Why Adding HCG would lower pregnenolone levels?

burnsmart

Pre HCG my TT was in the 700's with a pregnenolone level of 117 (13-208) After HCG TT went to 1141 but Pregnenolone has dropped to 39. Any reason for this? I would think this is conterproductive. Has anyone heard of this? I would think it would increase pregnenolone.

Thanks,

What's your progesterone level?
I'm interested to know why as well too?
What dose HCG and how often is it administered?
Also, how many days after the HCG shot was this lab?
Did u measure DHEA as well ?
HCG increases it a bit...

Progesterone level is <0.5 range is <1.4ng/ml.
I had progesteron level wayyy back and the result was .4 (0-.6 ng/ml). That was at the start of treatment a few years back.

i take HCG three times per week 300 IU. Take it on Sun/Mon (Test cyp on Tues), then on Thurs (test cyp on friday).

Last lab was on a Wed.

Not sure if these means back off HCG or increase it? Maybe increase it and lower Test Cyp? I just cant imagine low preg is good. Not sure if i can supliment it as i take an anticovulsant drug for a seizure years back.

from 5/13 to 7/15 my reading was 117. From 7/15 1/16 it went down to 39. two to three years in would i still be slowly suppressing? I would think that would happen in the first year no? Can i up it to 350 or 400 three times per week or is that getting a little high for long term use?

Also my TT went from 741 to 1141 when HCG was added. Doesnt that indicate that i was making some of my own which may also indicate not being surpressed?

Not following here....your TT on TRT went up without adjusting Test dose but increasing HCG dose u are saying?
What symptoms do u feel ?
Any unusual symptoms? Increase in anxiety?

Also my TT went from 741 to 1141 when HCG was added. Doesnt that indicate that i was making some of my own which may also indicate not being surpressed?

Yes and no. The suppression from the testosterone was probably still on the down-curve and the HCG did not change the trajectory. T can take a while to fully suppress you, especially if your caucasian. For some reason caucasian men do not get as suppressed as asian men from taking testosterone.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Your simply not taking enough HCG to fully override the suppression.

I like this answer, but I also would like to point out that hormones fluctuate throughout the day. Were your blood tests roughly both at the same time of the day? Your testosterone will be on a separate curve now, but as pregnenolone is still subject to diurnal fluctuations, I'd look there.

My .02c :)

Just saw you were two years in, I would say yea you were suppressed then. I thought this was a few months/year.

So I will go with halfwit then :)

I would say the first reading was probably taken at 7 AM. The second at about 1 or 2 pm. It would still concern me that pregnebolone is that low even in the early afternoon and progesterone is 0? Why would the hcg appear to have restarted my test production but not increased pregnenolone? In ge to it decreases. That is opposite to what I read.

Back