When to get bloodwork done?

Lawman

Hey Guys,

I have decided to get some blood work done to see where my estradiol levels are. How many days after my injection should I wait to get it done? I was guessing that I should probably wait about 2 days after my injection for it to peak, but I'm not sure. I've been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for about 5 months at 100 mg per week split into two injections. Back when I was injecting once per week, my trough level was 293. I am thinking that the level has probably risen somewhat since due to more frequent injections. However, I have no idea what my peak is and as far as my estradiol goes, it's anyone's guess. That's why I've decided to go the privatemd labs route.

Also, I have seen many of you recommend the "female hormone panel" on privatemd labs, which does not include an E2 sensitive assay, but is very inexpensive. Is this a big deal? Is the E2 sensitive that much more accurate? Because I've read in a lot of places where everyone stresses to make sure you get the E2 sensitive assay and not just a normal estradiol assay.

Thanks guys.

I don't personally feel like you need to go the sensitive estrogen route unless you're just prone to estro problems. The straight standard female hormone panel test should give you a really good gauge of where things stand. Plus you're not running high enough doses that would give you any serious issues.

The problem with not getting a sensitive while on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is you get a reading in the twenties and think that is good, but that is too low. ROTH will always be 10-15 points higher.

Getting your E dialed in while on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is invaluable, no reason to take short cuts when your new.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I have decided to get some blood work done to see where my estradiol levels are. How many days after my injection should I wait to get it done? I was guessing that I should probably wait about 2 days after my injection for it to peak, but I'm not sure. I've been on TRT for about 5 months at 100 mg per week split into two injections. Back when I was injecting once per week, my trough level was 293. I am thinking that the level has probably risen somewhat since due to more frequent injections. However, I have no idea what my peak is and as far as my estradiol goes, it's anyone's guess. That's why I've decided to go the privatemd labs route.

Also, I have seen many of you recommend the "female hormone panel" on privatemd labs, which does not include an E2 sensitive assay, but is very inexpensive. Is this a big deal? Is the E2 sensitive that much more accurate? Because I've read in a lot of places where everyone stresses to make sure you get the E2 sensitive assay and not just a normal estradiol assay.

Thanks guys.

Most people test during the trough. Since you've previously tested the trough, you should continue to do so, so you have a point of reference for comparison.

That would mean that you get tested the day of your injection (the 3.5th day) before you've taken the injection.

Guys don't usually get the peak because they don't want to scare the doc into lowering their dose if it's too high, but you are getting your own private lab so you sure can get the peak if that's what you want.

Peak or trough, I hope it's at least double your last test result.....what really matters is how you are feeling so far on your TRT journey?

I don't personally feel like you need to go the sensitive estrogen route unless you're just prone to estro problems. The straight standard female hormone panel test should give you a really good gauge of where things stand. Plus you're not running high enough doses that would give you any serious issues.

I disagree with this. Ask for the Sensitive Male Estradiol Assay.

Google the difference between female estradiol and male estradiol. The bell curve is completely different.

Back