2004 Formula 1 Season

tyler durden4130

There's no thread dedicated to it, so here it is!

First race practice of the season is in a few hours... Who looks fast, will Schumi win it again, who is your favorite team?

I'm partial to Ferrari (my dad's a Ferrari nut) but BMW/Williams and Renault are looking good too.

I've been waiting for this weekend since last fall.

I haven't been keeping up with the pre-season talk, that way the first race is more of a surprise. I'm a big Ferrari and Schumacher fan, but I would enjoy it if Williams and Renault were consistent front-runners too. As long as it's not McLaren... :D

I wouldn't worry about McLaren too much, they've been hurting in the pre-season. In fact, BAR/Honda may be more of a threat.

Last edited:
My favorite team is McLaren ! But i'm a big Montoya fan. In fact i'm fan of everyone who can beat Schumi ! A big surprise this year ? ALONSO i think !Renault looks good this year : Instead the new R24 has been very quick, and rivals such as BMW Williams have been staggered by the consistency of its lap times in race trim. With two hungry drivers, Renault are definitely the dark horse! Why have Ferrari done virtually all of their new-car testing in Italy? What do they have up their sleeve? These are the pressing question as, for the first time in ages, Ferrari debut their new car in the first race of the season.The big question will be the performance of Bridgestone's tyres.
Williams:What is arguably the ugliest car on the grid may well prove to be the fastest.Williams are the pundit's favourite at this stage,
together with Ferrari.
McLaren:
The crucial questions here are whether Mercedes-Benz can generate sufficient horsepower to challenge Ferrari and BMW, and whether stories of handling imbalance proved unfounded. Underestimate McLaren at your peril.
ANTI-SCHUMI FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Drive for Frentzen this year, unless he's a Friday 3rd.

I could tell that Renault would be fast this year at the end of last season, JT had a bunch of provisional poles, and Alonso's win was no fluke.

I admit it! I like the looks of the Williams/BMW!

georgeq2k said:
A big surprise this year ? ALONSO i think !Renault looks good this year

Alonso was last year's big surprise. This year I think he is EXPECTED to show well, and he will.

I take a lot of crap for being a Schumacher fan, but I still pull for him for the simple reason that, when he first popped in a Jordan in 1992, I shouted the following at my TV: "This guy is going to be world champion in two years!" Since that was the one and only accurate prediction of my life, I have no choice but to continue to support the person who proved me right. :D

I really do think Schumacher should retire though.

Can't comment on those old school guys, I've only been following F1 since 2000. Although I did go to some races at Long Beach when I was a kid.

Back