Workout Routine

Jasminnn

Hi everyone,

Just wanting some help on info about weights. I know I won't bulk up but instead get a more defined look which I love! The bottom of my arms/wrists are thin but the top of my arms when not tense arn't the best. Is there an exercise that you could recommend to try target this area especially the under arm muscles?

There are so many weight machines at my gym to chose from that I don't know what ones would be a waste of time as another machine may target the same area plus more. Could anyone give me a sample of machines to use for arms, chest and legs. I don't need to know what weight as everyone is at different levels and I adjust as I go.

I have gotten a gym routine done up before but these days I feel like they just gives the same out to all the girls. here seems like a more trustworthy honest answer. Thanks for your help everyone and happy new year!

Hey Jasmin, how is Australia treating you?

Your wrist won't get too much bigger. There is very little muscle around the wrist and if it grows it won't grow very much very fast. Wrist curls and those little tension balls build up mostly your forearm muscles near your elbow. So unless you pack on weight or go back in time and get better genetics you will just naturally have small wrists.

You can hold a dumb bell straight out and twist them back and forth like you do to open a doorknob. I heard it helps build the muscles around the wrist as well as the top and bottom of the forearm.

Also, sitting on the end of a bench with a barbell in your hands. Your elbows should be on your knees your wrist should be sitting on your knees, letting your hands hang off (PALMS UP) while holding the weight. Roll the weight down and curl it up.

Buy a tension ball or tension springs.

What do you mean by the 'top of my arms'? Your triceps, biceps, shoulders??

Last edited:
Hiiii :) australia is going great although it could be a bit more summery for my liking haha! Sorry I didn't mean I wanted my wrists to thicken, I like them how they are I just thought it was weird my wrists and triceps seem so small and tight compared to my biceps, therefore wanted to tighten my biceps. Do you have any favorite bicep work outs you would recommend?

Haha...it is "winter" here in Georgia, USA and it's like 75 degrees outside.

If you really want better looking arms that look toned, tight you might want to focus more on your tricep. They make up 2/3rd of your arm and building them up will make your arm look good in general.

Some bicep exercises you can do:

1) Preacher curl
2) Straight Barbell curl not E-Z curl bar (also builds up forearm and really works them bi's)
3) Close grip, palms-facing-you pullups
4) Cable Machine Curls Burnouts with E-Z Bar attachment (Start at a low weight and do as many as you can then move up heavier two pins in the cable weight and do as many as you can until you can't go any heavier and/or you can't do anymore. Exhausting to your bicep and really works your small and large muscle fibers for tight biceps.)
5) Dumbbell curls and/or hammer curls (Dumbell heads during hammer curls should be pointing vertical when pulling them up like you're about to hit a nail with the head of the hammer).

Triceps:
1) Tricep pushdown on Cable Machine with rope attachment.
2) Tricep kickbacks
3) Overhead Tricep Extension with dumbbell weight
4) Seated dips for tricep

You will get good results by doing 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps on most of these exercises (minus burnouts if you DO do them). Make sure you select a weight where you struggle considerably around 12-15 reps so the muscle fibers are challenged.

Make sure you do GOOD FORM. No swinging the weight up, etc. Make your arms do the work, not your back, shoulders, or any other part of your body by using momentum.

Last edited:
Wow sounds great to me! Thanks for your help I'll definitely be adding it into my work out :) I want to think the legs as slot o people do to....I know cardio is very important but I love muscle outline. Would cardio morning for half an hour and half an hour again before weights achieve this?

Depends on what you are trying to achieve? Are you trying to lose weight, build muscle, get lean? What are your goals with weight lifting?

Good advice from Georgia on the arms.
For legs, best things to do are Squats, Deadlifts, and Calf Raises. These exercises are your best bet to get tighter, thicker legs. If you're really set on using machines, you can substitute these with Leg Press, Leg Curls, and Calf Raises.
For chest, do DB Flys, Incline DB Press, and a Bench Press. Once again, if you're set on using machines, these 3 exercises have their equivalent for the machines.
The rep range should essentially be around 12-16 for 4 sets. Form is essential. Really concentrate on not just the positive rep, but the negative also. Make sure to eliminate any momentum because you're trying to burn the muscle not help it out!

Pretty much a lot of what you said....I'm not worried about the scales but what I see in the mirror. I want to reduce fat to allow muscle definition to be seen more which is why I'm weight lifting. Not looking at competing or any of that, just want the gym junkie ripped look haha. All the leg work outs mentioned are in my routine already so that's good to know I've got that right :) thank you both much appreciated! :)

would encourage you to check bodybuilding.com and specifically go to the workout programs section and read some of the stickied posts. I have also heard great things about New Rules of Weightlifting for Women but I've not read it.

I would do cardio after weight training or on a separate day.

As far as muscle groupings, I would recommend either a full body program done 3/week, or an upper-lower split done 4/week, such that it would be something like:

Upper A
Lower A
rest
Upper B
Lower B
rest
rest

or something along those lines.

Back