1st cycle: Anavar only (female)

Please be respectful.

I've known both for a while and even have them on my friendslist, it was just jokes man... Of course I dont except them to do some playboy shoot here in ology lol...
It was more to keep the thread going and banter/teasing with the bro's.

Sorry if it came off as something different.

I've known both for a while and even have them on my friendslist, it was just jokes man... Of course I dont except them to do some playboy shoot here in ology lol...
It was more to keep the thread going and banter/teasing with the bro's.

Sorry if it came off as something different.

No hard feelings on my end brother...

Week 3
So this past week hasn’t been the best for her (which made it not so great for me too). First part of the week she kicked herself out of ketosis, the appetite increase was just too much for her. After that she decided to just go back to carbs and start her reverse diet as apposed to her cut. Reasoning behind this mostly is her fear of crashing her metabolism again. Little over a year ago she keto cut for about 4 months and when it was said and done she was only eating 900cal and started gaining weight.
Her body her decision. I honestly told her to not keto in the 1st place, but she insisted. Anyway, the decision couldn’t have come at a worse time. Not only does she have to deal with the hormonal imbalances from the diet shift, but her menstrual cycle is less than a week away and it just compounded the problems. With the sudden carbs and Mother Nature she started bloating and quickly held about 3lb water weight. Subsequently, she began to feel horrible, fat, gross,...ect. So, along with those issues came an immediate stop to her sex drive. (Heart breaking)
So looks like for the next week it’s not going to be all that great either. Oh well, hopefully things will turn back around after that. Gotta take the good with the bad in marriage.
3 weeks out from the anniversary trip to Panama...should be lots of the good going on during that trip.

So we have been discussing stopping her cycle, actually she brought it up. She’s not having any negative sides, but she asked me if running gear while reverse dieting would be very productive. I really didn’t have an answer for her other than we (as in men) typically either bulk or cut. So her concern is that she is just basically wasting the gear, which could be put back to run at a later date for a real cut after she reverse diets for a while.
Anyone have a opinion or some solid bro-science on this situation?

Good question. Depends on her goal. If using var for max mass building then need to be in a caloric surplus. If trying to lose weight the var helps you hold onto muscle while in a caloric deficit. My opinion is it's a great cutting agent for women because of this. Women bodybuilders use it for exactly that purpose. Coming into a show they are NOT trying to gain anything......just trying to keep their gains while severely cutting. Not sure if that's the answer you're looking for but it's all I got :)
I know several womens pro bodybuilders that use it for this purpose. Know them well enough to get the truth from them.

Whatever yall decide keep us posted bro. Thanks for the log thus far

That’s the conundrum though, in a reverse diet you bump you cal intake by very small amounts (3-5%) every week or two in an effort to re-establish your metabolism, while not gaining any weight, until you reach your new maintenance cal. So essentially she will be staying at a maintenance level cal even though they will rise throughout the entire cycle.
So she will be in neither a cal surplus or deficit. I see it like this...would you or I run a cycle and eat at maintenance cal? I’m sure you would see some benefit, but how would it compare to a cal surplus or deficit?

Seems to me the fundamental question here is would you rather train natural or enhanced. My guess is given the nature of this website the majority would choose enhanced.

Last edited:
So........sounds like a recomp to me. In my experience and opinion, the only way for an advanced weight trainer to accomplish the coveted "recomp" is through use of anabolics. When we are new to the gym, a recomp is as simple as eating right and showing up at the gym. Newbie muscle grows and you burn more than you are consuming so you lose fat.......AT THE SAME TIME MAINTAINING THE SAME WEIGHT. Been there, done that, loved it. Most of us dont see this kind of success again until we run our first cycle. Anavar is used by women to either build muscle in a surplus or maintain muscle in a deficit. If the plan is to stay at maintenance and attempt.to keep the same weight by replacing fat weight with muscle weight........well.....this is where anabolics really shine. Personally I prefer cut or bulk....so that the results are more measurable in the short term. To each his/her own :)
And as I said, whatever you decide please keep us updated. Thanks and good luck with whatever yall decide bro

Couple days into week 4 now. With a bit of reluctance she ultimately decided to stop the cycle. She has plenty to run another 8-10 week cycle water with the option to bump to 20mg a few weeks during that with what she didn’t take this time. She felt better about trying to reverse diet for about a year and get her natural metabolism working as well as possible. Then get a coach, run the Var and do a true cut.
I told her I supported her decision either way, it’s been her call the whole way. But I can’t say I won’t miss her wanting it all the time...lol.
So that’s the end of her log...until next year maybe.

Back