1 year old Test E powder?

shaq

Hi all

I had 50 grams of test e powder that I home brewed 35 grams of last spring. I used DTones recipe and was super happy with everything. I never got around to brewing the last 15 grams. I have had the 15 grams stored at room temperature in 2 ziploc baggies in an envelope for the past year. I just went to check the 15 grams out and the powder was sort of solidified - not really powder any more. Does anyone know if I can still brew this up?

Thanks in advance
Shaq

As long as there is no discoloration, I would still use it personally. You just need to melt it down and it will be like normal

Hi all

I had 50 grams of test e powder that I home brewed 35 grams of last spring. I used DTones recipe and was super happy with everything. I never got around to brewing the last 15 grams. I have had the 15 grams stored at room temperature in 2 ziploc baggies in an envelope for the past year. I just went to check the 15 grams out and the powder was sort of solidified - not really powder any more. Does anyone know if I can still brew this up?

Thanks in advance
Shaq

Hi All

I Just wanted to bump my own thread. I cooked the 1 year old test up and was happy with everything. Cycle is going well and I can't notice anything difference between the 1 year old test and previous batches that were prepared in a timely manner. It might have taken a little longer to melt or dissolve when i was mixing it. I won't let that happen again though. Next time I'll cook that shit up right away!!!

Best Regards
Shaq

I won't let that happen again though. Next time I'll cook that shit up right away!!!

glad its all good. 1 year old powder isnt very old tbh.

if your worried about gear going off id rather leave it in powder form and then brew it when your ready to use vs brewing a big batch up straight away and letting it sit in the oil for a long time. gear will generally last longer in powder form compared to sitting in oil for a long period of time.

Congrats to you, mate. Also, I agree with what kataklysum said. It will last longer in powder form. If you brewed the powder right away, the heat could cause degradation to speed up.

Congrats to you, mate. Also, I agree with what kataklysum said. It will last longer in powder form. If you brewed the powder right away, the heat could cause degradation to speed up.

Hey thanks for the info. I'll have to keep that in mind for my next go round. I have to tell you though I found the best place to store my brewed oil - IN MY QUADS!!!!

Hey thanks for the info. I'll have to keep that in mind for my next go round. I have to tell you though I found the best place to store my brewed oil - IN MY QUADS!!!!

Hahaha! For me, it's my buttocks! They're the best storage sites, ever :D.

It will begin to melt at a low temperature so as you encroach upon it the powder will combine into larger granular clumps and eventually seem to solidify if it is allowed to cool before it melts, a year is fine though. Brew it!!

Back