6'0 195..tell me what needs work

DIEZELry

Hey everybody, new to the board...

Ive been lifting for about 6 months, im 18

Pics are relaxed and unpumped, im not really into posing..
and i also find taking pictures outside with natural sunlight in the best rather than inside with a flash

Last edited:
Welcome to ology!

Overall you have a great look. IMO I would hit your delts, bi's/tris, and maybe work those abs if you could. Your chest looks like your strongest part and you have a wide back so you could get that up to par in no time. But for 6 months of training you look exceptional. Keep up the hard work and you will reap the benifits.

thanks for the reply

yeh i never really trained abs by themselves, i always just assumed they got hit with heavy lifts. Ill probably do it when i cut down....or so i say haha i just get lazy with my abs

heres my before picture if anybodys curious

heres the attached pic, this was taken a while ago but the best "before" pic i could find..it was taken probably a yr ago. i had always messed around with weights in HS but never realy get serious or knew what i was doing haha

Last edited:
Lifting for six months? I'd just say "keep up the good work". Your gains appear to be evenly balanced.

Body looks well developed. I'm not sure what your going for, like if you wanna bulk or cut...but I think you need to trim the stomach a bit and get a 6pack. That's if you don't wanna get any bigger. If you wanna get bigger, then it doesn't really matter right now, you can always lose it later - you don't have that much. Overall great physique, regardless of age and training experience.

outlawtas2 said:
Body looks well developed. I'm not sure what your going for, like if you wanna bulk or cut...but I think you need to trim the stomach a bit and get a 6pack. That's if you don't wanna get any bigger. If you wanna get bigger, then it doesn't really matter right now, you can always lose it later - you don't have that much. Overall great physique, regardless of age and training experience.

trying to gain another 25 lbs and than cut it down

Congrats! Very good job considering you've been lifting for only 6 months. Chest looks thick. Work hard on legs and back width (squats, deads).

your hair looks like francos...and yes, lately I have been seeing dudes looking like the legendary franco columbo...cool!

anybody else have any suggestions? since ive posted, ive been trying to hit the shoulders with not as many sets, i think that was my problem (overtraining them)

hit your abs..make them strong..then hit deads and squat and bench like mad. don't overtrain..do you mind posting your routine and diet??

i constatly switch up my exericses but i do a regular split. as for diet, i eat at my college cafeteria so i have no idea about the cals but a regular meal consits of 3 chicken breats, 8 eggs, bowl of pasta, apple and a banana and usually a cheesburger w/o the bun and sometimes as cheating 2 hamburgers or a slice of pizza. i eat that about 3 times a day and take a protein shake PW. There is not much selection at my school so i tend to eat that stuff a lot. even for breakfast..

MONDAY CHEST - around 14 sets including flyes, pec dec
TUESAY BACK- 16 sets
WED SHOULDERS- 12
THRUS LEGS- 18
FRIDAY ARMS- 12 for tris, 10 for bis
SAT AND SUN OFF

Last edited:
i would focus on mass if i was you. hit the big 3 hard and heavy. bench, squat, deadlift. trust me the best bodybuilder in the world ronnie coleman focuses on them hard, he adds powerlifting in his routine. work on sets of 5 for a couple months, then go to sets of 3 for a month . you should gain some quality mass and great strength gains. then go back to your routine. its always good to shock your body

Back