Will I even gain weight with this "bulking" diet?

gHalcon

I am 5' 5" at 128 lbs at maybe 10% bodyfat. I do weights 6 days a week.

I am starting the bulking phase for the first time and the idea of eating a lot overwhelms me. How do I know if I am gaining too fast, resulting in fat?

Please assist in my diet.

1) Breakfast (08:00 am)
---
Eggs - 2 fried large
Oatmeal - 1/2 cup
Mixed Veggies
Fish Oil

2) Mid Morning Snack (10:00 am)
---
Tuna - 1 small can

3) Pre-Workout (11:30 am)
---
Wheat Bread - 2 slices
Peanut Butter - 2 table spoons
Multivitamin

### WORKOUT (12:00 pm) ###

4) Post-Workout (01:00 pm)
---
Gemma Protein Shake - 1 scoop
Banana - 1 large

5) Post Post-Workout (02:00 pm)
---
Oatmeal - 1/2 cup
Chicken Breast or some lean meat
Mixed Veggies

6) Mid-Afternoon Snack (04:00 pm)
---
Nuts
Yogurt - 1 cup

7) Dinner (06:00 pm)
---
Oatmeal - 1/2 cup
Chicken Breast or some lean meat
Mixed Veggies
Fish Oil

8) Post Dinner (09:00 pm)
---
Peanut Butter - 2 table spoons
Gemma Protein Shake - 1 scoop

looks more like a cutting diet.. add more carbs like italian said and make your meals a little bigger

i;m no expert but you do need to eat more if you want to bulk. like Mr. M said more carbs for sure. i do 2 1300cal shakes @16oz in the morning mixed with 12 egg whites the 1st as soon as i wake up and the next on the drive into work. then around 9 i eat 2 egg omlet sandwiches with cheeder and half a ham steak. then lunch i go with 3 cans tuna 2 can oasters greek salad and pasta. snack is nuts and cottage cheese dinner steak 10oz spuds and pasta. i will change the steak for chicken or fish and the pasta for rice. for the most part this stays this way till i get tired of the same thing then i change it up. i'm a great cook and love to eat.
try somthing like that and that should put the weight on. also i have a shake for my snake before bed. eat eat work out masterbate and sleep that will make you grow.

Your worried about getting fat on that? Bud, you gotta pack some more into that, no wonder your skinny! You have to treat eating like it's your friggin job. More protein. More carbs. Just make sure that your eating clean, you don't need junk food all the time to put on size.

Your worried about getting fat on that? Bud, you gotta pack some more into that, no wonder your skinny! You have to treat eating like it's your friggin job. More protein. More carbs. Just make sure that your eating clean, you don't need junk food all the time to put on size.

There U have it!!:destroy:

I do weigh less than most of the female coworkers at work :(

I am afraid that if I crank up my food so fast that I would lose my 4-6 pack.

I will try and balance my meals throughout the week with the suggestions and see how it goes.

I will try and balance my meals throughout the week with the suggestions and see how it goes.

Cut your routine down too, 6 time a week is alot. When I worked out that much I had a hard time gaining too. 4 time a week very intence and heavy weight 6 to 10 reps. do the big movements like bench, squats, powercleans etc. The most important thing is that it takes time! if you put on 10lbs in a yr thats good. if you work out for 3 yrs you will be about 160lbs. alos its more important to be healthy than big.

Those fat bitches:eek2:

Lose your 4-6 pack??? Are you serious? At 148 I could give a crap about a 6pack. Just about everyone has a 6pack at 5'5 148lb. You need to bulk up hard for a few months and since it looks like you're a hardgainer you might still have it if you continue this clean diet.

The diet you posted is good, the problem is its too low cal for you to grow. You need to up your calories A LOT more. You can always shed any of the fat you put on now, later. MAN-UP and stop worrying about your little 6 pack and "eating too much", and START worrying about putting on some muscle.

Just some friendly word of advice!

Lose your 4-6 pack??? Are you serious? At 148 I could give a crap about a 6pack. Just about everyone has a 6pack at 5'5 148lb. You need to bulk up hard for a few months and since it looks like you're a hardgainer you might still have it if you continue this clean diet.

The diet you posted is good, the problem is its too low cal for you to grow. You need to up your calories A LOT more. You can always shed any of the fat you put on now, later. MAN-UP and stop worrying about your little 6 pack and "eating too much", and START worrying about putting on some muscle.

I agree 100%!!

Never realized that eating can be so hard. :p

Back