The Premium dutch chocolate is ridiculously good, and obviously even better when mixed with milk. To be honest I cant tell any difference tastewise between the ion-exchange isolate i used to use and MPI. The powder is a different consistency when dry, and some batches of MPI clump a little when mixed, but other than that, i cant discern any difference.
5) I like the idea of MPI as it seems to be more versatile than straight whey... if im wrong let me know... what is the typical expirary date on MPI is buyin 10 lbs too much?
no clue honestly, but like Easto said, if its dry and stored like every other quasi-perishable item, i dont see it going bad anytime in the next few years

Suareezay said:
2) would it be better as a PWO if i made the mix 85 (MPI)/15 whey concentrate?
splitting hairs.

I don't quite follow :sad: I was thinking that adding the extra bit of whey may make it better suited for pwo? Or should i just make it 100% MPI?

Do you normally add anything else... like aminogen, etc

Future Prodigy said:
I don't quite follow :sad: I was thinking that adding the extra bit of whey may make it better suited for pwo? Or should i just make it 100% MPI?

Do you normally add anything else... like aminogen, etc

no need for additional whey or aminogen.

i dont add anything else, just MPI + premium flavors.

although adding whey would bring the price down, and youd still get plenty of casein

Last edited:
would you still add dextrose to the MPI for a PWO drink - in sense of doing it yourself, not adding it premixed in the formula?

I've always read about dextrose in the context of whey, never casein?

and which whey would you suggest adding to bring down the price - whey concentrate (would this ruin the mix) ?

Last edited:
would you still add dextrose to the MPI for a PWO drink - in sense of doing it yourself, not adding it premixed in the formula?

I've always read about dextrose in the context of whey, never casein?

and which whey would you suggest adding to bring down the price - whey concentrate (would this ruin the mix) ?

I would personally eat a high carb high protein meal post workout, but sure dextrose is fine. And i agree that you should add it yourself and not to the a premixed formula.

whey concentrate is going to be the cheapest, but may cause you stomach discomfort. I recently went through a tub of whey concentrate that was given to me and I experienced no problems, but some do, in which case I would go with an isolate.

I noticed while looking at some of my old batches of ISOPURE and ON that they included glutamine, BCAA's, and ALA in the mix... are these necessary?

It seems when you buy all this mixed into the batch through a store that it is the same price as making it through TRUEPROTEIN.

I noticed while looking at some of my old batches of ISOPURE and ON that they included glutamine, BCAA's, and ALA in the mix... are these necessary?

they are necessary, but it is not necessary to supplement with them, as you get plenty from your diet and supplemental protein.

ala, meh.

basically should i be looking to replicate my ON mix - BCAAs, ALA, etc - or should i just make it 100% whey, or MPI.

I want to place the order ASAP

I just use Isolate Cold-Filtration all the time. Then I don't have to worry about which powder to use at which time.

I just add different things into my powder depending on when I am using it. ie. oats, natty PB, fruit, etc

easto/suareezay - so you guys dont add anything else to your batch? Just 100% protein? No glutamine peptides, BCAAs, or ALA ? I only ask repetitively because my other 'name brand' proteins have that stuff in them and don't know how necessary it is.

Order it separate
If you want to add it in later you can. Or some shakes you might want BCAA's and other shakes you might not want to use BCAA's. This way you have to option to have a shake WITH or WITHOUT it.

read this

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/articles/jamie-hale/BCAA-roundtable

then read this

Glutamine = one of the most overrated and utterly useless supplements for muscle growth. it works great for stimualting protein synthesis IF you toss it into msucle cells in a test tube. it does some nice things with trauma/burn patients. And does less than jack shit orally in healthy humans at even massive doses. it doesn't spare muscle whiel dieting and it doesn't impact on anabolism. yet it refuses to die as a supplement.

Lyle McDonald

then decide for yourself whether you still think you need to supplement with them.

i use TP cold filtration orange indulgence and chocolate with not additives.
great taste and mixing. no complaints ngr

Back