12 weeks into Test-E cycle and no noticeable change in hair - Am I in the clear?

jdg86

For a while I couldn't tell if I was shedding hair on 500mg/week of test-e or just looking more for hair loss and finding it since I was becoming neurotic about it. I'm on week 12 and in the mirror my hair doesn't look different from what I can tell, both in terms of hairline and thickness, but I do find some hairs on my hand in the shower. I wear a hat all day though too so maybe what I naturally shed just gets trapped on my head and I wash it out later.

Anyways, I was hoping to know what I would see by now if I was experiencing any shedding from guys who lost hair on Test-E. I'm guessing you'd be pulling out tufts of hair more than you would a few strands at a time right? Especially for those who have naturally thick hair?

How long is the normal consensus? Aren't some cycles only 12 weeks to begin with?

Yes a beginner cycle would be about 12 weeks to begin with. But did you expect to go bald over night ? Male pattern baldness is determined by your genetics either you are prone or you aren't AAS will only speed up the process. But no matter what changes won't occur over night. Hope this answers your question.

Yes a beginner cycle would be about 12 weeks to begin with. But did you expect to go bald over night ? Male pattern baldness is determined by your genetics either you are prone or you aren't AAS will only speed up the process. But no matter what changes won't occur over night. Hope this answers your question.

I expected to notice a change in 12 weeks, yes.

Agreed. I've heard the myth of how AAS will make you go bald. I've also heard of how it will make you grow more back hair lol. Just like stated above, its all about genetics. AAS doesnt change that.

Last edited:
my thoughts on this is that if you are afraid of being bald don't consider using aas.....just like everybody else said it is genetics but I'm my experience it will speed up the process....or is that just my genetics??? Who knows!!!

So nobody knows what the "symptoms" of AAS-induced hair loss would be? Like what I would be experiencing? I know it's genetics. I just don't know if I HAVE those genetic traits and that's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm 12 weeks in, my hair seems to look the same.

So nobody knows what the "symptoms" of AAS-induced hair loss would be? Like what I would be experiencing? .

yes i know .. hair loss is the number one symptom. if your not experiencing this common symptom, then your probably not experiencing hair loss ;)

So nobody knows what the "symptoms" of AAS-induced hair loss would be? Like what I would be experiencing? I know it's genetics. I just don't know if I HAVE those genetic traits and that's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm 12 weeks in, my hair seems to look the same.

Then you're clear it would seem

AAS made by beard thicker but I've noticed my hairline receding, but the receding hailing is genetic, I think it just accelerated it some

AAS made by beard thicker but I've noticed my hairline receding, but the receding hailing is genetic, I think it just accelerated it some

Yeah I know it just speeds up the inevitable. I'm 30 years old and didn't have really any receding or thinning prior. It does run on my mom's side of my family but not every male showed it and nobody lost all of their hair. In my case, no facial hair changes really, I still have some patches, no body hair growth. Not sure if that correlates to DHT levels or not or if they're all linked. The thing is, I never paid attention to my hair or natural shedding prior to starting my cycle. It's something I only look at now

Yeah I know it just speeds up the inevitable. I'm 30 years old and didn't have really any receding or thinning prior. It does run on my mom's side of my family but not every male showed it and nobody lost all of their hair. In my case, no facial hair changes really, I still have some patches, no body hair growth. Not sure if that correlates to DHT levels or not or if they're all linked. The thing is, I never paid attention to my hair or natural shedding prior to starting my cycle. It's something I only look at now
did your grandfather have that issue? sometimes it skips generations. in my case it did. just saying.

if you are genetically predisposed to mpb, steroids will accelerate the process. If you are you will have no problems with hair loss.

Back