19 year old going on cycle, Need Advice

Younggun420

Hey all, Ive finally got my training schedule and Diet down to a science now and am thinking about going on a cycle. I know a lot of people will say "Dont do it." If you must say that please back it with STRONG evidence that might turn me away from it. But other then that I would just Appreciate advice.

I train 5 days a week and have been training for about 1 year now. My bodyweight has came from 140-175LBS and lots of noticable muscle. Cant seem to break the 175 barrier and would like to get more muscular and lean by using juice.

Is this a good starter cycle:

Sustenon 250- 0.5ml every 3 days - 10 weeks

Deca durabolin 300 - 0.5 ml every 3 days - 10 weeks

Nolvadex - 3 weeks after last shot 25MG a day for 4 weeks

Cycle off

My friend has recommended this cycle to me and will be helping me through it, He Is VERY knowledgeable about body-building and gear. Knowing that what do you guys think?

Hey all, Ive finally got my training schedule and Diet down to a science now and am thinking about going on a cycle. I know a lot of people will say "Dont do it." If you must say that please back it with STRONG evidence that might turn me away from it. But other then that I would just Appreciate advice.

I train 5 days a week and have been training for about 1 year now. My bodyweight has came from 140-175LBS and lots of noticable muscle. Cant seem to break the 175 barrier and would like to get more muscular and lean by using juice.

Is this a good starter cycle:

Sustenon 250- 0.5ml every 3 days - 10 weeks

Deca durabolin 300 - 0.5 ml every 3 days - 10 weeks

Nolvadex - 3 weeks after last shot 25MG a day for 4 weeks

Cycle off

My friend has recommended this cycle to me and will be helping me through it, He Is VERY knowledgeable about body-building and gear. Knowing that what do you guys think?

Training for 1 year is nothing. You don't even have a solid base with just a year - you risk some serious damage to your tendons (they won't keep up with the muscle gain). Your growth plates will close and you won't get any taller. At age 19 your body is a crock pot of hormones and I seriously don't know why you wouldn't continue to take advantage of that until at least 23-25. Not to mention, you run the risk of messing your self up, for life - since your not done developing yet. I could continue to blather on, but your just not ready. Come back in 3 years, with solid diet and training.

Your purposed cycle design is a disaster. Don't do it. Your "friend" should increase his knowledge..

First off, you're to young. Second, that's not a good opening cycle. The first cycle should consist of Test only, then you slowly introduce others as you go along.

Youre too young, you misspelled Sustanon...Youre not taking Nolva properly, need i continue? 19 is very young and as stated you have not even come close to reaching your natural potential which is what u should do before considering juice. Sust/deca is a popular cycle for experienced users but shouldnt be your first cycle IMO. If you are going to do this, have your nolva on hand and start taking it either 2-3 weeks into your cycle or as soon as u start to feel anything estrogenic like tender nipples, continues taking nolva until your cycle finishes and after about 2 weeks begin takin clomid. These are designed to prevent too much estrogen uptake from ruining your gains while helping to restore your natural test levels. Ever heard of deca-dick? Have proper PCT or youre rolling the dice

To be honest with you, here are some points to consider:

1. One, you are too young. At 19 years old, you should have top notch testosterone levels unless you eat cheetoes, drink beer all day and jack off your dog!! So, it is not advised to start at your age. I started around your age and knowing what I know now, I would have waited.

2. Your first cycle should consist of test only. Remember, you are a newbie to steroids so you will want to see how one compound works with you if you choose to cycle anyway. I am in to long ester gear so I would run your test at 500mg per week for 12 weeks.

3. Your friend clearly doesn't know shit about steroids. That is a shitty cycle. Most guys run long ester gear for a minimum of 12-16 weeks. Your PCT sucks donkey balls. You don't mention anything about having an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) on hand or a Dope Agonist for possible prolactin sides with the deca. You also don't mention the use of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) during this cycle to keep your balls from atrophy. So, yeah, again, this cycle sucks ass!!

4. When you state that you can't break the 175 lb barrier, I find that bullshit. Remember, you may not be able to break that now and I can guarantee you it is because of what foods and when you are putting them in to your body and how you are training. If you can build naturally, which I guarantee you that you can, then why don't you save the "juice" for another time when you need it. I would get with 3J. He is the diet section and you would be amazed just how great you can grow if you follow one of his diet plans and he has plans for all goals. There is just so much more you have to learn before you touch the stuff. How tall are you by the way???

