When to have blood drawn?

If your trying to see how good your test is, and looking for a peak level I'd shoot for the 24 hour mark give or take. Tuesday afternoon sometime.

This will be my 1st blood test since starting TRT on Thanksgiving.

get the trough level as average man suggested.

Are you Dr assisted, or doing your own thing. what's the dosage? what test level are you hoping to see?

Ideally you would get labs drawn on Friday morning, but before your injection. That is your trough, or lowest point.

It doesn't really matter all that much on a twice weekly injection protocol though. Your hormones will be very stable when injecting so frequently. The difference between your peak and trough won't be extremely significant.

I'm on TRT prescribed by my Dr. I'm on 50mg twice a week. I tried before at 100mg twice a week and ran into hematocrit issues.

You know, I'm not sure what I'm expecting to see. I have never seen my T over 340. My last test came back at 225. I'm guessing 400-600 is where it will be.

I have a problem with giving blood. I have no usable viens due to chemotherapy years ago. I need very thin butterfly needles used when I give blood. Red Cross told me they had to use a full needle due to volume.

I used to have issues giving blood due to my cancer/chemo experience...I'd get severe anxiety and pass out every time I had blood tests. I've gotten a lot better. However, someone poking around with a full sized needle would probably cause me to throw up, sweat profusely, pass out and generally have a very bad time of things even IF they could get a full sized needle in.

As I recall it was 51+. My BP was effected...it went VERY high. I have a thread on here about that.

Well brother....
50 mg twice weekly may take u slowly up in hematocrit overtime...not as fast as the 100 mg twice a week...but you may get the longer u are on...
U need to confront this issue head on!!!
Sucks but you will need to in order to survive...and have a good trt protocol.
Or else I just see your doc pulling scripts as an alternative.

Iv never donated blood. and have been on hrt or on cycle for years now ( and i like higher end hrt of 200-250mg ew). only blood that leaves my body is for blood work (which i am not a fan of also) and my hemo has always tested ok. so untill it becomes an issue dont sweat it too much. but if it does become one then accept a donation time to time.
Note i do not eat meat and i think maybe thats why I have always had good hemo and blood work. maybe drop meat or some of it if it gets high and see if it helps. maybe its just coincidence for me, im not sure.

OK. Had bloodwork done Monday morning. My GP doc would only do the basic labs and wants the endocrinologist I'll be seeing next week to take over everything. I had given his assistent a letter with all the labs I wanted. It was the kitchen sink of TRT labs. He basically wants the Endo to handle everything with my TRT.

Back