young with possible low test

bigfit89

Good afternoon everyone. I am not nor have I ever used steroids. I'm asking for advice as many of you know the values and knowledge more than most people. I am a 25 year old male with decreasing testosterone.

At 23 I had my levels tested and my total T was about 350.

Just a few weeks ago i had my levels tested again.

Total 253
free T 7.26 ng dl
free T percent 2.9%
SBH 14.3 nmol L

My doctor said my levels are fine and nothing to be worried about. But my knowledge says otherwise. At the age of 25 my testosterone should be at least 3x this. Is this time for new doctor?

TT of 253 and 350 are not normal at your age. Average is around 600. Did you get the blood work done first thing in the morning?

TT of 253 and 350 are not normal at your age. Average is around 600. Did you get the blood work done first thing in the morning?

Thank you for replying.

Yes, both where done early morning around 830-9am. (They won't do the test if its past 10am).

I have not had any head trauma or concussions.

I get roughly 8-8.5 hours of sleep

I am a large male, 6'1'' about 260 pounds. I'm not fat and have quite a bit of muscle. I'll upload a picture soon. My diet; I used to be very vigilant about calories, measureing, weighing, making sure I hit a 25% fat, 30-40% carb and 35-40% protein at around 2300 calories give or take depending on my work outs and weight.

Now, i don't measure very much anymore but still keep diet pretty clean. Loosing weight always been a battle that I don't win.

For medications and supplements I take....

50mg of Adderall
multivitamin (orange triad)
Fish oil
Magnesium
and occasionally red panax ginseng

Thank you for replying.

Yes, both where done early morning around 830-9am. (They won't do the test if its past 10am).

I have not had any head trauma or concussions.

I get roughly 8-8.5 hours of sleep

I am a large male, 6'1'' about 260 pounds. I'm not fat and have quite a bit of muscle. I'll upload a picture soon. My diet; I used to be very vigilant about calories, measureing, weighing, making sure I hit a 25% fat, 30-40% carb and 35-40% protein at around 2300 calories give or take depending on my work outs and weight.

Now, i don't measure very much anymore but still keep diet pretty clean. Loosing weight always been a battle that I don't win.

For medications and supplements I take....

50mg of Adderall
multivitamin (orange triad)
Fish oil
Magnesium
and occasionally red panax ginseng

I am not a diet expert by any means, but we have several of them here fortunately. Some are on TRT themselves. But if you are 260lbs and only eating 2300 calories daily, you might be in too much of a deficit. Calorie restriction can affect your hormone levels. Hopefully one of them will chime in here when they get a chance.

Have you ever worked with a diet coach?

Just curious - have you ever tried getting off the adderal?

I am not a diet expert by any means, but we have several of them here fortunately. Some are on TRT themselves. But if you are 260lbs and only eating 2300 calories daily, you might be in too much of a deficit. Calorie restriction can affect your hormone levels. Hopefully one of them will chime in here when they get a chance.

Have you ever worked with a diet coach?

Just curious - have you ever tried getting off the adderal?

2300 wasn't exact amount. I increased calories in heavier gym days and as I lost a few pounds I'd constantly re-adjust for my RMR for a 400-500 calorie deficit. Theirs not much a diet coach is going to tell me that i don't already know, no offense.

Yes, i have tried getting off the addy. Sadly, without it, I don't have motivation or concentration to go to school, go to gym, or anything. I do occasionally take few days; up to a week off when i can but those weeks i don't have energy to exercise or focus. Long story short, i can't get off them yet.

Sleep apnea; I've asked my GF if she noticed me having any breathing issues while I sleep (I'm aware, sleep study much better to rule it out) and said no. I'll eventually make an appointment to rule it out.

My symptoms besides my lab work are.

fatigue, low sex drive, ED, general lack of motivation, general hair loss(more on scalp) weight loss difficulty, easily irritatable at times are major symptoms that I can think of now.

I'm sure a couple of the symptoms are caused by the Adderall, but majority of them where their before I started taking them.

No, not the whole night, I'd be creeped out. But all the time she has been awake and I asleep, she never noticed. But again, sleep lab is best place to find out.

My blood pressure is actually very good, siting around perfect 120/70.

I do appreciate everyone's help!

Quite a number of Adderall users report lowered testosterone levels. I think that you should bring this up with a doctor experienced with TRT. I wouldn't want test levels in your range at any age.

Quite a number of Adderall users report lowered testosterone levels. I think that you should bring this up with a doctor experienced with TRT. I wouldn't want test levels in your range at any age.

I've have only heard of low testosterone in Adderall users in very seldom cases. Out of all my medical school books, drug books and research their is no say about it actually lowering testosterone levels. Which points me more towards the patients or persons having low testosterone to begin with. But it would be an interesting study to know more.

I will however have to find a decent endocrinologist since many normal family practical doctors don't believe in young low testosterone men.

I've have only heard of low testosterone in Adderall users in very seldom cases. Out of all my medical school books, drug books and research their is no say about it actually lowering testosterone levels. Which points me more towards the patients or persons having low testosterone to begin with. But it would be an interesting study to know more.

I will however have to find a decent endocrinologist since many normal family practical doctors don't believe in young low testosterone men.

Strange bro, I found a number of references to adderall users and lowered testosterone in a five minute gogol search.

Strange bro, I found a number of references to adderall users and lowered testosterone in a five minute gogol search.

Then I'd like the links that say it CAUSED low testosterone. Yes, plenty of info on people having low testosterone getting HRT while taking Adderall. Wash out the bro science, and non-researched information on discussion boards and your left simply with nothing. As mentioned previously, there should be research done if ADD/ADHD people have lower testosterone.

I'm not trying to be rude, it's that you can't bring hear say information to a doctors office. They hate when you bring online information so if I have too, it's going to need research and evidence based info. Again, sorry if I come off rude. It's just very frustrating.

Back