Yoga and training

dealah33

As weightlifters, we forget the importance of flexibility and how critical it is to our long term health.

Does anyone do Yoga while lifting ?

I was thinking once a week, specifically the p90x Yoga DVD aside from regular powerlifting at the gym on my cycle.

Thoughts ?

I've done p90 yoga good stuff hard as hell I'd like to do it again just been lazy to go through the pain lol my gym has it too lots of hot women someday I will

I've tried the yoga classes at my gym, but they incorporate too much pilates and cardio for me to fit it in to my schedule. However, I will find good yoga / stretching routines on youtube and perform them or incorporate them into my pre and post workout stretches. I probably stretch at least 10 minutes before and ten minutes after lifting, sometimes more. On cardio days I stretch probably 30 minutes.

I'm not against it at all. In fact some of it is very difficult and I usually assume that things that are difficult are what I should be doing. However, it's difficult to the point that it could interfere with my workout on a heavy lifting day, and I'm usually too spent after a HIIT session to perform yoga. I simply can't effectively fit it into my schedule.

I like to do yoga because its a best way to get flexibility and strength. Yoga provides us health and fitness. Its a natural way to make our body strong and healthy. I think everyone should do yoga and some this kind of activity.

Back