Why all the juice while cutting?

Intraining

I see guys listing their cutting cycles and a lot of them seem to be stacking tren, prop, Winstrol (winny) or something similar. If you're truly trying to cut aren't you going to be eating less than maintenance calories so you're not really going to be adding any significant amount of muscle because of the lack of calories? If so, then why all the juice--shouldn't a guy just use the least amount of juice he can just in order to avoid muscle loss? Or is the tren, prop, Winstrol (winny) combination helping to burn more calories etc.?

Also, when you're cutting and eating less than maintenance calories does it make sense to work out hard five times a week, or should a guy cut back his workout maybe to three or four days a week just so he's still keeping his muscles stimulated--and replace some of his workout time with cardio to ramp up his metabolism and help get some of the fat off?

You still have to eat alot of the right foods or you will lose muscle. The juice is too keep gains while dieting, and to help harden you up, and cut you up even more.

Naturally, without the drugs, you usually shrink and start looking flatter while losing fat.

It's easier to lose muscle while cutting than bulking. Therefore, more drugs are needed on a cutter than a bulker in order to prevent catabolism. While on a cutter, switch to a strength routine. You'll be working each muscle group more often, but with less volume. When your calorie deficient, you're not going to put on muscle so don't even try. A strength routine will also help to harden you up.

When you're talking about a strength routine I assume you're talking about lower reps, heavier weights and longer rest periods between sets. Is that what you're takling about? And how many sets per body part per workout and how many workouts per week are you talking about?

Here is an example given to me by Thammer. Everything is in his words (it was actually an email). This whole post is to his credit:

This is actually a routine that was made by C.S. Sloan...who in turn put it togehter in the spirit of Bill Starr type training and West-side Barbell club...if you dont know who these peeps are just trust me.

I think this is a pretty good summary of everything but if you need further explnation of the program you know hwere im at!!! I will be starting it monday as well;) You might need some description of the exercises...if u do let me know.

later

TH

8 Week Power Routine

Workout 1: Dynamic and Repetition

-Speed Squats 10x2

-Speed Benches 8x3

-Dead lifts 6x3

-Chin-ups 4x6-8

-Parallel Bar Dips 3x8-10

-Hanging leg Raises 3x20

Workout 2: Light, Recovery Day

- Front Squat/Reg. squat 8x3

-Explosive Rep Push-ups 8x3

-Pull-overs 3x10

-Cable Curls 3x10

-Incline Sit-ups 3x20

Workout 3: Heavy, Max Effort

-Bottom Position Squats or Sumo Dead lifts 5-8x 3,2 or 1

-Bottom Position Bench presses, Rack lockouts

or Incline Presses 5-8x 3,2 or 1

-Bent Over Rows 4x6-8

-Skull Crushers 3x10

-Barbell Curls 3x10

-Hanging leg raises 3x20

Explanation:( things you might need help with)

Workout 1: Most stressful of 3 sessions(most volume)

Speed Squats: use 70% of your 1 rep max for all 10 sets. Move weight as fast as possible in good form on both negative and positive potion of lift.

Speed Bench: Use same method as described above.

Dead lifts: Same thing use 70% of 1rm for all sets.

Workout 2: You recover and add and add to total workload for week.

Front Squats: Can do Regular Squats if your not familiar with front squats. Use 60% of the weight you used for speed squats in “Workout 1”.

Explosive Push-ups: Explode off ground at the end of each rep.

Workout 3: Heavy but not as strenuous as “Workout 1”. Volume isn’t as high.

Bottom Position Squats or Sumo Dead lifts: Alternate exercises every 2-3 weeks, and change your rep range on a regular basis. For instance do triples(3 reps) for first week, singles the next and doubles the week after that. The number of sets performed is dependent on how many sets it takes you to work up to Max poundage in desired rep range chosen. In other words do 5-8 progressively heavier sets.

Bottom Position Bench presses, Rack lockouts

or Incline Presses : Use same method as described above.

Typically a strength routine is very heavy, low reps (<5), and low volume.

I've been experiementing with my own strength training ideas. Here is my last routine (which was designed specifically for post cycle).

Day 1
Bench: 2x5
Shoulder Press: 2x5
Rows: 2x5
Curls: 1x5
Squats: 2x5
Deads: 2x5
Hamstring Curls: 1x5
Calf Raises: 2x5

Day 2: Repeat

Day 3: Off

I had some good success with it. Didn't lose a pound or an ounce of strength (gained strength).

I switched it up slightly to look like this (about 5 weeks after doing the last routine):

Day 1
Bench Press 4x5
Shoulder Press 4x5
Rows 3x5
Chins 1x5
Curls 2x5

Day 2
Squats 4x5
Deads 2x5
Hamstring Curls 3x5
Calf Raises 4x5
Abs 3x8

Day 3: Off

Repeat.

Been having great success with this workout also.

I've been running quite a bit of Vitamin S this summer while cutting.

The benefits:
Cutting body fat with very little cardio
Increased Lean Muscle Mass

I'm about 200 pounds and my b/f is under 10%. Everyone says I look bigger now, then when I was 218 at a lil' over 15% b/f.

I've cut b/f while putting on muscle. It can be done while cutting. You have to know ur body to the tee.

cutting with drugs so you can maintain muscle while decreasing BF....and not hurting your strength in the gym.

Back