Will this work ?????????

Pinkman

I am banned!
Hi everyone. I hope you can take some time to read this (which is probably gonna be long, but I hope not), and help me out.
Before starting, I also wanna apologize for my english: it's not my first language, but I'll do my best.
So: I'm 20, 180cm, 70Kg.
I started lifting 3 years ago.
-On the first year I made some gains.
-On the second year, I didnt make any kind of gainz. I was running at 3K calories (thinking they were enough) and I though the problem of lacking gains was my training. So I switched many routines, Bill Starr, Smolov, and others, but nothing. I simply was not eating enough, but I didnt know at that time.
-Now, this year, I decided to take this srsly. I started at 3000 calories, which was supposed to be my maintenance, and increased to 3.3k.
At 3.3k I was still not gaining, but not even losing. So somehow 3.3k became my maintenance?!? I increased to 3.5k, then to 3.8k and so on. Now, after months (I was increasing 200kcals every 2-3 weeks) I'm at 4500, but I didnt gain weight since the beginning. I'm still at 70Kg. How is this possible? Anyway I cant stand eating that much, and now I'm gonna tell you why I'm here.
On forums people told me that Im supposed to gain weight with all those calories, and if this doesnt happen, its due to my training.
They said that my body with 3.5k has enough macros to build muscle, so im probably training bad.
Now, my answer is: lets say tomorrow I wake up and I train like Ronnie. According to them, ill gain muscle at 3.5k, coz im training good. So that means that with 3.5k I have those extra calories to build muscle right? But hey, I dont train like Ronnie, so where are those extra cals going? Am i gaining fat? No!
My training is even ok, once I reached 3.8k my lifts started going up well, and by training each muscle only once per week. I always have dooms tho, which means nothing I know, but I read somewhere that it can happen if you dont get enough calories. (Went from 3k to 4.5k and didnt gain, ok)
So the final question is:
I know that you gotta run a surplus when you want to take steroids, but for me? I cant reach a surplus, so can I get results on, lets say, 4k?

I'm 120kg. If I eat 4K cal a day I gain weight.

You're either not tracking calories correctly or you have a severe physical ailment. Try actually tracking your calories with an app like myfitnesspal or the like. My guess is you're eating far less than you think.

You've got some learning to do about diet. Your maintenance certainly isn't 3.3k. That's my maintenance and I'm almost twice your size. Read up in the diet section and eat up in the kitchen. Your far too young for AAS. Learn to eat!

So a 200lb man should eat 2000 calories? Sounds as legit as dbol in a creatine capsule.

I said it's a start, don't take it literally. Age and metabolism along with bf % plays a part as well, then add 1.2x - 1.5x for activity levels and start there. You can use different bar calculators as well. Look it up online. And those numbers are just to maintain said weight

Just did one on the net for a 200 lb 40 yr old male 5'09. Bmr came out to 1916 cal. You're right, I was way off...

Last edited:
I already use an app to track macros and calories. 150g fat, 210 fat, 570 cho on average

If you are truly eating that much and have been doing so consistently over time then I suggest you see a doctor for bloodwork. Make sure to get your thyroid checked.

Even if your training sucks you should still be gaining weight. The fact that you're neither gaining lean mass nor fat warrants further medical investigation.

Last edited:
Back