1st cycle: Anavar only (female)

Body_weight02

So my wife said she had no interest in joining a forum, but agreed it might be a good idea to share her experience so I going to run a weekly log along with mine for her.
Her stats: 5’2”/ 34yrsld/ 129lb/ 20%bf/ 4.5 years training
Cycle is Var at 8 weeks: 5mgx1wk, 10mgx6wks, 5mgx1wk
She is including milk thistle, fish oil, daily vit, and a otc fat burner.
Diet is keto (have to check with her on macros) total cal are around 1,500 but I’ll have to check on that too. I personally am anti-keto but I will admit for her, keto works very well. Something just doesn’t mesh well with her body and carbs. She personally loves keto and has done it for 8-10 weeks once a year for several years now.
Goals are very similar to most: lean out and firm up. She is about halfway through week 1 so not much to mention yet other than there isn’t any bloat or crazy emotional swings so hopefully it’s real Var and not low dose d-bol.

Thanks for sharing. Here are some thoughts:

Why not test out the var for her first to see if it is legit? I am assuming you have cycled before and wild recognize the difference. Who is her source?

I don't see why she would taper down at the end. The half life will do that on its own.

What is her maintenance caloric intake? I am just trying to see if she is cutting or bulking on this cycle.

Milk Thistle is pretty worthless. If she wants to run liver protection -- which I recommend -- I would suggest using NAC.

I would drop the OTC fatburner. They don't work. So does this mean she is trying to cut on this cycle?

What did her pre-cycle baseline blood work look like?

Thanks for sharing. Here are some thoughts:

Why not test out the var for her first to see if it is legit? I am assuming you have cycled before and wild recognize the difference. Who is her source?

I don't see why she would taper down at the end. The half life will do that on its own.

What is her maintenance caloric intake? I am just trying to see if she is cutting or bulking on this cycle.

Milk Thistle is pretty worthless. If she wants to run liver protection -- which I recommend -- I would suggest using NAC.

I would drop the OTC fatburner. They don't work. So does this mean she is trying to cut on this cycle?

What did her pre-cycle baseline blood work look like?
Thanks for the reply.
I probably should have ordered a test kit for the gear, but after researching what few kits I found seemed to have very vague or difficult to read results. Although we have no way of knowing how she will react I think I should be able to recognize whether it’s legit, placebo, or low dose d/t-bol.
Didn’t think I was allowed to donsource talk, but I have pics of the box on the “steroid pic” page.

There is lots of debate on whether to taper or not from my research. Once again, just assumption on my part but I would think it might lessen E rebound.

She is cutting. Maintenance cal were at 1800 on normal low fat/moderate carb diet.

Milk thistle is in every natural liver support pill so that’s why I went that route. I will admit there may be better products out there, she doesn’t like it anyway because it seems to bloat her instantly.

The otc fat burner is to help with appetite suppression. She has some clen, but she tried it last year and it gave her very bad headaches. Open to suggestions here.

She had pre-cycle blood work done. Everything was perfectly normal other than elevated LDL. She has statins prescribed but is still in debate in whether to take them or not.

Again and disclaimer: I am not very knowledgeable about females and AA’s. All I know is what myself and her have read over the past year (been debating this for a while). We are simply taking our best try at this using what I know about AA’s and men from personal use and what we’ve read on various forums and videos about female use. I placed a couple threads on different forums here but haven’t gotten any feedback, so any and all suggestion, advice or criticisms are welcomed

I just wanted to touch on what Megatron said about NAC.

I use to take Milk Thistle religiously, as I started in this game a long time ago.
But around 5 years ago, my Liver Enzymes came back Very High ~ even though I was on Milk Thistle & Liv-52-DS.

Switched over to the NAC ~ redid my Bloodwork 28 Days later.
AST & ALT were both in the Middle on the Reference Range.................................... JP

I just wanted to touch on what Megatron said about NAC.

I use to take Milk Thistle religiously, as I started in this game a long time ago.
But around 5 years ago, my Liver Enzymes came back Very High ~ even though I was on Milk Thistle & Liv-52-DS.

