1st cycle suggestions??

powerhouse 48

background,
21yrs old, im in a shitty situation, i just suffered a serious injury during spring practice, ive been on the shelf for about 6 weeks and will be shelved atleast 10 more, before my injury i was 5'10 234lbs at 7-8% bf and my strenght was as high as its ever been, i wont be cleared to start training again until late july early august, i figured that i would work clean for a while to get back into shape, and then i would go on a cycle, im a hard core trainer who has taken training seriously, i know how to diet and supplement my training properly, ive got two years of eligibility left and would like to work towards playing on a proffessional level,

goal-i would want to gain atleast 10-12 lbs and increase my strength to atleast where i was before my injury, and optimistcally surpass that

ive talked to some trainers and some other guys with chemical experience and they suggested a cycel of test 400, ive been reading alot and i just wanted some more experienced input,
any suggestions???

Last edited:
i know to use clomid post cycle but what would be the best estrogen inhibitors to use during, i.e. milk thistle, chrysin, etc......

powerhouse 48 said:
i know to use clomid post cycle but what would be the best estrogen inhibitors to use during, i.e. milk thistle, chrysin, etc......

Milk Thistle is not an Estrogen inhibitor and I don't know how well Chrysin works.

You want to use something like Arimidex, Letro or Aromasin to inhibit Estrogen, although at 400 mg/wk , you are probably not going to need anything.

I would however, make sure you have some Nolvadex on hand in case you get any gyno symptoms. If you start getting any symptoms, take 40 mg/day until symptoms subside, (usually a couple days), then take 20 mg/day for the duration of your cycle.

Clomid therapy ;
Day 1 - 300 mg
Days 2 - 11 - 100 mg/day
Days 12-21 - 50 mg/day

how bout...

people here pobably don't wanna hear about ph's. but i was thinking of adding some 5aa to a cycle. it mite give you a jump start in the beginning since you're using enanthate and itz supposed to be a decent arom. inh. THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION...just an idea i had...

Might want to check into the detection times for Enanthate and Cypionate. If you start a cycle in July......and end it in ten weeks. You would be in season......same time a player could possibly get tested. I don't know if you play NCAA ball or not.....but I would definetly look into it.

milk thistle is good to take when your on orals because they are harsh on the liver, milk thistle helps protect your liver

I personally would use some Anavar (var) to get you back to where you were and then some...Then I would run the test cycle after a break.

Serenity Head said:
I personally would use some Anavar (var) to get you back to where you were and then some...Then I would run the test cycle after a break.

That is the first thing I thougth of also....... mainly because of your age.....however.... I would hold off an any anabolics until you got back to where you were before.. get as strong as you can natural before the anabolics.. also.....what kind of injury did you have?? Also what sport are you playing?

If you plan on only doing one cycle, which is what 99% of this board said at one point in time. I would say add another injectable and an oral. Like Winstrol (winny) tabs and maybe sustanon. You minds well make the most of it, you won't make gains like your 1st cycle again.

yeah ive definately got to look into detection times, NCAA(i play football) test us on a regular basis, im still not dead set on doing a cycle yet b/c ive has so much success natural, but this set back (broken tibia and fibia, three torn ligamnets in ankle, brutal injury) as well as seeing other guys results has definately got me considering it......
im not terminally intact yet, what is "var"??
im kinda skeptical about taking any orals, id much rather just stick to injectables, if that is possible when trying to maximize results....
im gonna train natural for a while when im cleared to start working out again, and try to atleast recover my strength(gonna be hard to regain a 775lb squat on a gimp leg though)....
thanks for the replies....... its cool to have access to so much information on a "taboo" subject like anabolics, from people who have dealt with the subjective topics

Since you just said you're not dead set on doing a cycle, I'll throw out the suggestion that you train as long and hard as possible without any anabolics. You're going to be out of commission for the whole summer, so when you finally do get back into training, it will be like a newbie starting all over and you'll probably see some very good gains.
If you tweak the diet and the workouts just right, you could get some very good results. You could throw in some supplements, some prohormones (not my personal choice), or some very mild anabolics (such as anavar).

If you're going to take the plunge, a simple cycle of 400-500 mg Test (Enanthate or Cypionate) would be great.

Just a few more suggestions for you to think about...

Back