158 LB 6Ft new.. Used to be Amateur Boxer

TahsRealm

I am confused on what to do. Summer is coming up and I do not want to be fat (which I am not) but when I put on weight, most of it goes to my stomach..
I only have 12 1/2 inch biceps as well..
It was recommended to me by a personal trainer that since my BMR is 1900, I should up to 2400/ day for a 500 calorie increase per day which would add up to 1LB a week for a clean, slow bulk. He recommended Amino Acids which I will go and buy and add into the mix as well..
I want to get my abs back and have the cut look for the summer, but at the same time I don't want to look small.
Currently I am taking multivitamins, whey protein, and CON CRET Creatine. I eat clean (nuts, grilled chicken, salads, brown rice, broccoli, carrots, apples and bananas occasionally, string beans, etc)
I take a GAT Nitraflex Pre workout with T Boosting Formula, and I take Eqip Testosterone Booster.
I'm wondering what are your thoughts on this?
Also I am thinking about taking Ostarine at 25MG a day which is a SARM. The product I am taking (off the shelves now I believe) is called Kempo Lycan which has a blend that includes 20MG of Ostarine in a pill each day.. Wondering if you guys think that will be effective?

the only thing on your list that is proven to be effective is the vitamins, whey protein, and creatine . and of course the most effective thing on your list is the 'grilled chicken' . everything else you can live without and just spend more $ on quality food. test boosters, even if they help increase your natural test to some degree, will do nothing at all for muscle building or performance.

if your putting on fat when your bulk , I would look at your macro breakdown and dial in your diet .. but I'd really look at your training. you need to be training for hypertrophy and mass, other wise your added calories will go towards fat storage and not towards muscle building.

the only thing on your list that is proven to be effective is the vitamins, whey protein, and creatine . and of course the most effective thing on your list is the 'grilled chicken' . everything else you can live without and just spend more $ on quality food. test boosters, even if they help increase your natural test to some degree, will do nothing at all for muscle building or performance.

if your putting on fat when your bulk , I would look at your macro breakdown and dial in your diet .. but I'd really look at your training. you need to be training for hypertrophy and mass, other wise your added calories will go towards fat storage and not towards muscle building.

From what people tell me. I need to look at my TDEE and eat above that to gain weight. My BMR is 1950 and with TDEE adds to 3022 calories / day..

Nutrition is the hardest part of this shit..

From what people tell me. I need to look at my TDEE and eat above that to gain weight. My BMR is 1950 and with TDEE adds to 3022 calories / day..

Nutrition is the hardest part of this shit..

your probably doing way way too much cardio for training .. stop the cardio all together ! just train hard and heavy with weights, no cardio. then eat around 3800 calories to start, if your not growing fast enough, then eat more.
if you want to 'clean bulk' from where you are at and not put on any fat or water , with no AAS, then do it slow and steady , over a period of a year or two. but don't expect to get big, and be ripped, by summer. have realistic goals

your probably doing way way too much cardio for training .. stop the cardio all together ! just train hard and heavy with weights, no cardio. then eat around 3800 calories to start, if your not growing fast enough, then eat more.
if you want to 'clean bulk' from where you are at and not put on any fat or water , with no AAS, then do it slow and steady , over a period of a year or two. but don't expect to get big, and be ripped, by summer. have realistic goals

Don't expect to be big and ripped by the summer but I do think I could get my abs in shape by late June if I do cut and I won't look like I have fat on my stomach area.. I walk on incline because it puts your body in the fat burning zone.

Don't expect to be big and ripped by the summer but I do think I could get my abs in shape by late June if I do cut and I won't look like I have fat on my stomach area.. I walk on incline because it puts your body in the fat burning zone.

your main issue is -- your caught in-between two totally different goals, one is to burn fat and have abs. the other is too get big and add on size.

you need to decide which one you want to do and accomplish FIRST, then go back and do the other . but your going NO WHERE trying to do both at the same time

your main issue is -- your caught in-between two totally different goals, one is to burn fat and have abs. the other is too get big and add on size.

you need to decide which one you want to do and accomplish FIRST, then go back and do the other . but your going NO WHERE trying to do both at the same time

Based on the pictures I put up in my earlier response, do you think I should slowly put on weight or I should cut down and just stay cut for summer?