Switched over to the NAC ~ redid my Bloodwork 28 Days later.
AST & ALT were both in the Middle on the Reference Range.................................... JP
Thanks for the feedback. I know milk thistle was sorta an old school d-bol protocol. I’ve seen NAC used a lot on here, so I’ll look into it. Far be it for me to ignore good advice from more experienced people.
Thanks again

My wife will be starting soon. 10mg for 6 or 8 weeks. Looking forward to updates. Will be following along

Thanks for the reply.
I probably should have ordered a test kit for the gear, but after researching what few kits I found seemed to have very vague or difficult to read results. Although we have no way of knowing how she will react I think I should be able to recognize whether it’s legit, placebo, or low dose d/t-bol.
Didn’t think I was allowed to donsource talk, but I have pics of the box on the “steroid pic” page.

There is lots of debate on whether to taper or not from my research. Once again, just assumption on my part but I would think it might lessen E rebound.

She is cutting. Maintenance cal were at 1800 on normal low fat/moderate carb diet.

Milk thistle is in every natural liver support pill so that’s why I went that route. I will admit there may be better products out there, she doesn’t like it anyway because it seems to bloat her instantly.

The otc fat burner is to help with appetite suppression. She has some clen, but she tried it last year and it gave her very bad headaches. Open to suggestions here.

She had pre-cycle blood work done. Everything was perfectly normal other than elevated LDL. She has statins prescribed but is still in debate in whether to take them or not.

Again and disclaimer: I am not very knowledgeable about females and AA’s. All I know is what myself and her have read over the past year (been debating this for a while). We are simply taking our best try at this using what I know about AA’s and men from personal use and what we’ve read on various forums and videos about female use. I placed a couple threads on different forums here but haven’t gotten any feedback, so any and all suggestion, advice or criticisms are welcomed

I wasn't talking about using a test kit. I meant why didn't you run the var yourself to first to see if it is real? It's one thing if you get dbol instead of var. It is entirely different if a woman does. Not all virilization effects are reversible.

Speaking of virilization, is she aware of the risks she is taking? And does she know what signs to watch for? Some women are ok with a bit of facial hair; but deepened voice or worse aren't always tolerated as well by women. My wife always enjoys here enlarged clit when she cycles (it returns to normal afterwards).

Tapering won't hurt anything. I just don't think it is really necessary.

Most guys on here use NAC and Liv.52 when using orals. Women should too. I know one woman that ran car and only used milk thistle. She was kicking herself later when here AST and ALT were severely elevated.

If she wants a fat burner, I would recommend the tried and true EC Stack. OTC stuff is just a waste of money.

Can you post her blood work? Also let us know where she was in her menstrual cycle when the blood was drawn.

I wasn't talking about using a test kit. I meant why didn't you run the var yourself to first to see if it is real? It's one thing if you get dbol instead of var. It is entirely different if a woman does. Not all virilization effects are reversible.

Speaking of virilization, is she aware of the risks she is taking? And does she know what signs to watch for? Some women are ok with a bit of facial hair; but deepened voice or worse aren't always tolerated as well by women. My wife always enjoys here enlarged clit when she cycles (it returns to normal afterwards).

Tapering won't hurt anything. I just don't think it is really necessary.

Most guys on here use NAC and Liv.52 when using orals. Women should too. I know one woman that ran car and only used milk thistle. She was kicking herself later when here AST and ALT were severely elevated.

If she wants a fat burner, I would recommend the tried and true EC Stack. OTC stuff is just a waste of money.

Can you post her blood work? Also let us know where she was in her menstrual cycle when the blood was drawn.
Again, thanks for helping out

Me testing the Var honestly never crossed my mind. She is already about 4 days in and I feel pretty confident that it’s legit.
Edit: I did research sources and brands extensively before I decided on the source and pharma I ended up choosing.

Yes, she and I are both aware of the risks. Over the past year we both have watched or read hundreds of vlogs, posts and articles. I assure it wasn’t a fly by night decision.

Since you feel a taper is unnecessary, do you or your wife recommend anything pct to control possible E rebound?

