Womens Protein Powder

Jasminnn

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at getting back into training hard again (2 months off due to holidays and slackness!!) so it's time to pay a visit to the local supplement store and get some more protein powder before I start. I just wanted to know what you would all recommend, brand wise, acceptable price ranges and when to take what powder when (before powder and after powder).

I will be doing weight sessions of a morning so would you suggest taking protein powder beforehand or actually having a solid meat like oats, eggs, ect? When having a HITT cardio session would you also recommend protein powder afterwards or just a normal high protein dinner such as chicken and veggies?

I am looking at losing body fat and toning up. I am 19 years old, 167cm and 65kg. Estimated bf % is around 22-25% I'd say from pictures I've seen posted on here before. I'll train morning and nights 4 days a week, 2 days mornings only and 1 day off. This will include 3 night HITT cardio only based sessions and then the rest weight sessions with of course some light cardio at the end.

Please note I am based in Aus but could probably order protein from over seas if needed. Sorry as this is probably a repeated question, the internet is great for research but all the answers can contradict each other! Thanks for the help :)

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at getting back into training hard again (2 months off due to holidays and slackness!!) so it's time to pay a visit to the local supplement store and get some more protein powder before I start. I just wanted to know what you would all recommend, brand wise, acceptable price ranges and when to take what powder when (before powder and after powder).

I will be doing weight sessions of a morning so would you suggest taking protein powder beforehand or actually having a solid meat like oats, eggs, ect? When having a HITT cardio session would you also recommend protein powder afterwards or just a normal high protein dinner such as chicken and veggies?

I am looking at losing body fat and toning up. I am 19 years old, 167cm and 65kg. Estimated bf % is around 22-25% I'd say from pictures I've seen posted on here before. I'll train morning and nights 4 days a week, 2 days mornings only and 1 day off. This will include 3 night HITT cardio only based sessions and then the rest weight sessions with of course some light cardio at the end.

Please note I am based in Aus but could probably order protein from over seas if needed. Sorry as this is probably a repeated question, the internet is great for research but all the answers can contradict each other! Thanks for the help :)

Hi Jasminnn,

I usually only drink one whey protein shake a day, and I would say no more than 2 shakes a day is fine, relying too much on shakes will decrease your consumption of whole food sources.. If u do 2 servings u can take one before training & the second right after training...

U can either do a shake or u can have a meal (protein & carbs) (I usually have this meal 60 min before training before my workout) u want to go with 0.25g of prot & carbs per pound of your target body weigth)
if I have a 30 min window before my workout I shave a shake.
Your pre-workout meal gives your body the "fuel" it needs to perform during your workout.

Post workout I usually go with a protein shake, it gets absorved faster & u want to replenish & help those muscles recover as fast as possible.
If u have a meal post workout make sure it consists of (carbs & protein) & make sure is no more than 60 min post workout. (u want to do 0.25g of carbs & protein per target body weight)

As far as what kind of protein, I think u can't go wrong with Whey unless your lactose intolorant, it's fairly inexpensive, just make sure u buy a brand that's low in sugar/carbs & if trying to lose fat.

At night u want to stick with casein protein.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Back