Why does everyone say that it takes weeks to feel testosterone enanthate kick in?

SteroidalOpiate

I’ve been using testosterone on and off for years now. One thing I’ve always noticed people say is that it takes 4-6 weeks to even FEEL testosterone enanthate and other esters such as cypionate.

Why do people say this?

I’ve had pretty low levels around 12.9 for well over a year.

Started a cycle again 500mg weekly and literally 5 hours after my first injection I noticed increased energy and sex drive.

Now 7 days in and my libido is off the charts, aggression level has increased and overall confidence. Muscles feel more pumped throughout the day even when I haven’t worked out.

Why do people say it takes a month to feel it?

No placebo either, I’ve done 5-6 cycles over the years and the timeline of effects are always exactly the same as above.

What "People" are referring to is Peak Blood Plasma Levels.

Where the Hormone is at what is known as "Steady State".
Where Levels Rise and Fall within a 2-Fold Window.

To get to "Steady State", it will take between 4 to 5 Half-Lives of the Hormone in question.

So Test Enanthate has a Half-Life of 10.5 Days.
Times this by 4 to 5 and you have the answer.......................................... JP
P.S.
Test Cypionate has a Half-Life of 8 Days.
So it will hit a little sooner than Enanthate, but not by much.
Go down to Pharmacokinetics for the Half-Life.

https://www.drugs.com/pro/testosterone-cypionate.html

Last edited:
Within 20-30 hours the "peak" of any injected testosterone hits. it's the overlapping of the drugs metabolism that leads to increased levels.

I'm on TRT, same dose for 6 months. HCG causes an increase in libido in about 9 hours for me. 24-30 hours after my test injection the wife is steaming.

"kicking in" is a pretty relative term. If a cycle is getting drunk we don't want a buzz. Feel the relaxation as the first one sets in. We need several to overlap and send the blood alcohol up to whatever drunk we want.

When I first started TRT and actually got erections again I had a self induced increase. Beat him like he owed me money. It was more than likely psychological. by the time my TT peaked the effects were gone. Test was in the mix but the brain is amazing

Last edited:
Bottom line......if you are lower than optimal for you personally, then it is felt almost immediately. If you are normal or high normal then you dont notice it until around 3 weeks because as stated above.....the dose half life starts overlapping and you feel it when it gets your level to way above normal.

So, take in to account the above and the fact that people metabolize or process testosterone differently, and there you have your differing of experiences. I feel it ALWAYS around week 3. It gets a little.stronger from there.

In closing.....you said your natty level is low, so it makes sense that you would feel it pretty soon. Throw in that you may be a fast metabolizer and we can assume you would feel it VERY soon. Many people who are low feel their first shot within 36hrs.....so they say. I believe them

I don't remember mine but running 400ng/dL "natty" with no erections it was at something like 2-3 weeks. I run to of the range SHBG. Increase aromatozation and the entire P450 class of enzymes.

i think it's all in your head because you won't feel anything after one single shot of test E. 3 days later if you do another shot, you might feel little kicks here and there. i pin twice a week so by my 5th shot, i'm basically fully there and stop thinking when it'll kick in.

i think it's all in your head because you won't feel anything after one single shot of test E. 3 days later if you do another shot, you might feel little kicks here and there. i pin twice a week so by my 5th shot, i'm basically fully there and stop thinking when it'll kick in.

I can assure you it’s not psychological or placebo.

Literally I’ve not even been able to get my dick to stay hard for more than 60 seconds. Been like that for over a year. After my shot I had awesome sex 3 times the day after...

I can assure you it***8217;s not psychological or placebo.

Literally I***8217;ve not even been able to get my dick to stay hard for more than 60 seconds. Been like that for over a year. After my shot I had awesome sex 3 times the day after...

It can completely be placebo / psychological. The only way to rule it out is a double blind test so neither you or the person giving you a shot knows if it's real or not. Placebo ain't no punk.

Literally I***8217;ve not even been able to get my dick to stay hard for more than 60 seconds. Been like that for over a year. After my shot I had awesome sex 3 times the day after...
how can you assure me?

This is kind of covering it again but........if your levels have long been rock bottom then you could possibly feel something within 36 hours for sure. This is your level returning near normal....and since you have been low then normal seems "off the charts" , but I assure you normal. You will feel "off the charts" in a few weeks.

Keep in mind that the real kick may not seem as pronounced to you because you are so blown away by normal levels at this stage.

Also, when bros talk about test "kicking in" they are usually talking about the time when high test levels are sending your libido up, confidence through the roof, some aggression which can usually be isolated in the gym, and last BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST....actual strength and muscle gains. Strength and muscle gains come in when it peaks. Takes time to peak in your system with long esters and it takes time for muscle to really start building. When you hit this peak your muscles are at their best...for growing and for raw power.....THIS is the "kick in".

Hope this helps some.

Bottom line.....some of it is in your head and some of it is your body approaching normal. Normal Male testosterone levels feel great if you have been low

I feel you man, sorry that your going through this. What about TRT?
buddy of mine recovered after a bad cycle took around 3 months and then he was ok.

I feel you man, sorry that your going through this. What about TRT?
buddy of mine recovered after a bad cycle took around 3 months and then he was ok.

I’ve tried all kinds man: hcg, nolva, clomid ect. Nothing worked likely because I done a 1000mg per week cycle for over 18 months. Yeah, I know, I was a silly teen lol.

