675 bench press video

Nice bench bro. I have been doing great with my squat and DL,,,,,but I still havn't hit 400 with my bench. What kind of traiing are you doing?

Slayer said:
Nice bench bro. I have been doing great with my squat and DL,,,,,but I still havn't hit 400 with my bench. What kind of traiing are you doing?

Heavy........

MEtal militia

Haha nice one man, you were priceless after the 655. Your bench is really flying up you'll be at 700 in no time.

Mudge said:
Are you using a specific variant of MM?

Pretty simple really. Heavy raw 3 rep worksets to failure. Board sets of 5 to failure. SHirt sets of 3 to failure. Rack lockouts progressive load to failure and deload no rest. 1 set. TRicep work up to 4 sets 1 excersize.

AS the meet nears move boards to after shirt work. drop to shirt and raw doubles about 4 weeks out. Also drop the boards to 3 reps.

BTW mudge plan A doesn't mean plan anadrol!! LOL :)

Last edited:
LivingSculpture said:
Nice work bro, change that SIG....Im not the smartest guy but I think you just beat 605 hahaha

Well not so fast all the suited lifts in my sig were competition APF santioned lifts. I will change the raw one though. Thanks for reminding me and paying attention to my signiture. .

sweet benching jim. you in a good place up there to train with the ass family. many are not lucky enough to stumble onto a good gym with experienced powerlifter. treasure it.

pullinbig said:
sweet benching jim. you in a good place up there to train with the ass family. many are not lucky enough to stumble onto a good gym with experienced powerlifter. treasure it.

I do :)

roccodart440 said:
BTW mudge plan A doesn't mean plan anadrol!! LOL :)

Are you saying there is a Plan A revision 2?

Taurine is actually one of my favorite things right now, took me awhile to figure out what was doing most of the magic in my supplement regimen. Mega dosed taurine is fucking amazing for me, I do about 1/3tsp 2-3 times a day along with my CEE, L-arginine maleate, and NAC.

What is your overall volume looking like? MM beat me to hell.

Last edited:
WHat does taurine do for you?

volume
worksets only

raw bench:3
Shirt: 3
Boards:3
Racklockouts: 14
Assistance: 2-4
------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------

Taurine

© Elson M. Haas M.D.
(Excerpted from Staying Healthy with Nutrition:
The Complete Guide to Diet and Nutritional Medicine, Celestial Arts)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taurine, a lesser known amino acid, is not part of our muscle protein yet is important in metabolism, especially in the brain. It is essential in newborns, as they cannot make it. Adults can produce sulfur-containing taurine from cysteine with the help of pyridoxine, B6. It is possible that if not enough taurine is made in the body, especially if cysteine or B6 is deficient, it might be further required in the diet. In foods, it is high in meats and fish proteins.
Taurine functions in electrically active tissues such as the brain and heart to help stabilize cell membranes. It also has functions in the gallbladder, eyes, and blood vessels and appears to have some antioxidant and detoxifying activity. Taurine aids the movement of potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium in and out of cells and thus helps generate nerve impulses. Zinc seems to support this effect of taurine. Taurine is found in the central nervous system, skeletal muscle, and heart; it is very concentrated in the brain and high in the heart tissues.

Taurine is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, and its main use has been to help treat epilepsy and other excitable brain states, where it functions as a mild sedative. Research shows low taurine levels at seizure sites and its anti-convulsant effect comes from its ability to stabilize nerve cell membranes, which prevents the erratic firing of nerve cells. Doses for this effect are 500 mg. three times daily.

The cardiovascular dosage of taurine is higher. In Japan, taurine therapy is used in the treatment of ischemic heart disease with supplements of 5–6 grams daily in three divided doses. Low taurine and magnesium levels were found in patients after heart attacks. Taurine has potential in the treatment of arrhythmias, especially arrhythmias secondary to ischemia. People with congestive heart failure have also responded to a dosage of 2 grams three times daily with improved cardiac and respiratory function. Other possible cardiovascular uses of taurine include hypertension, possibly related to effects in the renin-angiotensin system of the kidneys, and in patients with high cholesterol levels. Taurine helps gallbladder function by forming tauracholate from bile acids; tauracholate helps increase cholesterol elimination in the bile.
Other possible uses for taurine include immune suppression (by sparing L-cysteine), visual problems and eye disease, cirrhosis and liver failure, depression, male infertility due to low sperm motility, and as a supplement for newborns and new mothers. Overall, the dosage used may range from 500 mg. to 5–6 grams, with the higher amounts needed for the cardiovascular problems and possibly epilepsy. Possible symptoms of toxicity from taurine supplementation include diarrhea and peptic ulcers.

Last edited:
roccodart440 said:
WHat does taurine do for you?

I feel fucking pumped almost all the time, and the size starts coming when I get back on it. This is where I get close to breaking into new territory, if my diet and supplements get religious I start moving again, otherwise I backtrack to a point of homeostasis. I can put an 1/8th" on my arms in the first week back on the stuff, and my back is starting to squeeze my shirts tight enough that its making my shirts too short.

Back