WTF Chicago White Sox?

SwedishCougar

Sports Anchor
I don't know if it's only me but I'm really tired of all this good "luck" happening to the White Sox. The botched call vs. the Angels which I thought was horrible, the hit by pitch of Dye which clearly hit the bat. I think A.J. Pierzynski is a Grade A numbnuts and I can't wait till I don't have to see his chubby face and his stalker-like haircut on tv again. Am I the only one feeling this way?

Let me say this first, I am a White Sox fan so I am a little biased.

As far as all the "good luck", ya we have gotten most of the calls. But honestly you can't hold it against the players for the umpires actions. The whole A.J. Pierzynski was a huge deal AFTER the fact that the replay was made available. During the time I could easily see how the ball may have hit the dirt, so for him to simply run to first was nothing more than him making the umpire clearly state his decision. I would call that being a smart player, he put the pressure on the ump and the ump was unsure. Not to mention that for a ball that close to the dirt the Angels catcher should have put the tag on, as almost all catchers do in that situation (including A.J.)

Besidse the calls we have had go our way, we are a good baseball team which alot of people seem to ignore. We swept the Indians in our last series of the regular season, swept Boston in the ALDS, lost 1 to the Angels, and are up to 2 in the World Series. I think many people want to give these few incidents more credit than the actual playing of the White Sox or the bad play of our opponents.

Chicago sport teams have had enough bad luck in our history that having a few calls go our way amazes us just as much as you.

aceman said:
amen..go white sox :rockband:

The CEO of our company is Mr. Southside Chicago, our entire company is in celebration mode. I hope they take it all the way, maybe we will all get bonuses.

SwedishCougar said:
Pierzynski is a Grade A numbnuts and I can't wait till I don't have to see his chubby face and his stalker-like haircut on tv again.
True. The not-so-slim catcher's got some issues. I wouldn't let my kids be within a block of his house.

Go Astros.

Last edited:
Irish Lad, Those pictures are great. I recommend everyone to look at Irish Lad's link. I especially like the one where he is holding the whipped cream can and nibbling on the neck. Thanks Irish Lad.

I wonder if Ozzie's beard tickles the kiddie's faces when he makes out with them. Hooray for gay baseball managers.

Today at work it was a celebration we did nothing outside of celebrating. I spent my entire day stuffing my face with shrimp, scallops, salmon and filet mignon--Thank you White Sox!

huskyguy said:
Today at work it was a celebration we did nothing outside of celebrating. I spent my entire day stuffing my face with shrimp, scallops, salmon and filet mignon--Thank you White Sox!

NICE

Last edited:
Back