I know that I could just jump on TRT but I started this test cycle for other reasons than just to gain muscle. Of course I want the gains but I started a new career opportunity a few months ago. 8-10 months pathway to owning a face to face marketing company.

It’s basically an extremely aggressive program, 80 hours of work each week for the next 8 months at least. Leaving the house at 7am and getting home around midnight 7 days a week.

I’ve already fell behind in the program because my drive and confidence just wasn’t good enough.

I’m only like 3 pins into my cycle and to say the least things are massively improving. I’m high rolling most days and still getting home full of energy at 1am lol.

Of course I want the gains but the cycle definitely helps when you got to do 14 hour days and speak to 100+ random strangers every day with social anxiety lmao.

I***8217;ve tried all kinds man: hcg, nolva, clomid ect. Nothing worked likely because I done a 1000mg per week cycle for over 18 months. Yeah, I know, I was a silly teen lol.

I know that I could just jump on TRT but I started this test cycle for other reasons than just to gain muscle. Of course I want the gains but I started a new career opportunity a few months ago. 8-10 months pathway to owning a face to face marketing company.

It***8217;s basically an extremely aggressive program, 80 hours of work each week for the next 8 months at least. Leaving the house at 7am and getting home around midnight 7 days a week.

I***8217;ve already fell behind in the program because my drive and confidence just wasn***8217;t good enough.

I***8217;m only like 3 pins into my cycle and to say the least things are massively improving. I***8217;m high rolling most days and still getting home full of energy at 1am lol.

Of course I want the gains but the cycle definitely helps when you got to do 14 hour days and speak to 100+ random strangers every day with social anxiety lmao.

man with that kind of schedule your bound to stay fit alone. I used to do 14 hour days when i tended bar in Vegas and spoke to 300 random customers per day and also had social anxiety, its nothing a couple shots of tequila wont cure, lol. the scary part is you get used to it and depend on it.
just kidding but i feel you man.

I had "normal levels" with a TT of 400 and estrogen top of the range and Free T at the bottom of the range.

Before I was on TRT I had "social anxiety" lack of motivation and got tired easy. I can see it helping.

Some issues can be test/e related and other could be things like vitamins, sleep, stress, hydration. I worked 14-18;hours straight about 13 days straight in Iraq. Water, eating and sleeping!!! The impact of a killer work out is pretty obvious but the slow grinding can slowly wear us down.

Take good care of yourself forum bro!

man with that kind of schedule your bound to stay fit alone. I used to do 14 hour days when i tended bar in Vegas and spoke to 300 random customers per day and also had social anxiety, its nothing a couple shots of tequila wont cure, lol. the scary part is you get used to it and depend on it.
just kidding but i feel you man.

I bet tending a bar in Las Vegas was crazy work man. So many customers to deal with on a day to day basis.

I mean I’m definitely fit as it’s door to door sales. So I do on average 35-45000 steps per day lol. It’s an incredible opportunity for running an office in less than a year it’s just fucking hard work lol. Taking 95 no’s each day and still keeping your attitude at a 10/10 so you can still get the 5 sales out of them doors is crazy. Honestly without the testosterone I doubt I would make it another month in the program.

Plus people notice when your testosterone is low and it’s embarassing. I’ve had colleagues be like “Man, Why is your voice so high pitched?”

So I guess I just thought ‘fuck it’ get back on cycle and win!

I had "normal levels" with a TT of 400 and estrogen top of the range and Free T at the bottom of the range.

Before I was on TRT I had "social anxiety" lack of motivation and got tired easy. I can see it helping.

Some issues can be test/e related and other could be things like vitamins, sleep, stress, hydration. I worked 14-18;hours straight about 13 days straight in Iraq. Water, eating and sleeping!!! The impact of a killer work out is pretty obvious but the slow grinding can slowly wear us down.

Take good care of yourself forum bro!

You are definitely right bro. Same thing I had, tiredness, no motivation and social anxiety.

I mean couple weeks ago I was on a road trip. 14 hours on the field each day and I made 2 sales in 6 days. Started the cycle just a week ago and so far on 6 sales in the last 2 days alone. So the difference it’s 100% made is incredible.

To be honest man I know it’s sleep, vitamins and stress too. I eat takeaways most days just because I have 0 time to cook. If it’s not a takeaway then it’s sandwiches from shops or crisps/chocolate. I do hit all my macros though. Sleeps probably about 4-5 hours a night so not so bad.

Respect for Iraq man!! Take care brother.

May I ask how many times u inject each week? 500mg once? 250 twice?

I inject twice a week. 250mg in each pin. I’ve tried 500 pins but I don’t enjoy the peak then drops that you get over the week.

Thx, do you use any AI and if so how much?

No AI man. But eventually I will pick up some Adex to use low dose. I don’t really get estrogen sides even on 1000mg a week without AI. Little acne but that’s it.

Will definitely add an AI as said though just because really high estrogen actually increases risk factors for a stroke. Just to name one of the dangers.

No AI man. But eventually I will pick up some Adex to use low dose. I don***8217;t really get estrogen sides even on 1000mg a week without AI. Little acne but that***8217;s it.

Will definitely add an AI as said though just because really high estrogen actually increases risk factors for a stroke. Just to name one of the dangers.

1000mg with no sides ? Damn....that's great

Back