Women - best cycle for bigger glutes?

Takeo5

Hey guys

I'm not new to the forums, but first time posting.

If anyone can give me feedback on this I'd greatly appreciate it. My gf has been lifting for a few years now. She's very familiar with heavier weight training, and knows nutrition is key for everything. She's been interested in starting her own cycle to further grow bigger glutes, get leaner, and create more definition. She's just about to end a bulk too. If you need an idea of what she's going for, think Amanda Latona. She doesn't want to look like a physique competitor either. Basically, lean, mean, and a big-o behind...

What kind of cycle would you recommend to achieve this? And what exercises (if any in particular) would you recommend? I've already got her doing deadlifts, squats, leg press, lunges, and hip thrusts as mainstays. She separates her major muscle groups, but is working legs twice a week. By the way, I go thru my own cycle, but I want to make sure I know what the hell I'm doing for women. Won't have her begin until I've got the information I need. Oh, and she definitely wants to use compounds that won't be as rough. No winny. Anyways, I'll be doing more research, but thanks in advance!

squats will make that booty pop!!
has she reached her natty limitations yet or is she still making gains. w/o stats it like guess work here, but id suggest to make sure diet & training are dialed in tight before any thought of adding gear. Do that, if not already, and watch her grow more natty first.

this is all genetics and training specific . NO AAS compound is going to bring about the direct and specific body changes your looking for (if she takes VAR, the var has no clue she wants a big booty and and a tight waste)

squats will make that booty pop!!
has she reached her natty limitations yet or is she still making gains. w/o stats it like guess work here, but id suggest to make sure diet & training are dialed in tight before any thought of adding gear. Do that, if not already, and watch her grow more natty first.

She's been training hard like clock work the last 4-5 years. So, it's been the natty route up until now. It's tough for her to lean out the way she wants to even when she's on point with training and correct macros. (The women in her family have a natural skinny fat type of physique.) Only issue is she doesn't naturally have solid definition even when she leans out. (That's what she's really going for.) As for stats, right now she stands at 5'7, 156lbs, 26% body fat. This is all after her recent bulk. She normally sits around 140-145 lbs, at roughly 21-24% body fat. She's lifting about 5 days/week. Again, heavy training. She ain't about that bunny sh*t. Lol. Also, she already has a big-o behind. The woman just wants to get as redunkulous as possible without surgery. I will say she's knowledgeable about what it really takes to build her body. She's not like a bunch of girls who look up on Instagram thinking as long as she squats a million times a day she'll achieve her desired goals. Lol

Last edited:
this is all genetics and training specific . NO AAS compound is going to bring about the direct and specific body changes your looking for (if she takes VAR, the var has no clue she wants a big booty and and a tight waste)

Right. She has a rational understanding about the truths regarding spot training. She's just looking to reach her full potential with nutrition, heavy lifts, and a potential proper cycle in mind.

She's been training hard like clock work the last 4-5 years. So, it's been the natty route up until now. It's tough for her to lean out the way she wants to even when she's on point with training and correct macros. (The women in her family have a natural skinny fat type of physique.) Only issue is she doesn't naturally have solid definition even when she leans out. (That's what she's really going for.) As for stats, right now she stands at 5'7, 156lbs, 26% body fat. This is all after her recent bulk. She normally sits around 140-145 lbs, at roughly 21-24% body fat. She's lifting about 5 days/week. Again, heavy training. She ain't about that bunny sh*t. Lol

She should get her bf down another 10% from where it is now b4 AAS are added. IMO.
Good luck!!

how do you know she does not have solid definition ? she is at 26% bf, and she cuts down to around 21% bf,, that is not near low enough to see much definition . If she is going for the Amanda Latona look, then she needs to cut down to around 14% bf and see what she is working with. Keep hitting the weights hard and heavy, but get that diet in line. that would be first and foremost before considering running gear.

on a side note: I'm definitely not a fan of, or think its a good idea, for natural un-enhanced women to go on a 'bulk' . bulking and cutting works great for enhanced men , not so much for un-enhanced women.
just my 2 cents

She should get her bf down another 10% from where it is now b4 AAS are added. IMO.
Good luck!!

Just a question: aren't girls supposed to have higher bf percentages? Would 15-16% not be very low for a girl? I get guys cycle at 10-15% but wouldn't that equate to about 20-25% for women?

I have no idea, hence I would like to know. I'm sure OP would find it useful knowledge too.

OTG

Just a question: aren't girls supposed to have higher bf percentages? Would 15-16% not be very low for a girl? I get guys cycle at 10-15% but wouldn't that equate to about 20-25% for women?

I have no idea, hence I would like to know. I'm sure OP would find it useful knowledge too.

OTG

you are correct . 14-15% is fairly lean for a women . where as 10% is lean for a man . I would not advise any women to get down to 10% bf

note: and SOLDIER did NOT mean that the girl should get down to 10% bf ,, he meant she should get down 10% lower then where she is now

how do you know she does not have solid definition ? she is at 26% bf, and she cuts down to around 21% bf,, that is not near low enough to see much definition . If she is going for the Amanda Latona look, then she needs to cut down to around 14% bf and see what she is working with. Keep hitting the weights hard and heavy, but get that diet in line. that would be first and foremost before considering running gear.

on a side note: I'm definitely not a fan of, or think its a good idea, for natural un-enhanced women to go on a 'bulk' . bulking and cutting works great for enhanced men , not so much for un-enhanced women.
just my 2 cents

You've got a point about the body fat. She was roughly about 130lbs, 19% body fat about 6-7 years ago. This is before she began weight training or any exercise. I think what she needs to get past the fear of losing gains in her lower body when she's trying to lean out. She'll get to an "okay" maintenance stage, but will get nervous about losing more weight. Believe me. I know this is something she's gotta overcome. Personally, yes, I would prefer her body fat get in the high teens, stay there, and not cycle. Again, this is why I'm putting the question out there. Appreciate your feedback tho, brother.

Last edited:

OTG

She wants to get down to the mid teens. Wouldn't want to go any lower than that, and yes, women are supposed to have a higher body fat in comparison to us. She knows her system can start getting all out of whack if the body fat went too low. Haven't seen too many posts like this which is why I put it up, so hopefully a lot of folks are getting some good knowledge by the time it's done with.

Back