43 yo - need shorter Cycle for sport

ncc1701d

I’ve done 2 cycles of cypionate, both identical.

12 shots of 200 mg every 10 days

AI EOD during

Starting two weeks after last shot, Nolvadex 20 mg for 14 days then 10 mg for another 14 days.

I have found that I am bulking up too much for the competitive sport I play doing the above. I’m doing this so that injuries are reduced and recovery is better for this 43 year old crocodile - and not for what most people want to gain mass / bodybuilding etc.

So I started researching shorter cycles, but there doesn’t seem to be too much love for them from a body building perspective. But I’m hoping since my goals are somewhat different, a shorter cycle may be ok.

Was thinking of switching to Propionate (suggestions welcome!), as it’s quicker acting, but now not sure of the dosage for a 6 week course.

The other issue is timing for off, pre and in season. Do I want to be starting, mid way through or ending a cycle at the start of in season?

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the board :wavey:
Please do not start any more cycles until you get better handle in what you are planning to do. SO stick with us and maybe we can help you. Even though I see you have been around here for a few years :)

TO start please give us your complete stats,
age '
wt
ht
BF%
more history in regard to your sport and your lifting with cycles
What is your primary Goal ? for your body n gains. ??

Please get back to us with some answers so we can further you along and help. get to know your compounds with the profiles.

Good Luck,

Last edited:
Hi and thanks for the reply.

Yes, had joined a while ago and done a few cycles here and there under my suppliers guidance. Took a long break and then met another who suggested the above cycle.

43 years old
84kg / 185 lbs
176cm / 5***8217;9***8221;
From memory 27%

Have been playing squash all my life, a few years ago started getting some significant injuries. Getting the cycles into me made a big difference to my recovery and in the last year have focused on sports specific training with a dedicated off, pre and in season training.

As mentioned, not wanting the huge gains most want out of steroids, more for the recovery and strength.

Off season Muscle building was 18 week macro cycle. Sport specific training;
3x per week
Warm up abs, bridging, glutes, then leg extensions, last pull downs and leg curls. Once warmed up:
Dead lifts (max load 50kg)
Single leg calf raises (15kg)
Single arm dumbbell rows (40kg)
Single leg squat drive with calf raise (20kg)
20 min HIIT cycling

2 x per week Running program

Pre season
4 week macro (3 meso cycles)

2X per week
Basically the same exercises as above, but halving the weight, increasing speed and turning muscle into power so as to not get injuries when on court
HIIT bike 20 min

3 x per week
30 min Plyometrics
60 min on court training

18 week macro In season
Mostly on court work, when I can***8217;t get on court, then Plyo, Light gym session. Must plan this out so as to not play a competition game until a minimum 2 days rest before.

So regardless of what cycle I end up doing, I would also like to know if the timing is important or not - as in, when I***8217;m ***8220;off***8221; and doing pct, should that coincide with a particular phase of training.

My goal is to be strong and have faster recovery. (I need to drop back down to 80kg, which I am working on diet now). My upper body was getting way too big for my sport and even though I was feeling very good at the start of in season this year, but I over did my on court training too much that not even steroids was going to prevent that injury. That***8217;s more to do with knowing my body, getting my brain to remember I***8217;m not 20 any more and planning my sessions better.

So my thought process was get the benefits of injury recovery, with some gains over a shorter period, but more often as my in season is quite long.

I accept these aren***8217;t your normal questions, so understand if not easy/able to answer.

Cheers

So let me clear this up. You pinned 200mgs of test cyp every 10 days. You pinned a total of 12 times. If so, this is by far not close to being a cycle but more so a trt schedule that needs dialed in.
Why were you pinning 10 days apart? I guess we need a lot more information on what you have done to better help you out.

I have replied to Oldmusclemike, but my post is being checked before being put on the forum.

My first cycle I was doing once a week, but when my ***8220;mentor***8221; realised one vial was 200mg, he suggested I pin 10 days apart rather than 7. He seemed to think the 200mg was too much I guess.

Hello ncc1701d...
how about getting back with us. WE would like to help you but as Tbone and myself have told you we need more info to do so. :)

The dosage and frequency on your previous cycles sound a bit unorthodox. Trt maybe? 12 shots of 1ml each? How much AI? Answer the questions the guys above asked and they will be able to help. Lots of experience and knowledge there.
Good luck bro

Hi guys, appreciate the responses, I***8217;m not ignoring you,, but my posts have to be cleared by an admin as they are my first few posts.

My AI was 0.5mg mg Anastrol (Anastraloze tablet), eod during taking the shots. I stopped AI on completing the injections, waited 2 weeks then started the 20mg nolvadex for 2 weeks, the down to 10mg of nolvedex for a further 2 weeks.

And apologies - 1st cycle was 12 weeks, once a week.

When I went to once every 10 days, I reduced number to 10 injections.

Hi guys, appreciate the responses, I***8217;m not ignoring you,, but my posts have to be cleared by an admin as they are my first few posts.

My AI was 0.5mg mg Anastrol (Anastraloze tablet), eod during taking the shots. I stopped AI on completing the injections, waited 2 weeks then started the 20mg nolvadex for 2 weeks, the down to 10mg of nolvedex for a further 2 weeks.

Holy smokes, that's way too much AI. At 200 mg test per week some guys wouldn't need any. Something like 0.25 E3.5D would have been a better shot at a starting dose. Have you done any bloodwork prior to, or during, to see what's going one with your test and E2 levels?

To answer your original question about bulking too much on 200 mg per weeek, or 10 days, switching to test prop won't make any difference unless you also lower the dosage. That's a TRT dose you are taking, not really a cycle, but at any rate test is test so if 200 per week is too much then drop the dosage regardless of what ester you choose to inject.

