"3J" Need better diet to gain, 19 yrs, 6'0 175lb

Younggun420

Hey everyone from the steroid forum sent me here saying i dont need juice to gain weight. Over the last year i came from 140-175LB with a crappy diet but No noticable fat gains, Mostly muscle. I wasnt focusing on cals or Macros.

Im 6'0 Ft and 19 years of age.

Ive changed my diet in these last 2 months for a supposed "Gain" My friend said try an intake around 3200-3500 With my macros 1.5 Carbs 1.0 Protien .5 fat .

Ive been packing on the food I eat every 2-3Hours and i CANNOT gain weight. Im even drifting below 175 some days. my heaviest weigh in was 178.

Diet is as follows:

Meal one:
3 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1/3cup of oatmeal with Milk and cup of OJ - 480 cals

Meal 2:
Proatmeal - 1 cup oatmeal with 30 gram protien scoop w/ 1/3 cup craisins Usually also an apple - 680 cals

Meal 3:

12 OZ steak with Brown rice/pasta and a cup of steamed veggies - 825 cals (Steak not always an option so might replace with salmon which i have alot of right now. A bit less cals)

WORKOUT

Meal 4:
I time my workout so when I end its time for a meal So i take a mass gainer shake totalling - 792 cals ( new weight gainer totals 1100 with milk. Was using gaspari Real mass and now am trying Nutrabolics)

Meal 5:
2 Chicken breasts plus veggies and brown rice - 360 cals

Bedtime:
25 Grams casien protien - 150 cals

TOTAL: about 3200 Cals

If i miss a meal (Because i sleep in quite a bit on my days off :) ) Could i replace a meal with a half mass gain shake??

Any tweaks you could add to my diet. From research ive done and what my friend has told me this seems pretty decent. Not alot of kids my age eat well, And when i was eating like total crap i was gaining Hard and not even much fat. It kind of discourages me from eating all this tasteless food.

EDIT: forgot to add current supplements. They are as follows - Mega men multi, L-carnitine and fish oil, Creatine, PVL 100% natural protien, Musclepharm assault Pre-WO, nutrabolics mass gainer, Aminocore Bcaa's, 100% casien protien

Last edited:
And my Meal I had for dinner tonight was : 8 oz smoked salmon, 1/2 cup gemelli brown pasta, 1 cup Veggies, 1/2 cup tomato sauce and 1 cup of milk - 840 cals

And another thing is it bad if some days I only have 4 meals and some of them consist of 1000 cals? Ive been making black bean and lean beef burritos these past couple days

300ML black beans
225Grams Lean ground Beef
1/4 cup salsa and 2 whole wheat tortillas = 1000 Cals

Any help am i on a good diet plan or could any one tweak it a bit to be more benificial???

And is every 2 hours to close together???

Last edited:
Add 2 tablespoons pb to meal two. Once more cup rice to meal 5 and a whole avocado to meal 6

Mix the pb in the proatmeal? That sounds good

And avacado with the bedtime shake you mean?

Ive been addin PB to the nighttime shake to make up for lost cals so now im intaking 3500. Is that good calorie or should i up to 4000? I did the calculator and came up with around 3000 For my maintenance.

Im glad to see my diet didnt need much changing :) Thanks

Mix the pb in the proatmeal? That sounds good

And avacado with the bedtime shake you mean?

Ive been addin PB to the nighttime shake to make up for lost cals so now im intaking 3500. Is that good calorie or should i up to 4000? I did the calculator and came up with around 3000 For my maintenance.

Im glad to see my diet didnt need much changing :) Thanks
start at 3500 calories... if you dont gain weight up to 4000.. if you dont gain weight up to 4500... its just a process of elimination.. add calories untill u see desired results.. bulking isn't difficult!

Bulking is easier than cutting IMO. But then again I have a hard time loosing weight haha

Added 500 calories into my daily diet. I'm now in taking 4000 Calories. I am happy to say I've gained 3 LBS weighed in at 178 today!

Back