NAC is cheap and readily available so we will make the switch. Thank you for the input

EC stack has definitely proven itself for others. The otc fatburner/appetite suppressant she already had. I will look into dosages on the EC for her and talk with her about it.

Blood work was ran by her doc as a annual, but included her T and E at my wife’s request. Her doc did not give us copies, but they may with request. Not sure, I’ve always used private md for my labs. In regards to that, will mid cycle labs be a requirement for her as well? I would think so, but I very rarely ever see it used on female cycles.

Thanks for taking time out to talk with me, it is appreciated

Last edited:
It's been said already but first thing that comes to mind is if it's the real thing, because we all know that when it comes to women there is no margin for mistakes. I don't know that much about steroids for women but Anavar is the safest thing out there, but I know some folks that bought Anavar and it ended up being Dbol, wtf right? Still, there are ways for women to do it right and here I'm sure that you're going to find help. Hope everything goes smooth!

Week 1:
So nothing much to report on her end. She has lost 2lb but that could just be directly related to the keto. No soar throat, no bloat, no beard...lol. She said she has noticed some strength gain but main thing is the appetite increase being very noticeable. So with no negatives she is bumping to 10mg split 5mg morning and afternoon. With that, most all my fears of it being d/t-bol have subsided. Only thing now is the possibility of being underdosed or bunk. Guess time will tell.
Edit: she picked up a bottle of NAC today so she will drop the milk thistle. I’m figuring around 1200mg a day on the NAC. Someone correct me if that’s too low/high.

Last edited:
Again, thanks for helping out

Me testing the Var honestly never crossed my mind. She is already about 4 days in and I feel pretty confident that it’s legit.
Edit: I did research sources and brands extensively before I decided on the source and pharma I ended up choosing.

Yes, she and I are both aware of the risks. Over the past year we both have watched or read hundreds of vlogs, posts and articles. I assure it wasn’t a fly by night decision.

Since you feel a taper is unnecessary, do you or your wife recommend anything pct to control possible E rebound?

NAC is cheap and readily available so we will make the switch. Thank you for the input

EC stack has definitely proven itself for others. The otc fatburner/appetite suppressant she already had. I will look into dosages on the EC for her and talk with her about it.

Blood work was ran by her doc as a annual, but included her T and E at my wife’s request. Her doc did not give us copies, but they may with request. Not sure, I’ve always used private md for my labs. In regards to that, will mid cycle labs be a requirement for her as well? I would think so, but I very rarely ever see it used on female cycles.

Thanks for taking time out to talk with me, it is appreciated

I would not worry about an estrogen rebound. Women thrive on estrogen.

There are threads on the EC Stack. Click on the FAQs link below in my signature

I would absolutely get copies of her blood work -+ and hope that they ran the right labs. If you didn't tell them which specific labs to run odds are they did not.

I would definitely run mid-cycle labs. She needs to monitor her health throughout the cycle.

So week 2 is in the books. This was her 1st week at 10mg per day.
She still isn’t experiencing any negative sides. With this week came a stronger appetite and much more noticeable strength gains. She has never been very “strong” so with this sudden jump she is really excited. Im having to keep a leash on her so she doesn’t hurt herself.
She continues to be pretty lethargic just like last week. It’s not like sloth level but definitely not the energy she typically has on keto. She has decided to not take anything to combat this because she doesn’t want to do anything more to tax her body while on the Var.
On a more positive note her libido has made a very noticeable jump. It’s just as high as mine on cycle. We really thought her sex drive couldn't get much better than it already was (it changed substantially after my vasectomy and she dropped her BC), but we were wrong...high 5’s all around.
As far as the scale she also has decided to stop checking her weight daily. She understands with the the body composition changes to come that the scale may not move much so in order to help keep her emotionally in check she just is going to stay off of it until the end. I know with me the scale can fluctuate as much as 5lb daily so I don’t sweat it, but with her 1 or 2 lb can make a huge difference on how she feels about herself. So no scale it is.

Santa: she said she would rather wait till the end to post the before and after pic side by side...sorry bro

Back