5. You have only been training a year. That is not nearly enough time under your belt to consider touching AAS. Besides that, again, you have testosterone levels that I am jealous of. You are in your prime to really make some gains, so why not make those gains with a great diet and training program and then try steroids down the road. 1 year of training is nothing. A lot of these veterans here will tell you that building a body takes years and years and years to build. I am going on 15 years of training and I still have room for growth. Just my 2 cents.

6. Oh, and your cycle sucks. That is all!!

Reactions: 3J
Youre too young, you misspelled Sustanon...Youre not taking Nolva properly, need i continue? 19 is very young and as stated you have not even come close to reaching your natural potential which is what u should do before considering juice. Sust/deca is a popular cycle for experienced users but shouldnt be your first cycle IMO. If you are going to do this, have your nolva on hand and start taking it either 2-3 weeks into your cycle or as soon as u start to feel anything estrogenic like tender nipples, continues taking nolva until your cycle finishes and after about 2 weeks begin takin clomid. These are designed to prevent too much estrogen uptake from ruining your gains while helping to restore your natural test levels. Ever heard of deca-dick? Have proper PCT or youre rolling the dice

I personally would recommend an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) instead of nolva in this situation.

unless you've seen his blood tests don't tell him his test levels are high because of his age.

Well, could they be low?? Of course, but theoretically speaking, someone at his age should have higher testosterone levels than someone in their late 20's early 30's. If you knew about cycling, you would know that is one of the main reasons why not just me, but several veterans will tell a younger guy to wait. Now, if he is 19 years old and not making any gains whatsoever, feels a lack of energy, etc, then I would recommend him to get blood work done. Hell, I recommend for everyone to do a physical at least once a year. But thanks for pointing that out captain obvious!!

Not everyone recovers with post cycle therapy (pct). Some guys recover after being on a year+. Everyone is different. You are only 19 and f'ing with a decision that could become permanent. But then again, when I was 19 I did not give a shit what people told me. But I also did not have this resource to learn from. I hope you follow the advice above. If you think you have low T, then get get bloodwork for $50. I have never heard of anyone only lifting for a year before jumping on the gear.

After doing some research you will learn not to take more Deca than test. Your PCT was hugely lacking. I figure this cycle would crash you pretty good and you will be worse off than you started.

I think you got ur answer young gun, don't do it.
And ur friend that thinks he has knowledge in this field is an idiot. Test only for first cycle.

This is a terrible idea. If I were you i'd wait until I'm at least 22. You clearly haven't researched this subject enough if you're even considering deca. Judging by the fact that you are 175 lbs, how dedicated can you be. I'm not trying to come off as a dbag but if you must do a cycle, it should be a halodrol cycle which is a ph or a test only cycle.

I started at 21 and have done a 2 promagon an m14add cycle. Just recently I started a superdrol pulse and was feeling awesome. Stopped it after a couple of weeks with the intention of going back on in a couple weeks and was shut down hard. I still haven't recovered and although I think I will recover in time, the LAST thing you want to do is put strain on your hpta. You will regret it if it backfires and will wish you waited. I made the mistake of not adding test for my last cycle.

If you are still going to do this cycle, make sure you have HCG, adex, nolva, clomid, etc. I recommend you go with creatine, no xplode, multi, and a caloric intake of 4000+ (without substituting REAL food with protein shakes). You'll be surprised what you can accomplish with that and will be 200lbs + in no time. Best of luck.

Ok, so ya gained 35lbs of muscle in one year !!!!!!! Dude your gonna hit a plateau.... 35lbs is great, take the advice here and get your DIET right. Break that plateau and growwwwww. Like they said give it till your bout 25yrs old natural. Hit it right and you'll be an animal......

Last edited:
I started cycling at 20 and I'm fine. Arnold started early teens as well. Obviously everyone here is telling you not to do it yet. Ultimately, the decision is up to you. At least make.sure you do it right if you do it. We cant stop you.

Ok thanks for the Info guys, I think i will hold off for awhile.

But at 6'0 175 i have quite alot of muscle and dont look small./

And im eating 3000-3500 Clean calories a day (sometimes add a weight gainer to make up for loss of calories) and havent been able to break the 175 barrier still. And for you telling me my diet and training schedule isnt on point, I beg to differ. I have better training program and diet then half the people that have been in my gym for years. But thasnks for the advice people

Unless your competing at teen nationals or atleast trying to, this shouldnt be an option. This is coming from someone who started at 18. I wasn't ready and neither are you.

Back