incline DB press
85 x 10 x 2

Dips Body weight till failure x 2 sets

Tricep

Close grips press
215x 5 x 5

lying dumbell extension
30 x10 x2

Felt Ok but shoulders bothering a bit lately need to mix in some active recovery

No specific goals. Started lifting again sort of a New Years resolution. Been away from it for a long time. The last really dedicated workout program I had was 15 years ago( I just turned 40 last month)

Workout is pretty much as needsize describes in the thread he has on EF. Tried DC for a bit but it just was not for me so I came back to 5x5.
Been at it for abot 3 1/2 months and I am going to do Active Recovery for the next two weeks after this as my shoulders and knees are really feeling it.

Monday Chest/tri
Tues Deads/Traps
wed Off
Thurs Legs
Fri Back/bi

All days are 5x5 core with accessory lifts following
Peace

you don't do any kinds of shoulders, i would at least do some kind of laterial raises after heavy bench since your front delt gets worked.
Is it your RC thats hurting or the shoulder?

Also if your knees hurt i would stay away completly from leg extension those are the worst thing to do for the knees,stick with squats and leg press. You also might have a muscle imbalance leading to bad knees so try and working your hamstrings. But i dunno if you have had any injuries or anything so.

Actually Squats absolutely kill me. Had a torn menescus years ago and it may be arthritic by now. All I know is its like a spike going thru my knees when I squat, with or without weight. Funny thing I can do deads with no problem but no squats at all. So it is all extensions and leg curls . Been doing some cuff work every week and it is helping. I also do some light presses after legs but it does not really constitute a workout so I did not add it in.

Thursday june 5

Back warm up 2 sets pull ups

DB Bent Rows 110x5x5
Lat pull down 210 x 10,8
Finished with wide grip pull ups to failure

Biceps

Camber bar curls 110 x5x5
Two hand Seated cable Concentration 70 x10 x2
Hammer curls 40 x 10 x2

( Brachioradialis is very sore by elbow. Applied ice after lifts

Beast_19_301 said:
Also if your knees hurt i would stay away completly from leg extension those are the worst thing to do for the knees,stick with squats and leg press. You also might have a muscle imbalance leading to bad knees so try and working your hamstrings. But i dunno if you have had any injuries or anything so.

WRONG info here partner. Leg Extensions are the exercise of CHOICE for rehabing almost all knee injuries! It builds the Vastus Medialis (tear drop muscle) which strengthens knee contraction ability.

GREAT exercise for knee rehabilitaion ......poor choice for gaining MASS.

Friday

Leg extension 100 x10 x3
Leg curls 100x10x3

Squats holding 85 pound DB's 2 sets of 15

These oddly enough do not cause me as much pain in knee. I think my biggest problem on bar squats is the weight is distributed "forward" , it that makes sense. Where as the db are held abit behind my mid- line

Peace

Monday June Taking it easy this week, lots of volume with lighter weight

push ups 2 sets of 50
Bench 135 x20 x3
incline 135x20 x3
chest stretches

Triceps
Skull Crushers 70 x 15x3
Tri Pushdown 70 x 15 x2

lots of reps really got the blood moving

Tuesday

DB Rows 100x10x3