Eating for recovery before bed..Facts vs Myths (lets debate)

Lol, I just read all 3 pages.. Whew! Got kinda hot up in here!! Personally, I love the Nectar protein powders! I've probably tried them all! I got into the habit, years ago, of eating 1 cup of cottage cheese before bed. Nothing too heavy. I always wake up the next morning feeling hungrier than if I hadn't eaten anything!

Lol, I just read all 3 pages.. Whew! Got kinda hot up in here!! Personally, I love the Nectar protein powders! I've probably tried them all! I got into the habit, years ago, of eating 1 cup of cottage cheese before bed. Nothing too heavy. I always wake up the next morning feeling hungrier than if I hadn't eaten anything!

I love nectar, ill have a scope before bed, like you said some cottage cheese,and or casein, this way I get some slow and fast acting..
milo_zpsi9ewtony.jpg

I never eat closer than one hour prior to going to sleep and no eating during the night either anymore. I used to eat and go directly to bed then if I woke up, which I always did, Id eat as well. I notice no difference in recovery but I do notice my stomach/GI issues have improved. Eating then lying down right away is no good.

I never use casein either. My last meal is usually whole food. Either beef, whole eggs, or cottage cheese. If I do have a shake, which is rare, its isolate with olive oil or peanut butter.

At the end of the day, provided daily macro requirement has been met nothing else matters. But, if casein is something you enjoy before bed or like eating close to bed then have at er, theres no issue with that :)

I never eat closer than one hour prior to going to sleep and no eating during the night either anymore. I used to eat and go directly to bed then if I woke up, which I always did, Id eat as well. I notice no difference in recovery but I do notice my stomach/GI issues have improved. Eating then lying down right away is no good.

I never use casein either. My last meal is usually whole food. Either beef, whole eggs, or cottage cheese. If I do have a shake, which is rare, its isolate with olive oil or peanut butter.

At the end of the day, provided daily macro requirement has been met nothing else matters. But, if casein is something you enjoy before bed or like eating close to bed then have at er, theres no issue with that :)

deff major points here... if you meet you daily macro whats the point right? I simple consume for no other reason then the nonsense science behind it.. plus I dont wake up in the middle of the night raiding the frig..it keeps me at bay till the am... and I never have issues eating in the am

Lol in my house, the kids equate maybe to "yes".

Same as my house...Them kids :ugh:
As far as the casein goes, I try to stick with it before bed as much as I can based on my last diet from 3J. But lately it has been one exception. Instead of the plain fat free yogurt I have gone to strawberry fat free yogurt. Just a change from the plain since I couldn't force it any longer. Truth be told, I do find myself stronger the next day at the gym if I have my late casein before bed vs when I skip it.

Warm chocolate brownies, covered with scoops of Ben & Jerrys mint chocolate chip ice cream, drizzled with chocolate syrup and warm peanut butter sauce on top. oh and chase it all with a 24 ounce cup of ice cold milk.

Last edited:
Warm chocolate brownies, covered with scoops of Ben & Jerrys mint chocolate chip ice cream, drizzled with chocolate syrup and warm peanut butter sauce on top. oh and chase it all with a 24 ounce cup of ice cold milk.

Now that's just obscene.

*looks at clock*

Coooommmeeeee on lunch time! :yumyum:

Great topic Vision!

Most of my workouts are before I go to bed... so I'm always eating before I go to bed.

I get pumped up... workout... eat... an pop a couple unisoms to put me to sleep.

Poetry in motion, my stomach is growling now and I am stuck in my bedroom till morning damn it!

Back