Based on the pictures I put up in my earlier response, do you think I should slowly put on weight or I should cut down and just stay cut for summer?

personally I would look to add on a good 25 pounds . Once you've done that and you have put on more muscle, it will be easier to cut from there because of all the new muscle mass you metabolism will be faster

personally I would look to add on a good 25 pounds . Once you've done that and you have put on more muscle, it will be easier to cut from there because of all the new muscle mass you metabolism will be faster

thanks my friend. do you think it matters if clean or dirty bulk? Clean as in eat 500 cals above my bmr+tdee to do the 1lb/week to minimize fat gain. Or should I start back up with the serious mass shakes and my eating which would bump me to about 4500 calories a day.. I can add Ostarine into the mix to assist with the lean muscle gains with it. With the dirty bulk I think I would be able to get to 175-180 by late July and then cut down for August/Early September.. Once again, thanks for your support and decency on helping me with this..

thanks my friend. do you think it matters if clean or dirty bulk? Clean as in eat 500 cals above my bmr+tdee to do the 1lb/week to minimize fat gain. Or should I start back up with the serious mass shakes and my eating which would bump me to about 4500 calories a day.. I can add Ostarine into the mix to assist with the lean muscle gains with it. With the dirty bulk I think I would be able to get to 175-180 by late July and then cut down for August/Early September.. Once again, thanks for your support and decency on helping me with this..

its going to depend on your activities, lifestyle, training program, and metabolism . you'll be better off if you can concentrate all your energy on weight training and nothing else (limit outdoor activity and no cardio) and that will help with additional calories going towards putting on the right kind of mass.

if you 'clean bulk' but your in a pretty heavy calorie surplus, then it may be difficult to meet your daily calories needs with chicken, rice, and broccoli .. so its easier to get a little 'dirty' once in awhile and eat more calorie dense food (eg., eat the whole chicken, dark meat, fat, and skin .. not just the chicken breast)

if you find your putting on too much fat, then back of the calories a bit. you'll need carbs to fuel your muscles and the heavy workouts, but you can always back them down a bit if your putting on fat (I would not back off on the protein though).

SARMS may of may not help -- the verdict is still out. But would be interesting to see if they do help you

its going to depend on your activities, lifestyle, training program, and metabolism . you'll be better off if you can concentrate all your energy on weight training and nothing else (limit outdoor activity and no cardio) and that will help with additional calories going towards putting on the right kind of mass.

if you 'clean bulk' but your in a pretty heavy calorie surplus, then it may be difficult to meet your daily calories needs with chicken, rice, and broccoli .. so its easier to get a little 'dirty' once in awhile and eat more calorie dense food (eg., eat the whole chicken, dark meat, fat, and skin .. not just the chicken breast)

if you find your putting on too much fat, then back of the calories a bit. you'll need carbs to fuel your muscles and the heavy workouts, but you can always back them down a bit if your putting on fat (I would not back off on the protein though).

SARMS may of may not help -- the verdict is still out. But would be interesting to see if they do help you
But you don't think I should just go ape shit on calories until I hit a higher weight and than cut it down? Because I'd look much bigger

But you don't think I should just go ape shit on calories until I hit a higher weight and than cut it down? Because I'd look much bigger

personally , when I dirty bulk I just simply try and get as many possible calories in a day as I can. nothing wrong with doing that to start putting the pounds on and see what happens, you can always cut back if need be.
- eat an entire meat lovers pizza for breakfast
- eat a whole chicken for lunch
- 3 triple cheesburgers for a snack
- 4 cups of ice cream as your post workout carbs

^^ 8000 calories right there. your bound to put on size

I personally would try to do a clean bulk for as many as the calories as you can, then dirty the rest of them once you reach the "I cannot possibly eat any more" stage. That way you have less fat to have to lose later on.

personally , when I dirty bulk I just simply try and get as many possible calories in a day as I can. nothing wrong with doing that to start putting the pounds on and see what happens, you can always cut back if need be.
- eat an entire meat lovers pizza for breakfast
- eat a whole chicken for lunch
- 3 triple cheesburgers for a snack
- 4 cups of ice cream as your post workout carbs

^^ 8000 calories right there. your bound to put on size

I personally would try to do a clean bulk for as many as the calories as you can, then dirty the rest of them once you reach the "I cannot possibly eat any more" stage. That way you have less fat to have to lose later on.

Thanks friends I'm going to start this tonight.. Off to make a Serious Mass shake.. 1600 cals before bed ;)

Stop relying on all those supplements 90% of what you're taking aren't doing you any good. Protein powder, vitamins and creatine is great but the rest you can stop spending your money on.

Instead start focusing on your diet as that's the reason why you ain't bigger or leaner for that matter. Diet is key when it comes to sculpting your body.

I wouldn't recommend starting at 3800 calories like Roush said, but he made a great point you have to eat like your life depended on it.

3000 calories would be a great start depending on your activity levels and so on. weigh yourself in the morning on the same day at approx. the same time once a week. If you ain't gaining up your calories by a 100 until you reach the desired pace of your weight gaining journey.

And like Roush also said I would not recommend for you to cut down at the moment. If you think you look small now wait until you are at a lower bf% as a natural you'll look like a person who came out of concentration camp unless you have a serious frame or stay at a higher bf%.

Last edited:
Back