I can vouch that recovery and injury healing is much better and faster on than off, so perhaps you need to dial your dose down to where you are happy - and also figure out if you want to long term dose like TRT vs cycling on & off. Age and any issues around having kids factor into that, as well as finances and ability to get a doctor vs black market, etc.

Holy smokes, that's way too much AI. At 200 mg test per week some guys wouldn't need any. Something like 0.25 E3.5D would have been a better shot at a starting dose. Have you done any bloodwork prior to, or during, to see what's going one with your test and E2 levels?

To answer your original question about bulking too much on 200 mg per weeek, or 10 days, switching to test prop won't make any difference unless you also lower the dosage. That's a TRT dose you are taking, not really a cycle, but at any rate test is test so if 200 per week is too much then drop the dosage regardless of what ester you choose to inject.

I can vouch that recovery and injury healing is much better and faster on than off, so perhaps you need to dial your dose down to where you are happy - and also figure out if you want to long term dose like TRT vs cycling on & off. Age and any issues around having kids factor into that, as well as finances and ability to get a doctor vs black market, etc.

Thanks for your reply and help. Sorry about the formatting, it doesn***8217;t seem to like me putting apostrophes. I***8217;m not sure what I***8217;m allowed to post here, but a google search of cypionax will show what I was using.

I***8217;m not having any more kids. Finances are fine. Age 43. No bloodwork available.

Here I was thinking 200 mg was too much! Perhaps I need to shorten the cycle and maybe even increase the dose. The idea of being on longer cycles doesn***8217;t really appeal to me as I feel I***8217;m risking injury when off. With shorter cycles I***8217;m thinking I can Time my in season better.

Would 200mg prop twice a week for 6 weeks with 0.25mg AI every 3rd day and similar pct with nolvadex (As before) sound acceptable to try? (Or stick with cypionate?).

Then maybe drop the dosage for the longer in season time.

Maintenance cycles during on season:

8th oct - 3rd dec (9weeks) 200mg cypionate. 0.25 AI every 3rd day
17th dec (2 weeks after last shot), start 20mg nolvadex daily for 2 weeks. Then 10mg nolvadex for another 2 weeks

11 weeks after last shot, start second cycle the same. This takes me to the end of ***8220;in season***8221;
(18th feb - 1st July)

Another 11 week recovery during start of off season.

Pre season 8th July start:

6 weeks 200mg Propionate every mon / Thurs. 0.25 AI eod
Start same pct at week 7 (since prop has shorter life) of nolva 20mg for 2 weeks, 10mg for another 2 weeks.

Start in season again 7 weeks after last shot, back to maintenance of cypionate.

Thanks again for the replies. Any suggestions on above one year cycle? As you can see, very different goals than what most here are after.

I guess I will go ahead with the above or try and find out from a different board. Cheers.

Ya know I don't want you to leave in a daze here no getting a sufficient answer to your Q's but I for one don't believe in short cycles for gaining bulk mass. It takes time, more time then most guys wanna believe, to build / grow lean muscle mass. Just MM.

WE have to wait for the compounds to get in and begin all the synthesis needed to repair tissue torn and replace and grow more. IT's not weeks it's months......
This is plainly seen by monitoring a competitor, cycle to cycle and then the "year"end tail.... 15-20 lb

No offense but it seems you wanna reinvent the wheel. ::scratchhe But :dunno: and again no offense but why ? Maybe I missed something, been doing that lately :)

Omm

PS: the comment on the Holy Smokes was me laughing at the expression holy smokes. Been many years since I heard that :laugh:

Last edited:
Do body builders have a short window for competition in the year or is it all year round?

I only thought of doing a shorter cycle because I thought I could better time being on and off cycle throughout the off, pre and in seasons. I felt the minor injuries I had dissapear after about 3 weeks of being on the doses I was on (with the cyp, and thought the prop would be faster acting). I thought a shorter cycle would meet the needs of injury prevention / recovery while not getting too big. With my training schedule, I am not really lifting big weights and doing the same sort of controlled muscle tearing you guys are doing - and in season I***8217;m stressing my body in a different way more prone to uncontrolled muscle tearing :)

Whilst I now see that i was taking trt dosage levels, I don***8217;t have the symptoms typical of needing a long trt plan.

Sorry Mycelium - what do you mean by - run normal levels - ?

Cheers

I like cypionate so that's what I stick with. I like .25 anastrozole for every 200mg cyp.......and that's per week. I like 400 to 600 if I want more mass and I like 100 to 200 if I'm just trying to change com********** I'm new......but my personal experience as well as what I see others doing, tells me this is a good place for beginners. I'm on trt so that's why the above approach is what I'm taking. If I were not on trt then I'd cycle 400 to 600 cyp with .25 anastrozole per shot then follow 2 weeks afyer last shot with pct and run it 4 to 6 weeks. Blood work before, during, then after. At your/ our age......cycling is extremely likely to result in TRT for life.
NAIL your diet down to what you want to achieve. Hormones amplify whatever our routine is. I've seen it dozens of times. Cycle and eat shitty and you look shitty......cycle and eat for your goals and you will achieve them.
Best of luck my friend. Try not to lose faith in this site just yet. These guys know what's up.
As always......Consult a physician before making any health related lifestyle changes.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

OP sorry I've been not checking in for a few days. I can perhaps answer a couple questions.

Short cycles have their place, and I've seen some articles that discuss the merits of doing five short cycles a year vs two long ones. If you want to go short then use test prop, and if you use prop you have to inject it every other day - not twice per week. It will have the advantage of coming on very quickly and leaving very quickly, so you can jump right into PCT when you come off. Disadvantage is all the pinning, and it costs a lot more mg for mg.

Back