What's favorite Post Workout Meal, or healthy diet recipe

What is your favorite meal to eat post workout, or just as a staple to your bodybuilding diet. Can include anything diet, lean, healthy, protein rich, breakfast, snack, dinner. Get and give some ideas of recipes. Not necessary but possibly simple meals anyone can handle

40g whey protein
50g oats
1tbl spoon manuka honey. Straight of the bat. Then anything high in quick digesting carbs, sugars- (banana, bread) and chicken ;~)

40g whey protein
50g oats
1tbl spoon manuka honey. Straight of the bat. Then anything high in quick digesting carbs, sugars- (banana, bread) and chicken ;~)

Sounds good. If you use honey in a lot of things check out www.nutrab .com . Good real honey. Had a few of theirs.

If I do breakfast, I cook 8 eggs but only 2 yolks mixed and poured over some grilled onions, tomatoes, bell pepper, spinach and diced chicken breast to make an omelette. Eat with 2 pieces toast. Or with 2 cups cooked oatmeat with honey, cinnamon, apples, and strawberries with a cup of OJ on training days. I make this early before work and eat at work or when I wake up on off days

Or Post WO shake, 40 grams of whey, 20 grams of casein, Karbolyn unflavored(75grams)carbs, Krealkalyn, 5 grams of micronized Leucine, and tablespoon of flax seed oil, halfcup of oatmeal. Kind of a chewy shake, Best to mix protein and other powders before adding the oil and oatmeal and mixing last.

Yeah I add a flax/ pumpkin mix to one of my oat meal protein concoction s/ really gives the molars their own workout!

Loving the breakfast mix you are putting together, how much chicken are you putting into the mix? Early motning meat is supposed to kick start the metabolism and test production. Counterintuitively then, I tend to consume more bread, plus baked beans and 6-8 poached egg whites. Or 8 weetabix - 8 weetabix is a serious contender for the title of most difficult breakfast to tackle!

The manuka is great, fast digesting andsuperb for recovery, I add it to 7 raw egg whites and 100ml of skimmed milk as an afternoon meal. Happily it takes the edge of the eggs!

Roughly 4 oz, dont want to overdo the protein, or maybe more would be fine considering the egg is quick and the meat is slower to digest. I eat mostly chicken and lean beef ground/steak, eggs, milk, fresh fruit/vegs, fruit, lots of water, CLA 4 caps a day at least, ALA with every meal, D3 with breakfast/dinner, SuperCissus am and pm, Multi Enzyme with every food meal, one fish oil cap with breakfast/lunch/dinner, Joint Soother once a day.

Post work out whole food- 10oz grilled chicken breast, cup of milk, 2 cups cooked multigrain wild rice, 2 cups raw or steamed vegetables.

Double thumbs up there sir! Bit of black pepper, 200g of diced chicken- great start to the day. Of course the egg glued to the pan and arrived on the plate a la the scrambled variety, but hey it is all about the results, right? ;~)

Double thumbs up there sir! Bit of black pepper, 200g of diced chicken- great start to the day. Of course the egg glued to the pan and arrived on the plate a la the scrambled variety, but hey it is all about the results, right? ;~)

lmao.

I use canola oil just a tad to wipe the bottom and sides of the pan with. Med-high heat (6 out of 10 on dial). Toss in veggies and let sizzle for a minute or two for onion, bell pepper, etc. Throw spinach in last just for about 30 seconds and cover with egg. let the bottom set. flip once with spatula and then you should be able to flip it with the pan. mountain of food!!! 2 cups of oatmeal and some OJ and thats breakfast lol

Simple tip for chicken to add flavor while your out or at work etc. take all the chicken you want to prepare at one time. For dinner, snack meals, etc. thawed, dried, put in gallon zip lock bag with Italian Dressing. I found a sun dried tomato italian, or a lite toasted sesame seed dressing by Kraft that is bomb for marinade. Just grill and enjoy with whatever

My uncle raises honey bees overseas and every year we get a few shipments of his homemade honey! It is delicious and goes great with oats IMO.

Another option for chicken in the freezer bag is put the chicken in there (I cut the fat off and wash it first), sprinkle in adobo and sazon along with lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and a hint of white or apple cider vinegar. Mix it around every half hour or so and let marinate for a few hours or overnight. Put the chicken on skewers and throw on the grill.

Haha, thanks for the pan advice, was still scraping it clean last thing yesterday! Mountain of food is exactly right though.

Loving the idea of family sourced honey, bit of a flagging trade these days so big up to your Uncle.

I made bison burgers last week, super low fat, mixed with diced pan cooked onion. Grain bread cakes covered in a basil, coriander and spring onion paste (blended together with 2 tbl spoons of olive oil and 2 cloves of garlic) , served with tomato and advocado garnishing and accompanied by sweet potato fries (gently blanched and the oven cooked). I could barely move after that!

Haha, thanks for the pan advice, was still scraping it clean last thing yesterday! Mountain of food is exactly right though.

Loving the idea of family sourced honey, bit of a flagging trade these days so big up to your Uncle.

I made bison burgers last week, super low fat, mixed with diced pan cooked onion. Grain bread cakes covered in a basil, coriander and spring onion paste (blended together with 2 tbl spoons of olive oil and 2 cloves of garlic) , served with tomato and advocado garnishing and accompanied by sweet potato fries (gently blanched and the oven cooked). I could barely move after that!

Hahaha damn Iron Chef over here!

yeah I actually want to get a hive of bees myself. Better to have local honey for allergies too, local pollen is like a vaccine against it. Plus I do a lot of garden vegetables and pollinating yourself is rediculous.

For sure, in the UK bee/ hive numbers are in huge decline - same in States- people just don't get how crucial they are to agriculture.

Get some chicken
Get some brownrice
Get some cock sauce (siratcha)

Boom

Fuark of course Bieber loves the cock sauce! Haha.

But yeah I use the rooster juice myself for pad thai. A little sugary to have all the time but it makes a good treat every now and then, I also make my Pad Thai sauce a little less sweet than what is usually recommended. Siratcha gives it a real nice heat!

I always drink a post workout shake consisting of whey, dextrose, glutamine, BCAA, and creatine. About an hour later, I have a whole food meal. I push myself hard during training, so I really don't feel like eating; however, I do make myself eat. I will often eat a chicken sandwich, whereby I grind the chicken up and mix it with a small amount of low fat mayo that is made with olive oil. For the bread, I always use Ezekiel 4:9.

i have neurscab's post workout shake as well with dextrose and creatine, and glutamine. best post workout shake in my opinion. make sure you eat a solid meal an hour after the shake. no longer, or the next meal could be stored as fat. i make sure i have solid meat, complex carbs, and good fats. the whole nine yards. 200g cooked chicken, 350g potato, 15 almonds, cup of green. that would be ideal for me.

One hour after PWO shake(50g protein/150g carbs) I usually have 12oz of steak and the odd time 12oz of chicken, but usually have chicken the next meal after my steak, and 100g of carbs usually from tater tots or shredded hash browns, one can of coke, and two bananas.

Back